English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kovalev opens as a betting favorite

Kovalev opens as a betting favorite

Kovalev opens as a -275 favorite.

Hopkins is a +200 underdog.

I thought it would of been closer then that.

Re: Kovalev opens as a betting favorite

I think ti's going to even out. People are going to bet on Hopkins with those kind of odds in play.

There is no way the line will hold that way. It will be somewhere around Hopkins +120 Kovalev -150 when the opening bell sounds in a few months. If you are laying money on Hopkins, now would be the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I think ti's going to even out. People are going to bet on Hopkins with those kind of odds in play.
    100% with you. I would take that right now if I were a betting man.

Interestingly enough, Tarver was a betting favorite over Hop, Pavlik was a favorite, Cloud was a betting favorite, Pascal was a favorite as well. It seems like Vegas is betting that eventually Hop is going to get old in the ring. Can't wait to see if Hop defies the odds again.

It will even up. Now is the time to put some $ down if you want Hopkins. If your picking Kovalev ,waiting until fight week can be a better bet.

Some where in there must be a formula to make some money.

I've have been betting against Hopkins more or less since the Trinidad fight. I feel like I am playing Blackjack and waiting to get some good cards.Hopkins has gained my respect the old fashioned way, he earned it. I would favor Hopkins over Stevenson, Kovalev I am not so sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    It will even up. Now is the time to put some $ down if you want Hopkins. If your picking Kovalev ,waiting until fight week can be a better bet.

Some where in there must be a formula to make some money.

I've have been betting against Hopkins more or less since the Trinidad fight. I feel like I am playing Blackjack and waiting to get some good cards.Hopkins has gained my respect the old fashioned way, he earned it. I would favor Hopkins over Stevenson, Kovalev I am not so sure yet.
    Deep you pretty much stole my words! i've been going against hopkins since trinidad, not changing now and I will eventually get it right, Kovalev will stop him, or his corner will throw the towel in. I've been wrong about 90% of the time with Hopkins. The man is amazing, Kovalev is gonna run him out of the ring, set a fast tempo and avoid all the clinches. shall see

Advanced Users

I expected that. And it is not really a betting odd. It's a mid middle-age haters' hoping scale. They forever make the B-Hop executing "Alien" the underdog. But they really are hoping that he is going to be a slaughtered hog. These odd setters are likely around B-Hop's age and a few years more. They couldn't wear his jock strap through a wide-opened, unprotected door.

The Alien doing da do --like he does -- makes 'em full of do do. He, they don't wanna cheer, they rather boo. They have made Kovalev their "Young Hope." But like a fibbin' byyyyytchhhhh, he is going to choke. And the Alien is going to swim without a single stroke.

The Alien is going to slice and dice. Kovalev is going to need a lot of ice. But his corner won't be able to pay the price.

The Alien is going to do so much jabbing and stabbing and grabbing, that Team Kovalev will be calling him "Jack, The Ripper" from a far-away Big Dipper. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I expected that. And it is not really a betting odd. It's a mid middle-age haters' hoping scale. They forever make the B-Hop executing "Alien" the underdog. But they really are hoping that he is going to be a slaughtered hog. These odd setters are likely around B-Hop's age and a few years more. They couldn't wear his jock strap through a wide-opened, unprotected door.

The Alien doing da do --like he does -- makes 'em full of do do. He, they don't wanna cheer, they rather boo. They have made Kovalev their "Young Hope." But like a fibbin' byyyyytchhhhh, he is going to choke. And the Alien is going to swim without a single stroke.

The Alien is going to slice and dice. Kovalev is going to need a lot of ice. But his corner won't be able to pay the price.

The Alien is going to do so much jabbing and stabbing and grabbing, that Team Kovalev will be calling him "Jack, The Ripper" from a far-away Big Dipper. Holla!
    That's hillarous RG...
    I think this will be the most exciting Bhop fight since Bernard fought at middleweight.

Add this corner to the belief that the odds will dro--not widen--as the fight draws closer. If you gonna' make a bet on Hopkins, do it now, while he's +200.

Also, do we know what the other odds are? The over/under? Will the fight end in a knockout? A decision? A draw? What are the odds on a first-round KO? KO 1 for Kovalev? KO 1 for Hopkins?

The numbers are always fun to look at. Then, afterwards, you're kicking yourself, saying, "Why didn't I bet on that?"

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    That's hillarous RG...
    I think this will be the most exciting Bhop fight since Bernard fought at middleweight.
    You think so, Suge? I doubt it's going to be action packed. Hopkins is a spoiler. Why would he stand there and fight the guy? That's not too wise. It will be full of suspense, though!

I think we might see Kovalev take a page out of Miguel Cotto's playbook and take a knee.

KNEEGUEL style!