English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Diego Chaves Out?

Diego Chaves Out?

There are rumors circulating right now that the Rios-Chaves fight is off due to Chaves being unable to travel to the US. Apparently, there are delays in processing visa's at the moment and Chaves application is being delayed like a lot of others. This is very unfortunate as I think this would have been a fight of the year type fight.

We'll see how HBO and Top Rank address this if in fact the rumor is true and Chaves is stuck in Argentina. Can a suitable replacement opponent be found soon enough to keep the Vegas card together and Rios still on HBO? Or will HBO just go with the Kovalev fight? I am not sure who would be available to fight Rios on such short notice. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Re: Diego Chaves Out?

The backlog in filling passport and visa applications is a huge problem right now, not only in the United States but around the world. In the U.S., the problem is being blamed on a computer glitch. In England, the problem is being blamed on an unexpected surge of international travelers coupled with understaffing, the result of austerity measures.

If any in the TSS community is planning to go abroad anytime soon and doesn't have their papers in order, get right to it and pony up the extra bucks for the premium service that will speed up the process. Then cross your fingers.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by ArneK. View Post
    The backlog in filling passport and visa applications is a huge problem right now, not only in the United States but around the world. In the U.S., the problem is being blamed on a computer glitch. In England, the problem is being blamed on an unexpected surge of international travelers coupled with understaffing, the result of austerity measures.

If any in the TSS community is planning to go abroad anytime soon and doesn't have their papers in order, get right to it and pony up the extra bucks for the premium service that will speed up the process. Then cross your fingers.
    YUP! That backlog is terrible. It messed a planned trip for many of my Fil-Am relatives in the USA. They were supposed to be in the P-Islands before July 10. Now it is August and they are not being allowed to travel yet. They should've gotten dual citizenship instead just being AmerKano Joes and AmerKana James. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by ArneK. View Post

Great advice, ArneK. Even if you have no overseas trip planned and your passport/visa have expired, get to work NOW on having them renewed.

You never know when that call or urge to head overseas comes. When/if it does and you've got your papers in order, the rest is easy.

-Randy G.

Well now reports are coming that Chaves may in deed by able to fly to the US. I wonder if Mr. Arum is pulling all the strings he can possibly pull...

HBO and Top Rank tell me Chaves will be present.
    Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Well now reports are coming that Chaves may in deed by able to fly to the US. I wonder if Mr. Arum is pulling all the strings he can possibly pull...

Arum & HBO have a lot of phone numbers and strings. I am sure they called who they had to and pulled the strings they had to.

Welcome to the U.S of A., Mr. Chaves.

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Arum & HBO have a lot of phone numbers and strings. I am sure they called who they had to and pulled the strings they had to.

Welcome to the U.S of A., Mr. Chaves.

-Randy G.
    Wow! Mr. Chaves got the book up from a Bobfather's hook up. Now Bam Bam is going to beat Chaves up. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor Mike View Post
    HBO and Top Rank tell me Chaves will be present.
    Nice! I was worried for a bit this is a great matchup

I am so glad to hear that this looks to be back on. Fight of the year candidate if it happens, mark my words. Even with the distraction, I still say the much naturally bigger Chaves breaks down Rios in a war. Hopefully we get to see it play out in the ring on Saturday night.