English Español
Advertisement
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

  1. #1

    No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    http://news.yahoo.com/wwe-network-hi...FT0gUAyO_QtDMD


    If somehow the creative and rich geniuses in boxing could find a way to put something together like this, I think it could be explosive. Boxing has so much content it could put into a channel and then add to that live events, interviews, and programming. The beauty of this too is that boxing fans are extremely devoted and if priced right would easily pay for something in this model. Maybe I am being utopian, but I do think it is worh exploring.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/wwe-network-hi...FT0gUAyO_QtDMD


    If somehow the creative and rich geniuses in boxing could find a way to put something together like this, I think it could be explosive. Boxing has so much content it could put into a channel and then add to that live events, interviews, and programming. The beauty of this too is that boxing fans are extremely devoted and if priced right would easily pay for something in this model. Maybe I am being utopian, but I do think it is worh exploring.
    Yup! I've spoken about this since I joined, pretty much. But trust me! They're paying close, close attention to ol' Vinnie Mac.

    In fact, two guys named Alan and Dick have indeed explored something like this.

    Finding a way to get rid of the massive cable/satellite expense is going to be one key aspect of economic growth in the broadcasting of boxing.

    The suits are watching this closely.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Once they find the right numbers that show them a profit it will be here. There is a new fight channel on optimum that features boxing , as well as other fighting sports.

    Top Rank might be on the forefront . They have Top Rank TV online and Top Rank has a weekly show in China.

  4. #4
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,074

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Once they find the right numbers that show them a profit it will be here. There is a new fight channel on optimum that features boxing , as well as other fighting sports.

    Top Rank might be on the forefront . They have Top Rank TV online and Top Rank has a weekly show in China.
    Top Rank is quietly kicking butt. And pundits are so slow to notice. For a while now, Top Rank has been speaking softly and walking with a big -- and I mean BIG -- STICK. Holla!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Yep we spoke about this possible last year.

    We are all ready for a boxing channel.

    I think we mentioned Boxnation as well and the benefits and prices they reflect.


    This needs to get rolling asap

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    I think boxing has taken notice. And one person in particular and that is Al Haymon. There are constant rumors circulating that he is considering in the near future (a year to two) of forming his own online streaming boxing network. It makes sense as well as he has been signing a ton of fighters and will need to find some avenue to get some consistent work.

    Top Rank is currently streaming their undercard fights for their bigger shows for free online. I regularly watch these and think they do a great job. They certainly also must be thinking of how to expand and who knows may try to beat Haymon to the punch.

    I have always wondered as well why the British promoters do not broadcast their events in the US like the US promoters get their events on in the UK. Why not do a streaming service to fans here for their bigger events? There is a market for it and it would get the UK fighters exposure in the US market.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    You guys are right on target. Both Top Rank and Al Haymon are set to change the face of televised boxing very soon.

    Why do you think both Arum & Haymon are signing everybody they can? They are looking to build their stables, fortify their list of contenders and strengthen the champions they have signed.

    Boxing is only going to get bigger in the next few years.

    -Randy G

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    You guys are right on target. Both Top Rank and Al Haymon are set to change the face of televised boxing very soon.

    Why do you think both Arum & Haymon are signing everybody they can? They are looking to build their stables, fortify their list of contenders and strengthen the champions they have signed.

    Boxing is only going to get bigger in the next few years.

    -Randy G
    Any idea why Boxnation is not offered in the States?

    That would be a great start and barometer of things to come.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,033

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Any idea why Boxnation is not offered in the States?

    That would be a great start and barometer of things to come.
    I agree, I don't understand why that is not offered on an online subscription basis. If they are showing an HBO/PPV event, then simply black it out and allow the subscribers to watch the other programming. It seems to me this would be a good way to not only produce a little revenue but more importantly gain exposure for a lot of fighters that so far are not getting that US exposure.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: No One In Boxing Noticed............But They Should

    Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I agree, I don't understand why that is not offered on an online subscription basis. If they are showing an HBO/PPV event, then simply black it out and allow the subscribers to watch the other programming. It seems to me this would be a good way to not only produce a little revenue but more importantly gain exposure for a lot of fighters that so far are not getting that US exposure.
    Agreed 100%

    Even if only limited to online there are easy ways to stream it to an hdtv.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •