English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking Tennis With the Roast

Advanced Users

Re: Talking Tennis With the Roast

Hehehe! Tell the truth. Those nuns ran you off. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Hehehe! Tell the truth. Those nuns ran you off. Holla!
    Not true at all Radam. Also the reputed gambling and whoring stories you may have heard about the Roast are vastly overstated.
    I'd like to thank Gianfranco Rossi and Nino LaRocca for being my right and left hand men during this tumultuous time period in the life of the Roast.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Not true at all Radam. Also the reputed gambling and whoring stories you may have heard about the Roast are vastly overstated.
    I'd like to thank Gianfranco Rossi and Nino LaRocca for being my right and left hand men during this tumultuous time period in the life of the Roast.
    Hehehehehehehehehehe! You are just too much --TOO MUCH! Funny as heck! Holla!

Hello again everybody and welcome to Talking Tennis. Well Serena beat up on Angie Kerber as I expected to win the final. The tour now moves to Canada. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from TSS claim to be from Canada. Any hosers out there? Take off Eh? Anyway I am currently watching Victoria Azarenka struggle to the end with Wimbledon Serena conqueror Alice Cornet from France. I do not like Vika so I hope she loses but she is trying to come back from a knee injury an I can identify with that a little on a smaller scale. As I type Vika pulls it out 6-4 in the 3rd.
    As I try to develop this new segment I would like to call forth UltimoShogun as my co-host or Ed McMahon type sidekick. Ultisho is a tennis fan and has much to add to this new venture.

I have a question for anyone reading this from the UK. Why is it that when Andy Murray wins he is a Brit but when he loses he is a Scot? Can anyone explain this to me? I'd be much obliged old chap.

Boxing is not going anywhere, I think we all know this. Why not head over to my new segment on Random Topics and chime in on new Roast news and events?
    I went to Random Topics. As soon as I saw Tennis, I bailed out. Sorry.

Tennis? You were watching tennis? Every top tennis player I have ever met I have wanted to beat up! They are a group of whining, snivelling, spoiled brats. They yell, scream and curse out the officials who don't do a blessed thing to them. Oh, excuse me. The Tennis Association may fine then. Wonderful!

Can you picture a boxer doing the same to a referee after he hollers "Break!" or "Stop!" or "Watch the low blows!"

Ever see kids ask a tennis star for their autograph? It would make you cry to see how most of them treat their fans.

Try to clear your throat at a tennis match. You'll have 10,000 people staring and pointing at you like you just hurled bottles onto the court.

Boxing is not going anywhere.

I wish tennis would!

-Randy G

Ok. The Commish is not a tennis fan. No problem, I get it. I have friends who love soccer, or football depending where you are from, and I can't stand it. To me it's just a bunch of guys running around on a field and almost never scoring.
    I played tonight and had a great time. We had only six players tonight so that meant somebody had to play singles. Any volunteers? I raise my hand. Also raising his hand was a great player we met a few years back from Nigeria. We will call him Emeka cuz thats his name.
    "Oh crap" I think to my self because this guy is bigger, younger, faster, taller, and has just about every advantage over me. Except for one thing. I am a better fighter. Meaning I can hang in there when things get ugly. I can think my way though tough spots.
    I was worried I might get pounded but I was able to pull out the win 6-4 6-4 a little bit to my surprise. I had to out think him. He is fast so I had to hit behind him a lot. Attack his backhand over and over.
    At the end he was was weary from all the running, I was tired too. On match point I put everything I had left into my first serve because I knew I didn't have much left. His return sailed long. I was happy but I showed no outside reaction. I've been here before. After we shook hands he showed me some photos from his recent trip to Haiti. The summer is slipping away. A good night on the court stays with me well into the next day. I will be sore when I wake up tomorrow but I will remember many good shots.

Administrator

Ok. The Commish is not a tennis fan. No problem, I get it. I have friends who love soccer, or football depending where you are from, and I can't stand it. To me it's just a bunch of guys running around on a field and almost never scoring.
    I played tonight and had a great time. We had only six players tonight so that meant somebody had to play singles. Any volunteers? I raise my hand. Also raising his hand was a great player we met a few years back from Nigeria. We will call him Emeka cuz thats his name.
    "Oh crap" I think to my self because this guy is bigger, younger, faster, taller, and has just about every advantage over me. Except for one thing. I am a better fighter. Meaning I can hang in there when things get ugly. I can think my way though tough spots.
    I was worried I might get pounded but I was able to pull out the win 6-4 6-4 a little bit to my surprise. I had to out think him. He is fast so I had to hit behind him a lot. Attack his backhand over and over.
    At the end he was was weary from all the running, I was tired too. On match point I put everything I had left into my first serve because I knew I didn't have much left. His return sailed long. I was happy but I showed no outside reaction. I've been here before. After we shook hands he showed me some photos from his recent trip to Haiti. The summer is slipping away. A good night on the court stays with me well into the next day. I will be sore when I wake up tomorrow but I will remember many good shots.
    Enjoying this thread. Thanks tRoast.

I know I've mentioned it here before but I believe it warrants a second mention. The book 'Open' by Agassi is not only a great tennis book, but short list finest books I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Enjoying this thread. Thanks tRoast.

I know I've mentioned it here before but I believe it warrants a second mention. The book 'Open' by Agassi is not only a great tennis book, but short list finest books I've ever read.
    Glad to hear someone is enjoying Talking Tennis With the Roast. It's been a busy couple of days in Roastworld. Took my 12 year old daughter and her best bud to the Katy Perry concert last night at the UC and had to work this morning. Finally settling in for the night to watch the Showtime card. Got it DVRing now as I watch Federer defy time and continue to be the best of all time.
    I stopped by a book store on my way home from work looking for that Agassi book you mentioned. No luck, they didn't have it. I will keep looking or order it. I still have to read Springs book and the Commish's too when it comes out. Finding the time to sit back and read will be another problem to overcome. Free time is hard to come by with work, the family, and the yellow ball. Of course most nights the Roast can be found here making smart asss coments and protecting TSS from evil doers.

Later Amigo.

Advanced Users

Glad to hear someone is enjoying Talking Tennis With the Roast. It's been a busy couple of days in Roastworld. Took my 12 year old daughter and her best bud to the Katy Perry concert last night at the UC and had to work this morning. Finally settling in for the night to watch the Showtime card. Got it DVRing now as I watch Federer defy time and continue to be the best of all time.
    I stopped by a book store on my way home from work looking for that Agassi book you mentioned. No luck, they didn't have it. I will keep looking or order it. I still have to read Springs book and the Commish's too when it comes out. Finding the time to sit back and read will be another problem to overcome. Free time is hard to come by with work, the family, and the yellow ball. Of course most nights the Roast can be found here making smart asss coments and protecting TSS from evil doers.

Later Amigo.
    I'm waiting on the Commish's book "Glove Affair" to hit the circuit. I believe some of the pugs in it are claiming various types of glove cheating that ain't so. And some are ditto. Holla!

Hey Roast, did you see Venus beating Serena the other day?

I was browsing some tennis stuff and it occurred to me that not only did the younger Serena beat then-dominant big sister to the punch by winning the first Grand Slam title in '99, she actually captured two mixed doubles Grand Slam titles in 1998!

Anyway, here's the first meeting between the two sisters. Look how much they've developed physically since.

It's like seeing a young Mayweather or Roy Jones grow into what they would later become as their bodies filled out: