English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPOILER-----Rigo fight

Advanced Users

Re: SPOILER-----Rigo fight

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I can't be 100% sure from the video I saw and maybe the ref did say something to Rigo's opponent but it doesn't appear as if he was allowed sufficient time from that head butt. Again though I cannot tell for sure from the video and maybe there was something said that made the ref waive the fighters back together.

First of all, completely legal punch. Remember, protect yourself at all times.

Was it a sucker punch though? Absolutely.

Here is what bugs me...Rigo could have knocked this guy out easily without doing that. He could have looked sensational and got some buzz going. I don't know why he did that, it was completely unneccessary.

Ameyseng, I agree with you that fighters should not touch gloves in the ring. There is no need for that while the fight is taking place. There will be plenty of time after the contest to be friends.
    It is just a traditional thing to touch after a foul. No need in getting rid of a tradition because distracted pugs don't follow the ref's second order of protecting yourself at all times. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I thought this fight was tonight. G dammit!

LOL, I did too Roast!!! I was watching the Z. Shiming broadcast, I thought they were showing it there, Rigo fought 1st and I missed it

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by King Beef View Post
    LOL, I did too Roast!!! I was watching the Z. Shiming broadcast, I thought they were showing it there, Rigo fought 1st and I missed it
    You can see Rigo on a Mexican boxing channel. Holla at "Solo Boxing." Cuban Willie was dissed from HBO2. Holla!

Thanks RG and good luck on the tables, get some of that $$$$$ floating around over there

Advanced Users

Here goes the ight -- I mean fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql0aOKQcpuk. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    I thought this fight was tonight. G dammit!
    Dont feel bad Roast..

By the time i awoke the only portion left of the sports show was an expose' about low paid cheer leaders and corrupt soccer players being bribed by the wealthy chinese gambling industry. The replay is not until 7 pm tomorrow.

In the meatime the boring replay of the Canelo vs Lara reply is being televised like a weak consolation prize.

@Amayseng... I didnt see it but it sounds like a case of "Protect yourself at all times".
    I will comment more after i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Dont feel bad Roast..

By the time i awoke the only portion left of the sports show was an expose' about low paid cheer leaders and corrupt soccer players being bribed by the wealthy chinese gambling industry. The replay is not until 7 pm tomorrow.

In the meatime the boring replay of the Canelo vs Lara reply is being televised like a weak consolation prize.

@Amayseng... I didnt see it but it sounds like a case of "Protect yourself at all times".
    I will comment more after i see it.
    haha I saw that hbo broadcast last week about the cheerleaders and soccer players.

yes I think what is most disturbing is that the ref forced the fighter back into action without giving him sufficient time or even an answer that he was ready.

I have yet to see the Canelo Lara fight due to everyones disappointment of it.

Im gonna try to hit the treadmill tom and watch it then.

I have always believed in that addage, "Protect yourself at all times." This is professional boxing. With his vast array of skillls, I am sure Rigo could have done away with the sneak-attack, but, there is no rule against what he did. He tricked his opponent into thinking he was sorry for the accidental head butt, suckered him into a lull, and then...BOOM!

Live with it!

-Randy G.

Well, I have finally seen the fight, I have to agree with the peeps who have said protect yourself at all times. Dude came strolling back toward Rigo a little too casual. And paid the price.

Guillermo Rigondeaux Ortiz is a boxing treasure, a boxing deity.

He's the physical embodiment of the sweet science in its purest form.

He reminds me of Zinedine Zidane playing soccer -- graceful, superior and without peer.

The last thing you are told before being released into the chamber of truth known as the squared circle is what? PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!

Okay, Surfer Boy Vicky Ortiz, that's one thing. Inexperience, shock, fluster, f'd up. A 37-year-old Thai martial artist?! With like 973 fights?!

You deserve to get flatlined!

In this case, I'll give him a pass though, if he was in fact groggy from the head clash and thus resulting in this mental blunder. In which case the ref is to blame.

As for Rigondeaux? The KO is just a testament to his incredibly quick processing ability inside the ring.

He's a predator on the strike. If you go touch paws with a predator you better damn well be cognizant of a strike coming your way.

Besides, no one knew he -- or Vicky Ortiz, for that matter -- weren't gonna rise again.

Bah, humbug!

LeFloyd did the same thing vs Shame Mosley. He just so happens to have a beard.

After that he wasn't touching gloves no more.

You're paying for a fight. Not a stinking sexathon like we saw when Manny Pacquiao touched each other so much you would've thought you were watching after-hours erotic thrillers on HBO instead of championship boxing on Showtime.

Every time Shame would ectend his hand like a pussah, I kept wishing the Pacman would launch that straight left to Mosley's palm or forearm to put a halt to the excessive love taps.

Mr. Rigondeaux. I salute you. Keep sniping fools who don't know what they're messing with.

Viva La #Rigolution!
    Last edited by The Shadow; 07-20-2014 at 01:59 AM.