English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ref ripped off Irish mike

The ref ripped off Irish mike

He warned Perez all night for nonsense. Jennings got away with hitting on the break many times. Jennings complained all night to the ref. I had Perez winning by two rounds easy. Perez outclassed him but got a little lazy in the second half. Jennings will get the nod. Perez won the fight.

Advanced Users

Re: The ref ripped off Irish mike

Ditto, D2! If it ain't bad judges, it's an edgy referee. Holla!

All night for nonsense.. That point was the final nail in the coffin. Perez might not be there mentally either but the referee didn't help his cause.

This was worse than Canelo-Lara. Professor Lara? Nah. Mr. Perez.

Not a stellar performance by either fighter. I was expecting a much better fight. A lot of clutch and grab by Perez. The Quiet Man must be proud. Jennings looked not ready for prime time to say the least. He should have used his legs and stiff jab. Wlad could KO both of them on the same night.

I streamed it so it was not clear and I missed portions.
    I don't want to watch a replay, from what I saw, that was an ugly fight. Perez was getting the better of Jennings who didn't let his hands go until late in the fight. But they both looked subpar in their own ways.

Too much plaintains, black beans and rice for the chubby Cuban....Perez is out hustled by "Bryant I-aint-no-football-player-Jennings"....... Disgraceful performance.

It was pretty disappointing.

Jennings has no coordination and Perez is 25 lbs over weight.

Jennings entered the bout ranked #9 by The Ring, a notch below Deontay Wilder who was a notch below Chris Arreola -- the only Americans in the Top 10.

Can we demote Jennings even though he won the fight? Take away the point deduction and the bout is scored a draw.

If Wilder doesn't make a good showing against Bermane Stiverne, the dominance of non-American heavyweights figures to continue for at least a few more years.

P.S. -- I don't feel sorry for Perez. If he had been in better shape, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ArneK. View Post
    Jennings entered the bout ranked #9 by The Ring, a notch below Deontay Wilder who was a notch below Chris Arreola -- the only Americans in the Top 10.

Can we demote Jennings even though he won the fight? Take away the point deduction and the bout is scored a draw.

If Wilder doesn't make a good showing against Bermane Stiverne, the dominance of non-American heavyweights figures to continue for at least a few more years.

P.S. -- I don't feel sorry for Perez. If he had been in better shape, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    I agree. How can you win a bout while doing barely anything to do so and then look worse as an attraction and a fighter afterwards?

Perez is mentally ruined. He will never be the same. It is a shame