English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,340

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Well said D2. To claim that Biosse is anything close to Ishida or Adama is straight disrespectful and belies the evident poor eye for identifying skill levels. Not only that, but Biosse if i'm not mistaken came in very short notice. He had just finished a fight against a beautifully skilful fighter in Callum Smith in which he was dismantled, and then before allowing his body to recuperate faced Dirrell all the way across the vast pond.

    Ishida is a tough, stoic and ballsy journeyman who will make any fighter pay who doesn't step in the ring seriously. Adama is much the same although slightly cruder in my opinion. Biosse as you pointed out is nothing but a bag, he wouldn't even make the grade as a sparring partner for fighters such as Golovkin, let alone be allowed the privilege to square off against them in the ring.

    I'd love to see DeGale fight Dirrell and put a beating on him. Rodriguez or Groves would beat him too.
    Lol no they won't. Just ask Groves how he did against him in sparring a few months ago. DeGale gets embarrassed.

    You don't sound too high on him. Do you think he can beat a Periban, Bika or Love?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,340

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Oops forgot to mention Bika -- that's another titleholder he'd be favored against.

    He's really a favorite vs half the champs out there, even at this rusty stage. Dirrell back in action is good for the division, for the landscape.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,646

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Lol no they won't. Just ask Groves how he did against him in sparring a few months ago. DeGale gets embarrassed.

    You don't sound too high on him. Do you think he can beat a Periban, Bika or Love?
    How much of DeGale have you seen out of interest? He is skilled and powerful, not perfect but he has more than what Dirrell brings to the table and it would be shown if they ever crossed paths. Anyhow, DeGale is the mandatory for Froch's IBF and will soon be a World Champion if all things go well, whilst Dirrell is fighting Biosse's a few weeks after another fighter took chunks out of them.

    I did speak to Groves whilst he was at big bear and he enjoyed the camp and working with Golovkin. He acquitted himself well against GGG.

    And he would beat Periban and stretch a decision against Bika but that fight depends on how he takes hold of the action. Against Love it would be a good test but I think he slips and Love takes it. How about yourself?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,340

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    How much of DeGale have you seen out of interest? He is skilled and powerful, not perfect but he has more than what Dirrell brings to the table and it would be shown if they ever crossed paths. Anyhow, DeGale is the mandatory for Froch's IBF and will soon be a World Champion if all things go well, whilst Dirrell is fighting Biosse's a few weeks after another fighter took chunks out of them.

    I did speak to Groves whilst he was at big bear and he enjoyed the camp and working with Golovkin. He acquitted himself well against GGG.

    And he would beat Periban and stretch a decision against Bika but that fight depends on how he takes hold of the action. Against Love it would be a good test but I think he slips and Love takes it. How about yourself?
    Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

    I've seen quite a bit of him, actually. Saw him in the Olympics. Saw him lose to George Groves in a very, very close (and quite boring, actually) fight that was contested at a high/competitive skill-level.

    I've studied him carefully and I've watched plenty of interviews, in-between-round chats with his trainer and in-ring demeanor to get a decent psychological profile on him as well. I feel pretty confident in knowing his ceiling and his potential.

    He's a good fighter.

    Not surprised to hear GG did well against GGG. I think Golovkin-Groves is a 55-45 fight -- and only because Groves likes to have his left hand a bit too low, which I never liked.

    Even though he picks it up when he sees incoming right hands, it's quite dangerous when he doesn't -- which we saw the last time out.

    If he corrects that, I'd favor him over Golovkin because of one underrated component of his game, which is his inside spoiling ability. He knows how to smother you and keeps his guard tight in close, much like Andre Ward.

    As for Dirrell vs. Bika? I think he beats Bika quite easily. Periban, the same.

    As for Love? That's an interesting pick.

    Well, he and Anthony grew up boxing Love so they know him well. The Dirrells are from Flint, Michigan while J'Leon is from Inkster, about 50 miles down the highway.

    They're in the same weight class so they may fight (though I doubt they will) but they have matched skills on numerous occasions.

    I know it's just sparring but here's something that leaked a few days ago. It may give us an idea...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,340

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Skibbz?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,461

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Nice video. First of all what round of sparring is that and what happened before this video? I think its unprofessional for Dirrell's team to put a segment of sparring out there so they can show off. What happens in the gym is supposed to stay in the gym.

    Second of all ,Dirrell beat Love from pillar to post, and in sparring Gym mates are supposed to take their foot off the peddle when the other guy is hurt. It looked like Love was hurt before the filming even started.

    Third of all I have no love for Love, he is a cheat and doesn't impress me at all with his skill. He is a protected fighter. Did Love bad mouth Al Haymon and did Dirrell make him pay for it?

    The bottom line is Dirrell beat the heck out of Love in the video clip of their sparring, it might not reflect what would happen during a real fight but Love is not that good to begin with as the Rosado fight showed.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,340

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    "No love for Love" lol, I love it. They're both with Haymon, actually!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,622

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Love is below average and D2 is right more importantly what happens in the gym stays in the gym.

    Quite disrespectful to put it out

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,646

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

    I've seen quite a bit of him, actually. Saw him in the Olympics. Saw him lose to George Groves in a very, very close (and quite boring, actually) fight that was contested at a high/competitive skill-level.

    I've studied him carefully and I've watched plenty of interviews, in-between-round chats with his trainer and in-ring demeanor to get a decent psychological profile on him as well. I feel pretty confident in knowing his ceiling and his potential.

    He's a good fighter.

    Not surprised to hear GG did well against GGG. I think Golovkin-Groves is a 55-45 fight -- and only because Groves likes to have his left hand a bit too low, which I never liked.

    Even though he picks it up when he sees incoming right hands, it's quite dangerous when he doesn't -- which we saw the last time out.

    If he corrects that, I'd favor him over Golovkin because of one underrated component of his game, which is his inside spoiling ability. He knows how to smother you and keeps his guard tight in close, much like Andre Ward.

    As for Dirrell vs. Bika? I think he beats Bika quite easily. Periban, the same.

    As for Love? That's an interesting pick.

    Well, he and Anthony grew up boxing Love so they know him well. The Dirrells are from Flint, Michigan while J'Leon is from Inkster, about 50 miles down the highway.

    They're in the same weight class so they may fight (though I doubt they will) but they have matched skills on numerous occasions.

    I know it's just sparring but here's something that leaked a few days ago. It may give us an idea...
    He does like to snake his jab but no doubt he had it glued to his chin when sparring Golovkin. Groves would find Golovkin pushing him to his limits of endurance with all the movement he'd have to do to stay away from the awesome power, and Groves has always had a stigma of being 'chinny' attached to him.. (no thanks to Froch).

    I don't think you can glean much from sparring, unless there's no head guards and they're in 10oz gloves. I want to see more of Dirrell, but Love has me bored every time I watch him fight.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,461

    Re: Andre Dirrell Absolutely Annihilates Guy, Supreme Skill

    Here is Love's response to this clip.

    1) Love says they should of showed the whole spar not just the end.

    2) It was years ago when love was just a 6 round fighter and 160 lb guy.

    3) What happens in the gym stays in the gym.

    4) You can't take much from this clip.

    5) Love isn't that good anyway, and in Championship fights Dirrell has not been that fun to watch.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbquefcasU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •