English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GGG in seek and destroy mode

Re: GGG in seek and destroy mode

Thanks for the clip again Shadow.

What really is nice about it is how after being hit just as he fires his own shot, it doesn't lose much technique and he still gets the right force behind it and drops Geale.

Usually when you're got as you throw the mustard comes off your shot. The world saw last night that GGG has unnerving power. Can't wait to hear comments from everyone around the sport and the division regarding this.

Also Cotto should fight GGG just for a laugh. And you can be sure Canelo will keep starving himself to 154 because 160 is no mans land for him.

Imagine if GGG landed that punch without taking one first, Geale might still be laying down on the canvas 10 hours later.

Sanchez said it best, once every single opponent takes a solid shot from GGG they get a look on their face and change their gameplan to survive. Or what I would call not die.

Froch is a beast but he has been hurt by Taylor, Groves, Ward stung him a few times though nothing devastating.

GGG would just be too much especially with Froch's poor foot speed and agility, GGG would be able to glide in and out seamlessly. Great matchup and exciting fight for sure especially in Wembley.

Cotto wouldn't fight GGG even if he was allowed to be in a separate ring.

Canelo-yea right, I love ODLH but he probably changed Golden Boy's phone number last night.

GGG has three mega-fights to pick from, which doesn't mean that any of them will come off any time soon.

GGG-Cotto would fill Madison Square Garden and get solid PPV numbers.

GGG-Froch wouldn't do as well on the PPV front, but would be a greater spectacle. Froch-Groves drew 80,000 to Wembley with 60,000 tickets reportedly sold in the first hour after they went on sale. "Boxing has never been healthier," said a British correspondent.

GGG-Ward, in my mind, would be the most dangerous fight for GGG. The weight difference would weigh heavily with the oddsmakers who would make GGG the underdog, presuming the fight was held in the U.S. Golovkin would open the favorite against Cotto or Froch.

Well I am officially 100% sold on all the Golovkin hype and then some. Geale was in my opinion the 2nd best middleweight entering the fight last night behind Golovkin and was absolutely destroyed. Geale is a good world class fighter with some very good wins on his resume and only close split decision losses coming into this fight. It was not competitive, not for a minute. Golovkin walked through anything Geale threw and inflicted damage with everything he threw.

I will say it right now that I am moving Golovkin up to 2 in my pound for pound rankings behind Mayweather. In my mind, he is ahead of Pacquiao, Rogondeaux, Ward, etc. And speaking of Ward, that is the fight I want to see. Yes Froch and Cotto are intriguing and would be fun but both are a little past their primes. Ward is in his prime as is Golovkin. I'd favor Golovkin but it'd no doubt be a great fight.

Everything went pretty much as expected. Despite all the hype Geale had received for being a solid contender... He had already lost to Mundine and Barker and he also flatly refused the fight against GGG when initially asked more than 18 months ago. At least he tried to put up a token of resistance before he started leaping about from corner to corner like a frightened kangaroo. In contrast to his prefight bluster Geale raised the white flag five rounds earlier than Stevens did.

Makes me wonder if ANY qualified challengers will step up to take the challenge.

This is the age of Golovkin...I doubt Quillin Chavez or Cotto responds to his challenge any time soon. Soliman has slready refused and hasnt conveyed any interest in accepting the fight.

Its just a sport guys...(although an exuberant GGG said boxing wasn't a game) somebody worthy please take the challenge.

Nobody wants to get beat in the era of hyper media, news travels too far and wide too fast! One minute they could be the real deal and the next minute not worth their pair of socks!