English Español
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: Talking Tennis With the Roast

  1. #71
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,694

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    WOW! The Roast, you are straight up killing it with views on this Thread. A late, late welcome to becoming the second person to roll into the "TSS 6thou Land Of The Giant Club."

    Good that thing that you came back to the Windy City late, last year. Silly ISIS says that they are ready to come into Italy and take over.

    WTF! I have you to know that those terrorists are illing. Dey dumb arses oughta be chillin!' The nuns are going to beat their arses. Hehehe! I know nuns. They are the best arse kickers on da planet. And Da Big G Up On High Has their six. Holla!

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,638

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Thank you RG, from one playa to anatha.
    Note to Stormcentre, Canadian Cutie Genie B is defiantly the new it girl in the tennis world. She has the looks and the game. She is going to make tons of money. She will be taking on Maria in the Quarterfinals at Melbourne. You don't have to be a tennis fan to enjoy this match.
    Roast, was kickin' it with Caroline the other day! Told her The Roast said hi. She said "hvad snakker du om?" LOL

    By the way, I'm here to give you what you want. I'm finna roast the little bitches that spew vomit.

  3. #73
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    That's my tROAST! We will win. We will!

    I was so hoping for this post to be the one where you broke through the ceiling, but I guess that still lies ahead. We know you have a champion's heart and would be willing to die to avoid losing, but you showed a lot of class in the only moment that counts, immediately after the contest.

    God, I love competitors.
    I think I have a mental problem Dino. I always play to win but when I get paired with Derek my intensity gets ratcheted up several notches. On the outside I am smiling a little to put him at ease but inside a storm is raging.
    When I am running late to tennis my wife always tells me to be careful, "Don't speed you'll get a ticket."
    I never get a ticket.
    This time I have a job interview looming where I think I have it, I just have to pass a physical and road test.
    Basically just show up in one piece.
    This evening before I leave she says "Just don't get hurt."
    During the tiebreaker that we would go on to lose Derek and I are trailing 3-2. At this crucial must have point we were chasing the ball all over. Derek crosses in front of me blocking my view of the ball for a split second. He had swung and missed but not touched the ball. The ball is on me in a flash, my instinct is to dive. I miss and crash to the deck on my back. I rise quickly. "Just don't get hurt" the wife said before I left.
    The interview got pushed from Friday to Monday. Why did I dive for that ball?

  4. #74
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Roast, was kickin' it with Caroline the other day! Told her The Roast said hi. She said "hvad snakker du om?" LOL

    By the way, I'm here to give you what you want. I'm finna roast the little bitches that spew vomit.
    You really know Caroline?? I have become a big fan. When she was #1 I was not a fan but seeing her struggle and bounce back I am in her corner. I'd love to see her win a Slam. Girl has a lot of heart.

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,638

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    You really know Caroline?? I have become a big fan. When she was #1 I was not a fan but seeing her struggle and bounce back I am in her corner. I'd love to see her win a Slam. Girl has a lot of heart.
    I don't "know" her really. She's a fan of my nephew and the Danish national soccer team (he plays for them). And I was getting connected with her people through work. Plus we both speak Danish, of course.

    Yes, she's a tremendous athlete. I was actually working for Ekstra Bladet and sat in the newsroom when she became No. 1; we were following it on monitors.

    That was awesome, yet people didn't like it, as if she cheated her way to the top spot by playing a shitload of tournaments.

    I'm rooting for her too! I hope she gets at least one Grand Slam. Serena on the other hand just legitimately joined the convo with Graf and Martina. Like seriously.

    I wouldn't be shocked to see Serena take a Grand Slam in her mid-thirties. She's not too far from catching Graf.

    No matter what Caroline, Serena or anyone else does, NO ONE beats Graf's 1988. Ever.

  6. #76
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I don't "know" her really. She's a fan of my nephew and the Danish national soccer team (he plays for them). And I was getting connected with her people through work. Plus we both speak Danish, of course.

    Yes, she's a tremendous athlete. I was actually working for Ekstra Bladet and sat in the newsroom when she became No. 1; we were following it on monitors.

    That was awesome, yet people didn't like it, as if she cheated her way to the top spot by playing a shitload of tournaments.

    I'm rooting for her too! I hope she gets at least one Grand Slam. Serena on the other hand just legitimately joined the convo with Graf and Martina. Like seriously.

    I wouldn't be shocked to see Serena take a Grand Slam in her mid-thirties. She's not too far from catching Graf.

    No matter what Caroline, Serena or anyone else does, NO ONE beats Graf's 1988. Ever.
    Serena just passed Martina and Evert with 19. Graf at 22 is within reach. I think Serena will pass her within the next two years. When she's at her best no one can beat her. That '88 Steffi Slam will be near impossible to top!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •