English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILER-----Rigo fight

SPOILER-----Rigo fight

Another HUGE mistake by a ref during the Rigo bout as his opponent went down HARD from an accidental head butt, the ref forced the fighter back into action, not asking him if he was ready to continue but instead telling him, and as he staggered into the center of the ring he and Rigo both tapped gloves as a sign of respect, however Rigo was touching gloves as a SNAKE to set up a sneaky 1-2 and put his opponent away in not only controversial but despicable fashion.

Re: SPOILER-----Rigo fight

Thoughts from the trusted TSS forum?

Advanced Users

I'm still in Macau getting on my gamble. The slot machines are on the fix. Anyway, you always have to be ready to mix. And protect yourself at all times. A snake is always present.

Cuban Willie Rigo did da do. Now the haters are going to call him a dirty fighter. Holla!

Radam said it, he saw the lapse and was in like a cobra. Nice finish for his highlight reel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I'm still in Macau getting on my gamble. The slot machines are on the fix. Anyway, you always have to be ready to mix. And protect yourself at all times. A snake is always present.

Cuban Willie Rigo did da do. Now the haters are going to call him a dirty fighter. Holla!
    Completely understand but damn that glove tap was followed by such a sneaky set up it made Floyds and Ortiz's deal look like complete sportsmanship

In fact NEW rule

NO more touching gloves at any time during the bout.

Only before and after.

This nonsense causes controversy to say the least and can take a life opportunity away from a very deserving fighter whom may never receive one again.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    Completely understand but damn that glove tap was followed by such a sneaky set up it made Floyds and Ortiz's deal look like complete sportsmanship
    That is how the smack down goes. You play slow, you will be knocked da double fudge out before you know. Holla!

Advanced Users

[QUOTE=amayseng;58656]In fact NEW rule

NO more touching gloves at any time during the bout.

Only before and after.

This nonsense causes controversy to say the least and can take a life opportunity away from a very deserving fighter whom may never receive one again.[/QUOTE

The instruction of the referee is to protect yourself at all times. Great TOP-of-the-food-chain pugs are always on alert. If you snooze, you lose. What is coming, you never know, so you are always ready to throw. Holla!

I thought this fight was tonight. G dammit!

I can't be 100% sure from the video I saw and maybe the ref did say something to Rigo's opponent but it doesn't appear as if he was allowed sufficient time from that head butt. Again though I cannot tell for sure from the video and maybe there was something said that made the ref waive the fighters back together.

First of all, completely legal punch. Remember, protect yourself at all times.

Was it a sucker punch though? Absolutely.

Here is what bugs me...Rigo could have knocked this guy out easily without doing that. He could have looked sensational and got some buzz going. I don't know why he did that, it was completely unneccessary.

Ameyseng, I agree with you that fighters should not touch gloves in the ring. There is no need for that while the fight is taking place. There will be plenty of time after the contest to be friends.