English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

What a farce.

Just a way for Floyd to get Chino to wear 10oz gloves this time.

I just do not get how you can defend two different division titles on the same night.

Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

And to promote the fight, technically they can I think. As long as they fight at or below each division's weight limit

Advanced Users

Both of you guys are right. It is 10oz and below the maximum weights of 147lbs and 154lbs. Holla!

WBC is slipping. Senior would have let the others fight for either welter or super welter belt and award Floyd with pearls n' fairy dust sprinkled total welter control champ belt. But junior is young. Give him time to figure this one out..

I feel this is a hot and important topic, wanted to BUMP it back up top before it was too far lost for everyone to see.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I feel this is a hot and important topic, wanted to BUMP it back up top before it was too far lost for everyone to see.

What are everyone's thoughts?
    Reminds me of sugar ray vs Donny Lelonde. Not. Floyd will retire and no one will blink an eye just like last time he retired. If Floyd fought Ggg at 154 then he deserves all accolades . He won't even fight PAC . In the next decade or two Floyd will be remembered as the guy who avoided a super fight . It's a blight on boxing but the new guys will overlap Floyd's avoidance of a super fight.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Reminds me of sugar ray vs Donny Lelonde. Not. Floyd will retire and no one will blink an eye just like last time he retired. If Floyd fought Ggg at 154 then he deserves all accolades . He won't even fight PAC . In the next decade or two Floyd will be remembered as the guy who avoided a super fight . It's a blight on boxing but the new guys will overlap Floyd's avoidance of a super fight.
    I will also add he is holding the 154 title hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I'm afraid you are right Deep. For all Floyd's talent he will most be remembered for the fights that didn't happen. We should be looking at Floyd/Manny 3 by now. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I'm afraid you are right Deep. For all Floyd's talent he will most be remembered for the fights that didn't happen. We should be looking at Floyd/Manny 3 by now. It's a shame.
    Yep, he declined a rematch an career high payday with DLH

Cotto rematch would have been intriguing following that competitive and exciting fight.

And the fact he wont fight Pac yet remains with these paydays is a testament to the stupidity that fans have.

I had people over for the Pac-Cotto fight and they were all asking me about Floyd-Manny that night. I was telling them it has to be the next fight, everybody wants it, everybody come back in six months I'll host again. That was five years ago and still no Superfight.