English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dereck Chisora Breaks Hand...Tyson Fury Fight is OFF!

Dereck Chisora Breaks Hand...Tyson Fury Fight is OFF!

Bad news for everyone who was anxiously awaiting the rematch between Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora. In what was apparently his final sparring session leading up to this Saturday's showdown at the Phones 4 U Arena in Manchester, Chisora broke a hand, forcing the postponement of his match against Fury.

The show will still go on as planned, with Billy Joe Saunders facing Emanuele Blandamura for the vacant European Middleweight Title, as well as a host of other local talent. But with the loss of Fury-Chisora, the card has lost its international appeal.

The fight will be re-scheduled, depending on the severity of Chisora's fracture and the speed at which he recovers. Don't expect to see the fight happen in 2014, however.

Looks like Wladimir Klitschko's defense of his IBF/WBA/WBO belts against Kubrat Puleve on September 6 is the next big heavyweight fight we have to look forward to after this weekend's Bryant Jennings-Mike Perez fight.

(Sigh!)

-Randy G.

Re: Dereck Chisora Breaks Hand...Tyson Fury Fight is OFF!

Bad news. I was looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Bad news for everyone who was anxiously awaiting the rematch between Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora. In what was apparently his final sparring session leading up to this Saturday's showdown at the Phones 4 U Arena in Manchester, Chisora broke a hand, forcing the postponement of his match against Fury.

The show will still go on as planned, with Billy Joe Saunders facing Emanuele Blandamura for the vacant European Middleweight Title, as well as a host of other local talent. But with the loss of Fury-Chisora, the card has lost its international appeal.

The fight will be re-scheduled, depending on the severity of Chisora's fracture and the speed at which he recovers. Don't expect to see the fight happen in 2014, however.

Looks like Wladimir Klitschko's defense of his IBF/WBA/WBO belts against Kubrat Puleve on September 6 is the next big heavyweight fight we have to look forward to after this weekend's Bryant Jennings-Mike Perez fight.

(Sigh!)

-Randy G.
    Poor Tyson.

Advanced Users

I suspected that DC would weasel out with a broken paw or cut eye. Holla!

I am not a fan of Tyson Fury's but actually do kind of feel for him on this. This is now the third time in less than a year a big fight has been postponed on him and the 2nd time it happened with about a week prior to the fight.

If I were Fury, I would move on from Chisora and try to get something else scheduled here soon. Anyway, he already beat Chisora once a few years ago. Tony Thompson called Fury out and a Shannon Briggs fight would garner a lot of attention. There is also Antonio Tarver who is still seeking a big heavyweight fight as well (though Tarver may be holding out hopes for Haye).

The bad news for us fight fans in the US is that AWE pulled their broadcast of the card with the Fury-Chisora fight off. I love the sport and would have loved to have been able to see the other fights on the card.

It's too bad. This could have been a fun fight!

-Randy G.

Fear not fight fans....Tony "The Tiger" Thompson has vowed to step in and continue his prospect spoiling ways by filling in for Chisora and saving the show.

The announcement came early today so Fury might not have had time to respond.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Bad news. I was looking forward to that one.
    I was as well.

Give us an X Ray Delboy. Either you broke it or Fury put the frighteners on you. Which one will it prove to be?

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Give us an X Ray Delboy. Either you broke it or Fury put the frighteners on you. Which one will it prove to be?
    Tyson "Fists of" Fury put some serious fright in Delboy. Hehehe! He can't handle the truth.

Tyson said that he was going to make Delboy his "bytch and a sleeping ugly." OMG! That scared da hebejeebeez outta Delboy. WTF is a "sleeping ugly?" Hehe! Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 07-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.