English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not long till Porter Brook

Not long till Porter Brook

Where is all the hype? The anticipation and fight week fever???

This is hopefully going to be the coming of age of two brilliant fighters, but only one man will walk away victor and Welterweight World Champion.

Brook has fought in the states so he shouldn't be dazzled by the bright lights and fanfare, Porter is a native and will no doubt have the crowd but none of that will matter when the first bell rings and they both get to business.

I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Porter, and a big fan of Brook. Both guys have power behind their technique and this one could come down to durability and will.

Who do you guys have picked?

Re: Not long till Porter Brook

You're back! I responded to your question on the other thread. Check it out.

Prediction? If everything is on the up-and-up, Brook takes it.

If Porter prepares like he has for the past two fights, he should bulldoze his way to a victory, possibly by late-round KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Where is all the hype? The anticipation and fight week fever???

This is hopefully going to be the coming of age of two brilliant fighters, but only one man will walk away victor and Welterweight World Champion.

Brook has fought in the states so he shouldn't be dazzled by the bright lights and fanfare, Porter is a native and will no doubt have the crowd but none of that will matter when the first bell rings and they both get to business.

I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Porter, and a big fan of Brook. Both guys have power behind their technique and this one could come down to durability and will.

Who do you guys have picked?
    Brook is not well known in the states at least among the common fan.

Porter is still making a name for himself.

Two young and skilled guys coming together, should be an exciting fight, both have much to prove.

I am taking Porter by way of bulldozer. And I mean that almost literally. The kid is an ox in there, a crazed ox who wont be stopped and who continues to add skill to his craft.

Which question on which thread? I am surprised my absence was noted, if you can link me the post I will respond.

To be honest with you i'm not expecting a Porter head down arms swinging rampage. Brook is too skilled and I'm sure they've studied enough to know that it won't work. I think it could turn into a high calibre boxing bout for 12 rounds, with hopefully - I plead to the Gods of Pugilism - 2 or 3 knockdowns.

Brook will need to look convincing to take the belt, but Porter may be too active and make Brook less appealing to the judges.. Porter has a phenomenal engine..

@Aseng he's built like an ox and he's got skills. I think Eddie Hearn is hoping Brook becomes more of a name stateside after this fight. He's already fought on the undercard of Ward Froch in the super six in Atlantic City, but who watches a Ward undercard?

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Which question on which thread? I am surprised my absence was noted, if you can link me the post I will respond.

To be honest with you i'm not expecting a Porter head down arms swinging rampage. Brook is too skilled and I'm sure they've studied enough to know that it won't work. I think it could turn into a high calibre boxing bout for 12 rounds, with hopefully - I plead to the Gods of Pugilism - 2 or 3 knockdowns.

Brook will need to look convincing to take the belt, but Porter may be too active and make Brook less appealing to the judges.. Porter has a phenomenal engine..

@Aseng he's built like an ox and he's got skills. I think Eddie Hearn is hoping Brook becomes more of a name stateside after this fight. He's already fought on the undercard of Ward Froch in the super six in Atlantic City, but who watches a Ward undercard?
    About DeGale vs. Dirrell and my predictions of Periban, Bika and Love.

Should be an interesting fight. I'm looking forward to it. Hard to pick because there's been so much uncertainty regarding the preparations. I really don't know what kind of shape they're in.

I'm leaning towards Brook, though.

I really like Brooks style... And his nasty disposition out side of the ring.
    But will he be able to out work the ultimate hustler and over acheiver?....Shawn Porter.

Brook has a lot of holes in his game. For instance, he likes to hang his left low and will often times pull straight back with his chin up. His jab also can be very lazy and can easily be countered by a good counter puncher.

I think this is an easy fight for Porter. He will expose the flaws in Brook's game that other inferior opposition Brook has faced has been unable to do. I also see two different fighters on different paths as Porter continues to get better while Brook seems stuck in neutral. I think Porter will dominate from the opening bell and have Brook out of there within eight rounds or so.

I can't wait until this fight. Two young top boxers going at it. Brooks shows a lot of guts for traveling on the road for this fight. Porter has been steamrolling guys lately. The Paulie M fight was impressive but I don't think PM was training as hard as he could have been with the commentator commitments and traveling all over the place. This seems like a pick em fight. Who ever wins this one is a big player at the top of the boxing food chain.

Funny thing, I just googled Porter Brook to check the line. There is a seminary named Porterbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Brook has a lot of holes in his game. For instance, he likes to hang his left low and will often times pull straight back with his chin up. His jab also can be very lazy and can easily be countered by a good counter puncher.

I think this is an easy fight for Porter. He will expose the flaws in Brook's game that other inferior opposition Brook has faced has been unable to do. I also see two different fighters on different paths as Porter continues to get better while Brook seems stuck in neutral. I think Porter will dominate from the opening bell and have Brook out of there within eight rounds or so.
    An Ohio man backing an Ohio man?! Brook ticks all the boxes in terms of boxing in my opinion. Porter is stocky, powerful and explosive, but Brook also has the power to hurt him when he tries to bulldoze him. There will be times when Kell will have to suck it up and ride it out but I think Brook will beat Porter.

Porter will explode out the first few rounds but I think he will get timed and shook when Brook gets him around the 4th. It'll be a few more Brook rounds until both guys start looking for their second wind as we go deeper into the bout. I can't wait.

@D2 I think you're right about Paulie, he gained and lost a lot of weight fast too so i'm sure it affected him too. Both guys can win if they leave everything they have in that ring no matter which way the decision swings if it goes the full 12.. Porter, Brook, Thurman, Bradley and maybe Maidana and Khan too will make 147 really interesting in the immediate future.

I can see this fight starting off on the cautious side due to both guys having too much respect for the others punch. And I do not think SP will come in like he did on Paulie. You can do that with a guy who you know over the years has been a lighter puncher. Brook throws straight punches, has skills and seems to be big for 147. I just want to see how he responds when/if he has to deal with the adversity that comes when you step into the ring with top of the division competition. I was ringside for the Alfonzo Gomez vs Shawn Porter bout and I just wasn't too impressed. I only saw it live and now that I've seen Porter the last couple times on TV and he does seem to be more relaxed and execute better. Good match-up and the winner of this fight seems to have big fight potential. Brooke vs Khan in the UK or Porter vs Thurman. Pacquiao and Mayweather can be thrown in that mix as well, if they take care of business.