English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil Floyd and the Everlast MX Gloves

Lil Floyd and the Everlast MX Gloves

Lil Floyd is at it again. He is calling Maidana a cheat and comparing MM to known cheats Resto and Margarito. Floyd will not let Maidana wear his favorite glove the Everlast MX model because Floyd is lying and says that they have no padding. The Everlast MX gloves were approved by the NSAC and many boxers wear them in professional fights all over the world. Why is the best P4P fighter acting in this way?

Re: Lil Floyd and the Everlast MX Gloves

Mind games and tactical advantage. This could give Maidana some extra confidence because it shows that $$May cares. I would like to see Maidana wear his gloves of preference but it's probably not going to happen.

Imagine $$May vs MM in a fist fight? Usually I think the same guy wins but Maidana would be favored 3-1 in that hypothetical squabble.

Advanced Users

He is acting this way because of his needs to control. Plus, he has a lot of fright. He doesn't wanna take a chance of Chino winning the fight.

Blame the Sin City shady, sneaky, sleazy, seedy powers that be for letting Money May have his way. He is the state of Nevada golden eggs-laying chicken. And they are going to let him lay the eggs and have his say. Because it is always about the pay. Holla!

In a fist fight i'd go with Floyd. Without gloves those hands will be too fast and too accurate for anyone. It would last less than 5 seconds. 3 punches to the head, 1 to the liver and 1 to the kidney. Good luck Chino. Floyd used to be one of the most attractive offensive fighters a few years ago.

But comparing the MX gloves to what Luis and Antonio used is pretty odd, as D2 says they were approved and many boxers wear them all over the world. What a weird statement aimed at the uneducated boxing fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    In a fist fight i'd go with Floyd. Without gloves those hands will be too fast and too accurate for anyone. It would last less than 5 seconds. 3 punches to the head, 1 to the liver and 1 to the kidney. Good luck Chino. Floyd used to be one of the most attractive offensive fighters a few years ago.

But comparing the MX gloves to what Luis and Antonio used is pretty odd, as D2 says they were approved and many boxers wear them all over the world. What a weird statement aimed at the uneducated boxing fan.
    Haha really? I see his hands not holding up for more than 5 seconds! Fist fights are crazy on your hands and Floyd has always had hand issues. Maidana would go down from a flash knockdown and bite Floyds big toe off!

Floyd comparing the glove situation to Margaritos is weak! He is painting an wishy-washy picture with those comments

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Haha really? I see his hands not holding up for more than 5 seconds! Fist fights are crazy on your hands and Floyd has always had hand issues. Maidana would go down from a flash knockdown and bite Floyds big toe off!

Floyd comparing the glove situation to Margaritos is weak! He is painting an wishy-washy picture with those comments
    Yeah he's got brittle hands but he knows how to use them, so fast and so accurate will do it. If he hit's the hip bone that could break those brittle bones but I'm sure he won't miss! I could see it, Maidana is game even when on the floor. I'll never forget that moment when Khan hit him with a show stopper to the liver and he got up with a serious grimace on his face and put his gloves up ready to fight. True grit and heart from the Argentine.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post

Money May would need to double up on his xylocaine for a gloveness scrap. And it is weak as his fragile paws to holla about Margarito.

There was never any proof that he fought with tainted gloves or wraps. Don't forget that the trainer (Genie) Naazim did some "Merlin the Magician" jive and had "The Tijuana Tornado" hands rewrapped three or four times. Holla!

I wouldn't.. A fist fight would not go like Floyds usual boxing matches.

He could throw lightening shots all he wants Chino would just cover up and get inside and maul him with hard thudding shots. Floyd is now a finesse fighter, he wouldnt hold up in a street fight.

When you are vulnerable to go down with a bigger guy on top of you it takes a lot out of your natural offensive and defensive arsenal.

Yeah he's got brittle hands but he knows how to use them, so fast and so accurate will do it. If he hit's the hip bone that could break those brittle bones but I'm sure he won't miss! I could see it, Maidana is game even when on the floor. I'll never forget that moment when Khan hit him with a show stopper to the liver and he got up with a serious grimace on his face and put his gloves up ready to fight. True grit and heart from the Argentine.
    Epic comment.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I wouldn't.. A fist fight would not go like Floyds usual boxing matches.

He could throw lightening shots all he wants Chino would just cover up and get inside and maul him with hard thudding shots. Floyd is now a finesse fighter, he wouldnt hold up in a street fight.

When you are vulnerable to go down with a bigger guy on top of you it takes a lot out of your natural offensive and defensive arsenal.
    Without any gloves on his hands the shots would be like bullets. Even in a street fight I wouldn't expect to see him brawl, any fight can be over with one well placed punch.

Also if he's got hand issues he should steep his hands in petrol, a bare knuckle trick to turn your clobbers into rocks.