English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Jessie Vargas vs. Anton Novikov make weight, all is set for Vargas' first title defense.

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Jessie Vargas vs. Anton Novikov make weight, all is set for Vargas' first title defense.

Re: Jessie Vargas vs. Anton Novikov make weight, all is set for Vargas' first title defense.

I think Compubox should count the clinches along with punches landed for this one. The number of clinches could exceed the total number of punches landed here unfortunately.

Re: Jessie Vargas vs. Anton Novikov make weight, all is set for Vargas' first title defense.

Do you see either guy as a clincher or just one of them,?

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Do you see either guy as a clincher or just one of them,?

-Randy G.
    Novikov will throw and hold. He's been penalized as well in the past for excessive holding. I think we are going to see a lot of clinches here in this one. I hope I am wrong but think this one may not be the most television friendly fight to watch.

Vargas has yet to impress me, in any way

Wow much better fight so far than I thought. Novikov being very aggressive. I am pleasantly surprised and enjoying this one.