English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 and 27 KO'sq

30 and 27 KO'sq

Another demolition job of someone who had never been stopped. What will Golovkin's naysayers say now?

Re: 30 and 27 KO'sq

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Another demolition job of someone who had never been stopped. What will Golovkin's naysayers say now?
    I don't think there are any, are there? Impressive performance. Did what he had to do and he did it well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I don't think there are any, are there? Impressive performance. Did what he had to do and he did it well.
    There are always naysayers, or in this case blind stubborn idiots.

GGG has the goods he is like the terminator. He just does not stop coming.

Too many think he's easy to pick off and push on the back foot. At the end of the day you have to push through his fire to land your own. And his fire is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Too many think he's easy to pick off and push on the back foot. At the end of the day you have to push through his fire to land your own. And his fire is hot!
    Yep Geale tried that, landed a solid right hand flush and GGG landed a right which stretched him.

That back foot would be ideal for fighting against Floyd who would try to land a single right hand lead, which one, would not land flush and two, would not be enough to outscore GGG

I would give Cotto a chance to win vs GGG. Cotto is short so his best bet would be to get inside and let the hands go. Nobody gave Cotto a chance against Sergio and he dominated the fight. The big money and much easier fight is Canelo. Should be next. Cotto wins and the GGG fight is that much bigger at a sold out MSG. GGG is only human like the rest of us. He's not invincible. Cotto has the balls to get in there and roll the dice.

Cotto beats up Canelo.

Then GGG beats Cotto to an absolute pulp

There are like four four threads of GGG worship. Can we keep/consolidate it to one? I'm confused trying to follow the comments and conversations in four different threads about the same topic.

There's no need for him to fight blown up welterweight in Cotto and Canelo. Let them play with each other. Even though Canelo is crazy enough to demand that guy.

If he's not going to the Big Dog Andre Ward right now, out Golovkin in there with Austin Trout, Dandy Landy or Boo Boo Andrade (they're 154, I know, but they are around similar sizes naturally plus there is really no one at 160 with that style).

I'd like to see how he deals with that style -- slick southpaws.

From there, graduate to Andre Dirrell. I want to see that fight. Or how about Arthur Abraham vs Golovkin? That's a good one.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I would give Cotto a chance to win vs GGG. Cotto is short so his best bet would be to get inside and let the hands go. Nobody gave Cotto a chance against Sergio and he dominated the fight. The big money and much easier fight is Canelo. Should be next. Cotto wins and the GGG fight is that much bigger at a sold out MSG. GGG is only human like the rest of us. He's not invincible. Cotto has the balls to get in there and roll the dice.
    Nobody gave M-Co a chance against Sergio Martinez? Are you sure? I posted from the jump that M-Co was going to knock Sergio da double out.

M-Co is not fighting 3g. For what? Ain't any moolah in it. And M-Co is not a middleweight. Holla!

There are like four four threads of GGG worship. Can we keep/consolidate it to one? I'm confused trying to follow the comments and conversations in four different threads about the same topic.

There's no need for him to fight blown up welterweight in Cotto and Canelo. Let them play with each other. Even though Canelo is crazy enough to demand that guy.

If he's not going to the Big Dog Andre Ward right now, out Golovkin in there with Austin Trout, Dandy Landy or Boo Boo Andrade (they're 154, I know, but they are around similar sizes naturally plus there is really no one at 160 with that style).

I'd like to see how he deals with that style -- slick southpaws.

From there, graduate to Andre Dirrell. I want to see that fight. Or how about Arthur Abraham vs Golovkin? That's a good one.
    The problem right now that I can see for Golovkin is the same problem he has been dealing with for a long time. And that is who will actually step up and be willing to get in the ring with him?

Cotto and Canelo have each other for much bigger money than they'd make facing Golovkin. Also, they would each see the other as a less likely threat than Golovkin. So in the near term neither are getting much with Golovkin.

Lara is with Haymon as is Quiilin. As is Trout I believe. So those fights seem very unlikely to happen at the moment. Would Andrade's team, coming off an impressive win, be willing to match their young champion in with Golovkin? I highly doubt it right now and see them angling for something else.

Dirrell is finally getting back in the ring here next week I believe. Before talking Golovkin, he needs to fight a few times and show what he has left. So maybe but not right away.

Froch does not seem interested. He could change his mind though. I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Who knows who is whispering and what is being whispered into Chavez Jr's ear right now. He may be a possibility but likely that he will pass again on the Golovkin fight.

I think there are a couple opponents realistically possible at the moment for Golovkin next. Those would be Soliman in a unification fight, James Kirkland, Matt Korobov and Arthur Abraham.

Soliman possible because he is 40 and may look to maximize his belt winning performance into a pretty nice payday with Golovkin.

I think HBO would love the Kirkland fight but two things with Kirkland. Who knows when he will fight again and Canelo was also looking at him next.

That could leave Korobov who just fought on HBO. Korobov though is in the mandatory position for Quillin so he may go that route.

And this may leave us with someone Shadow mentioned above and that is Arthur Abraham.

Golvokin is in a tough position. He is almost too good for his own good and thus not able to get the big attention grabbing fights that are needed to make him a true superstar and vault him into PPV events.