English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Boxing Results: Jessie Vargas retains title, gets UD win over Anton Novikov

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Boxing Results: Jessie Vargas retains title, gets UD win over Anton Novikov

Re: Boxing Results: Jessie Vargas retains title, gets UD win over Anton Novikov

I can see the decision but the cards were horrendous. 7-5 either way or a draw in my book. There were some close rounds not enough to stretch it to anymore that 116-112 and that is a major reach.

Re: Boxing Results: Jessie Vargas retains title, gets UD win over Anton Novikov

I had the fight even 114-114. The official scoring on the fight was absolutely terrible. I can see an enlargement for either man winning but not by the margins the judges all gave the fight to Vargas.

Vargas is somehow a belt holder and still undefeated. He was beaten in my opinion and convincingly by Josesito Lopez and Allakherdiev. Those decisions were down right robberies. He was also on the winning side of three very close fights that could have gone either way against Omotoso, Narh and now Novikov.

With all the close wins in fights he easily could have lost, I'd say Vargas is the sports most fortunate fighter at the moment. Though it could be more than fortunate as it sure appeared that those cards yesterday may have been filled out before the fight began.