English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

Last month, you put in your ballots for boxing's best Pound-for-pound active fighters. The finished product read as such:

THE FIRST OFFICIAL TSS POUND-FOR-POUND RATINGS

1. Floyd Mayweather
    2. Andre Ward
    3. Manny Pacquiao
    4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    5. Gennady Golovkin
    6. Wladimir Klitschko
    7. Bernard Hopkins
    8. Juan Manuel Marquez
    9. Timothy Bradley
    10. Mikey Garcia

Others Receiving Votes: Sergey Kovalev, Vasyl Lomachenko, Carl Froch, Miguel Cotto, Danny Garcia, Erislandy Lara, Abner Mares, Nonito Donaire, Roman Gonzales, Demetrius Andrade, Terence Crawford, Takashi Uchiyama, Leo Santa Cruz, Keith Thurman, Saul Alvarez

After tonight's bout between GGG & Daniel Geale, there could be a major change, especially if GGG should lose. Then, on August 2, Sergey Kovalev is fighting in Atlantic City. A big victory by him may catapult him into the Top 10, while a loss may eliminate him from any votes.

You may start sending in your ratings after tonight's card, or you may want to hold off until after Kovalev's fight. All ballots are due on Sunday, August 10 (new date) at 11:59 p.m.

Have fun.

-Randy G.

Re: Will the Official TSS PxP Ratings Change After Tonight?

I think i'll save mine for Aug 10 Commissioner, but I think tonight will help push those sitting on the fence when it comes to GGG to come closer to teetering on the edge.

I don't think it'll be enough to validate his, and his fans', claims that he is the best 160lber in the world, but it will surely bring him that much closer. I think for those who are more casual in their following of the sport they will require Gennady to face and defeat a fighter with a considerable following. It can't be a Cotto, they will say he was too small, it can no longer be a Martinez for he is held together in too many places by war tape, the opponent must be someone who is young, strong and willing to dance with him.

I hope that the suits pick up on this fact and start getting together the resources to put together a fight with Golovkin and a big name, then we will be treated to another great fight, hopefully at the end of this year!

Also best of luck to Geale..

Geale is alright, but not at a level opponent-wise to support a seismic shake-up in the P4P rankings, irrespective of how dominant GGG performs (on the flip side, GGG could slip with a mediocre showing more than rise). But, GGG is the sh!t, and he'll be atop the list in the not too distant future.

GGG will be at the top of the list by May 2015 unanimously.

Maybe you guys mentioned this in another post during my absence but Shawn Porter is notoriously absent from anything above. I do not think he is P4P top 10 yet but if you have Thurman, Crawford, & Lomachenko on the honorable mention, I think Porter should get a nod there as well.

I will say for my own personal rankings I will be moving Golovkin up the board to number two. I will wait to compile my final rankings for this time frame until after the Kovalev fight though as depending on his performance could move up a little or down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Maybe you guys mentioned this in another post during my absence but Shawn Porter is notoriously absent from anything above. I do not think he is P4P top 10 yet but if you have Thurman, Crawford, & Lomachenko on the honorable mention, I think Porter should get a nod there as well.
    I do believe Shawn Porter will soon be included, not just in honorable mention, but in the Top 10.

-Randy G.

GGG should be above Rigo.

Sure Rigo is a phenom skill and talent wise but what has he done besides beat Donaire?
    And in that win he got floored.

GGG has not lost a round in how long?

I don't like to say it but I think Ward has to be demoted out of the top 5 for lack of activity. It is nice to see GGG so high on the list already. He might be number one or number two after 2-3 more fights. GGG vs Floyd at 152! GGG vs Cotto/Quillen at 160! Hopkins/Ward/Chavez Jr vs GGG at 168!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    GGG should be above Rigo.

Sure Rigo is a phenom skill and talent wise but what has he done besides beat Donaire?
    And in that win he got floored.

GGG has not lost a round in how long?
    In all fairness, GGG hasn't met the equivalent of a Donaire, since the middleweight division has been pretty void of special talents for a number of years. Not saying he wouldn't win - he most likely would - but it isn't like he's faced that famous murderers row. The irony is that GGG - possibly the most exciting middleweight for decades - very likely will wrap up his career without never having faced anyone that could give him his defining fight/s, just like every general needs a worthy opponent to really ensure their place in history - unless Ward is willing to dance.

Speaking of Ward, I agree with D2.