English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,782

    WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    What a farce.

    Just a way for Floyd to get Chino to wear 10oz gloves this time.


    I just do not get how you can defend two different division titles on the same night.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,395

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    And to promote the fight, technically they can I think. As long as they fight at or below each division's weight limit

  3. #3
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,201

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    Both of you guys are right. It is 10oz and below the maximum weights of 147lbs and 154lbs. Holla!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    WBC is slipping. Senior would have let the others fight for either welter or super welter belt and award Floyd with pearls n' fairy dust sprinkled total welter control champ belt. But junior is young. Give him time to figure this one out..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,782

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    I feel this is a hot and important topic, wanted to BUMP it back up top before it was too far lost for everyone to see.


    What are everyone's thoughts?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I feel this is a hot and important topic, wanted to BUMP it back up top before it was too far lost for everyone to see.


    What are everyone's thoughts?
    Reminds me of sugar ray vs Donny Lelonde. Not. Floyd will retire and no one will blink an eye just like last time he retired. If Floyd fought Ggg at 154 then he deserves all accolades . He won't even fight PAC . In the next decade or two Floyd will be remembered as the guy who avoided a super fight . It's a blight on boxing but the new guys will overlap Floyd's avoidance of a super fight.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,782

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Reminds me of sugar ray vs Donny Lelonde. Not. Floyd will retire and no one will blink an eye just like last time he retired. If Floyd fought Ggg at 154 then he deserves all accolades . He won't even fight PAC . In the next decade or two Floyd will be remembered as the guy who avoided a super fight . It's a blight on boxing but the new guys will overlap Floyd's avoidance of a super fight.
    I will also add he is holding the 154 title hostage.

  8. #8
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Reminds me of sugar ray vs Donny Lelonde. Not. Floyd will retire and no one will blink an eye just like last time he retired. If Floyd fought Ggg at 154 then he deserves all accolades . He won't even fight PAC . In the next decade or two Floyd will be remembered as the guy who avoided a super fight . It's a blight on boxing but the new guys will overlap Floyd's avoidance of a super fight.
    I'm afraid you are right Deep. For all Floyd's talent he will most be remembered for the fights that didn't happen. We should be looking at Floyd/Manny 3 by now. It's a shame.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,782

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I'm afraid you are right Deep. For all Floyd's talent he will most be remembered for the fights that didn't happen. We should be looking at Floyd/Manny 3 by now. It's a shame.
    Yep, he declined a rematch an career high payday with DLH

    Cotto rematch would have been intriguing following that competitive and exciting fight.

    And the fact he wont fight Pac yet remains with these paydays is a testament to the stupidity that fans have.

  10. #10
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: WBC approves FMJ to defend both 147/154 titles vs Chino

    I had people over for the Pac-Cotto fight and they were all asking me about Floyd-Manny that night. I was telling them it has to be the next fight, everybody wants it, everybody come back in six months I'll host again. That was five years ago and still no Superfight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •