English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

Advanced Users

Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I'm afraid you are right Deep. For all Floyd's talent he will most be remembered for the fights that didn't happen. We should be looking at Floyd/Manny 3 by now. It's a shame.
    Fanfaronades and fan boys have the memories of mangy dogs. They will remember the talent of Money May, as they do Sugar Ray -- the Robinson one. They are not going to be talking about how many pugs Money May ducked.

History has a foggy memory for the actuality of the reality. Holla!

Remember cotto wore the everlast mx gloves and did some damage to little Floyd . Therefore those gloves must not have padding. Most all time greats would fight with no gloves at a taxi stand. Floyd might get paid the most but history will look back and say whatever. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I had people over for the Pac-Cotto fight and they were all asking me about Floyd-Manny that night. I was telling them it has to be the next fight, everybody wants it, everybody come back in six months I'll host again. That was five years ago and still no Superfight.
    Exactly, and the hype would have been MAD following that Cotto destruction as Pac was at the height of his powers and Floyd still prime and at his.

how disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Fanfaronades and fan boys have the memories of mangy dogs. They will remember the talent of Money May, as they do Sugar Ray -- the Robinson one. They are not going to be talking about how many pugs Money May ducked.

History has a foggy memory for the actuality of the reality. Holla!
    Maybe historians, but with social media running just about everyone's conversations and thoughts these days, the Floyd and Pac fight never happening will never go away.