English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    In all fairness, GGG hasn't met the equivalent of a Donaire, since the middleweight division has been pretty void of special talents for a number of years. Not saying he wouldn't win - he most likely would - but it isn't like he's faced that famous murderers row. The irony is that GGG - possibly the most exciting middleweight for decades - very likely will wrap up his career without never having faced anyone that could give him his defining fight/s, just like every general needs a worthy opponent to really ensure their place in history - unless Ward is willing to dance.

    Speaking of Ward, I agree with D2.
    He hasn't but those he has faced who had some calibre to them he made look like nothing anyhow.

    Two fighters who I think are willing to square off against Gennady would be David Lemieux from Canada who has a record of 32(30) and 2 losses and Matt Korobov from Russia, 24(14), who beat the Venezuelan Jose Azcetegui for the WBO InterCont MW belt..

    Lemieux likes to come forward and meet you in the middle, or take you to the ropes and really wind up on shots to the body and head. It would make for a really fun fight to watch, and I guess it gives David some more exposure state side.. He's not a bad boxer to boot and although his record has a lot of padding on it I think he would like to take a crack at GGG and would fancy his own power.

    Korobov would get flattened in all honesty, but it's a fight and I think Korobov would go out on his feet, he's got good combinations and awareness but he's no match for Gennady quite frankly.

    I'm personally not too keen on seeing Solomon face GGG but at least his belt would be on the line and it would really start to force a decision from Cotto and Quillin.

    What are the chances of Cotto calling Quillin and forcing that fight? I fancy him catching Quillin who isn't too sound defensively in my opinion, and then there could be a big attractive MW unification fight.

    Canelo will be around in 2015 for Cotto to chase.

  2. #12
    Advanced Users the Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outskirts of Chicago
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    I agree with Grimm. GGG has no one on his resume like Donaire. Not really his fault but GGG needs a big fight soon. 168 has the big names. If Cotto won't fight him the only way GGG can get a big fight is to move up.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,754

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I agree with Grimm. GGG has no one on his resume like Donaire. Not really his fault but GGG needs a big fight soon. 168 has the big names. If Cotto won't fight him the only way GGG can get a big fight is to move up.
    Hey guys there might be a ray of hope. De la Hoya is on the computer saying GGG looks good but Quillen can beat him. Oscar has to put some pressure on Haymon/Quillen and get them a nice purse. Oscar make it happen!

    It can be a win-win. Quillen has never head lined a card. Well he can headline his first card in NY against GGG, get his highest payday to date and see where he belongs at the top or not. If he can last 12 and doesn't win he can still come back. If GGG wins he gets another big notch on his belt and another belt. This is the fight fans should be calling for.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Hey guys there might be a ray of hope. De la Hoya is on the computer saying GGG looks good but Quillen can beat him. Oscar has to put some pressure on Haymon/Quillen and get them a nice purse. Oscar make it happen!

    It can be a win-win. Quillen has never head lined a card. Well he can headline his first card in NY against GGG, get his highest payday to date and see where he belongs at the top or not. If he can last 12 and doesn't win he can still come back. If GGG wins he gets another big notch on his belt and another belt. This is the fight fans should be calling for.
    Quillin has a mandatory to deal with first with Korobov. And HBO and Haymon are not on working terms at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Golovkin-Quillin matchup. But despite what Oscar put out there on twitter, it does not appear to be realistic at the moment.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,754

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Quillin has a mandatory to deal with first with Korobov. And HBO and Haymon are not on working terms at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Golovkin-Quillin matchup. But despite what Oscar put out there on twitter, it does not appear to be realistic at the moment.
    Your right about the WBO making Quillin vs Korobov, they sent out the 30 day negotiation letter July 1st. Its only a few days away until they have to make a deal or it will have to go to purse bid.
    Will Quillin be happy with a low ball figure from a purse bid? The minimum purse bid is $200,000 which seems low for these two guys.

    I think Korobov put people to sleep during his last fight on HBO. If Oscar can pay some step aside money to Korobov and get Quillin a 7 figure payday is it possible? Can Oscar work with HBO? I think so. Can Oscar work with TSAH and come to an agreement? I hope so.
    I just want to see a good fight and this will be a great fight.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I don't like to say it but I think Ward has to be demoted out of the top 5 for lack of activity. It is nice to see GGG so high on the list already. He might be number one or number two after 2-3 more fights. GGG vs Floyd at 152! GGG vs Cotto/Quillen at 160! Hopkins/Ward/Chavez Jr vs GGG at 168!
    I agree, Ward if he was active would probably be number 1.


    Floyd has a belt at 154 , a fight at 152 again especially against a 160lber would be cowardice.


    Look what SRL did, five years of inactivity and he went up and faced Hagler.

    Floyd can't even fight another division champion at the division weight.

  7. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,960

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    So much to think about in the next PxP Ratings:

    Is $$$May still inpossession of the skills which once made him #1?

    Is very inactive Andre Ward--with no fight in sight--going to remain at #2?

    Will Manny Pacquiao move into the #2 slot if Ward drops?

    Will GGG advance because of the dominance his showed on Saturday night?

    Will Sergey Kovalev be able to crack the Top-10?

    If Kovalev does make it it, who will be leaving?

    Will Shawn Porter have a better showing?

    Will Mikey and Danny Garcia remain the same? Move up? Drop?

    You have until Aug. 10 at 11:59pm to get your ballots in. If you already know that Sergey Kovalev will not be on your list, even if he wins this weekend, send them in now. If you need to put all the info possible into the computer called your brain and you feel like waiting--then do so.

    It will be interesting to see how--and if--GGG's impressive win affects his standing, and how some inactivity affects others.

    -Randy G.

  8. #18
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,521

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    In all fairness, GGG hasn't met the equivalent of a Donaire, since the middleweight division has been pretty void of special talents for a number of years. Not saying he wouldn't win - he most likely would - but it isn't like he's faced that famous murderers row. The irony is that GGG - possibly the most exciting middleweight for decades - very likely will wrap up his career without never having faced anyone that could give him his defining fight/s, just like every general needs a worthy opponent to really ensure their place in history - unless Ward is willing to dance.

    Speaking of Ward, I agree with D2.
    Great, great post.

    Also, Ward was a monster, but didn't he retire like, two, three years ago? We'll see him again at the Hall of Fame inductions in two more years. Well deserving as well.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Great, great post.

    Also, Ward was a monster, but didn't he retire like, two, three years ago? We'll see him again at the Hall of Fame inductions in two more years. Well deserving as well.
    LMAO! That's classic!

    Did Roast hack your account????

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13

    Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

    Glad to see the Rigolution is alive and well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •