English Español
Advertisement

Thread: The Late, Great "Smokin'"Joe Frazier Could Smoke a Pug, But Singing?

Advanced Users

The Late, Great "Smokin'"Joe Frazier Could Smoke a Pug, But Singing?

Fighting GREAT! But singing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfFrcQKXEg. Holla!

Re: The Late, Great "Smokin'"Joe Frazier Could Smoke a Pug, But Singing?

Radam, you're doing great work as the resident TSS archeologist.

Back around 1979, Joe Frazier and the Knockouts played the lounge at Caesars Palace. This would have been in conjunction with one of Larry Holmes' fights.

I don't remember his singing being that bad. It was actually a good show that had people dancing in the aisles. Of course, Smokin' Joe was backed by a tight little band with some good horn players. Looking back, the band stole the spotlight from Joe's vocals. That was a good thing.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by ArneK. View Post
    Radam, you're doing great work as the resident TSS archeologist.

Back around 1979, Joe Frazier and the Knockouts played the lounge at Caesars Palace. This would have been in conjunction with one of Larry Holmes' fights.

I don't remember his singing being that bad. It was actually a good show that had people dancing in the aisles. Of course, Smokin' Joe was backed by a tight little band with some good horn players. Looking back, the band stole the spotlight from Joe's vocals. That was a good thing.
    I saw and heard him in the latter part of his live. I can't remember him, GOAT Ali, Larry Holmes, Ernie Terrell, the late Kenny Norton or Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones, Money May, Winky Wright or Antonio Tarver ever being able to carry a note. There song could acoustic a thousand wolves howl.

Now Big Money Oscar Dela Hoya and Da Manny can cut some tunes. Money May is so terrible with singing and rapping that I won't put his song in this Universe no way, no how! Hehehe! Holla!

Advanced Users

Now champion Larry Holmes should pay to be like Milli Vanilli because he is no Frank, James, Michael or Willie. Hehehe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2_-mqpw_Y. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 07-29-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Advanced Users

The young GOAT Ali floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee when he had to box. But when it came to cutting a tune, his voice was no fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CHjY8dVJyw. Holla!

I saw Joe Frazier and the KZnockouts in a lounge act on Long Island, circa mid-70's. While I think he all agree he was no Lou Rawls, Frank Sinatra or even comparable to any legendary crooner, he was Smokin' Joe Frazier. He gave you his best inside the ring and out. That's how he lived his life. After the show, he stood in the lobby and signed autographs and took photos with anybody who wanted one.

I remember hearing people, on my way out to the parking lot, saying that they got their money's worth at the show.

Damn, I really miss Smokin' Joe!

-Randy G.