English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mayhem: The Undercard

Re: Mayhem: The Undercard

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Interesting as we are discussing the PPV's I just saw the announcement that the Mayweather PPV will start at 8:00 eastern time instead of the customary 9:00. That's one of the changes many of us have been advocating and it appears our voices have been heard. Its a good move in my opinion as the hour will help those of us on the east coast a lot and should not have much an impact on the west coast.
    Yes! they've been too late. And no, whether it's 8 or 9 pm doesn't matter. It's better for the Euro watchers too, it was hard to stay up till 6 am.

I agree with the 8pm starting time....

It is hard to get excited for a fight at 1235am especially if coming off a boring Love fight!

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I agree with the 8pm starting time....

It is hard to get excited for a fight at 1235am especially if coming off a boring Love fight!
    Good news (for some of you, anyway)! No J'Leon Love on the undercard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Good news (for some of you, anyway)! No J'Leon Love on the undercard.
    The Love-Periban fight on the undercard of the first Mayweather-Maidana fight was a very good fight. It will probably be of top fights of the year. I wouldn't have minded seeing a rematch actually. At least it would have been a better option than Bey-Vazquez. Floyd must be wanting to get some of his other fighters exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    The Love-Periban fight on the undercard of the first Mayweather-Maidana fight was a very good fight. It will probably be of top fights of the year. I wouldn't have minded seeing a rematch actually. At least it would have been a better option than Bey-Vazquez. Floyd must be wanting to get some of his other fighters exposure.

You hit it on the head. He has mentioned that the wants to get some of his fighters on the tube more. In addition, he is a little concerned that the stable of fighters he has is not as good as he once thought they were. With that mindset, he has come around to the idea that one of the ways you get better is just to fight.