English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was right aboult Wilder vs Stiverne

I was right aboult Wilder vs Stiverne

Hand injury to delay showdown between Stiverne and Wilder. I saw this happening on the first mention of this fight. No injury at all. A delay tactic for The Don King to hold on to a piece of the heavyweight championship for as long as possible. Again no real injury even if he shows up with a cast.

Re: I was right aboult Wilder vs Stiverne

I think the fight is going to happen. Don King just doesn't have the pull he once did in this sport. The WBC can be all over the place with their rules, I understand. But I also think Al Haymon will put some pressure on and his influence matters much more than King's. There will be no optional defenses allowed and Stiverne's only option, unless he vacates, will be to fight Wilder.

I know this looks suspicious but I will state I think the injury is legit. I also think Stiverne and his manager want the Wilder fight. They believe that Wilder has been fed a lot of softies and think he is ripe for the taking. They also think this would be a nice feather in Stiverne's cap and raise his price significantly for a potential Klitschko match down the line. I fully expect to see Stiverne-Wilder happen later this year.

I do think Stiverne and his team think they can win but I see The Don King behind it. Don sees Wilder as a risk so he will do anything to make him less of a risk.

Is Wilder going to take a stay busy fight? That has some risk for Wilder. What if he gets hurt or doesn't win the fight? It is possible

Is Wilder going to stay in the gym until Nov or Longer? He might get stale or over-trained.

Will Stiverne have some extra time to get into shape? Yes

Will the injury take longer to heal then expected? Possible

Vitali K. sat out for a year or so when he was injured , so I see B. Stiverne milking this injury until 2015 and who knows what can happen between now and then. DKP has a heavyweight champion. He is going to make it as hard as he possibly can to hold onto that championship.It is his last chance.

You were right about the hand Deep.... But I don't think its a stalling tactic... And I'd bet Stiverne is in far better fighting shape right now than Wilder is.

Stiverne has fantastic athletic ability for a guy who looks so chubby. Stiverne is capable of doing all kinds of jymnastic stuff that would seem impossible for a guy with his body type.

I think its Don King and Wilder who are in need of more time.
    More time to face reality.

This fight is going down unless the Don allows Stiverne to be stripped.
    It goes down Sometime before Xmas I'd wager.
    Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I think the fight is going to happen. Don King just doesn't have the pull he once did in this sport. The WBC can be all over the place with their rules, I understand. But I also think Al Haymon will put some pressure on and his influence matters much more than King's. There will be no optional defenses allowed and Stiverne's only option, unless he vacates, will be to fight Wilder.

I know this looks suspicious but I will state I think the injury is legit. I also think Stiverne and his manager want the Wilder fight. They believe that Wilder has been fed a lot of softies and think he is ripe for the taking. They also think this would be a nice feather in Stiverne's cap and raise his price significantly for a potential Klitschko match down the line. I fully expect to see Stiverne-Wilder happen later this year.
    Do you think the injury is legit because their options are fight Wilder or have to vacate? Maybe King is trying to milk it to the last drop and hope TIME will bring a scenario, any scenario, where he can have an easier title defense. But if not Wilder, who? I cant put it past King to put Stiverne in there with a cab driver, but who will televise that? A WBC Heavyweight title fight and it might not even be TV worthy? All speculation for now......

Niether showtime or hbo will accept any substitutes.... You cant dangle a carrot like Wilder vs Stiverne then pull a bait and switch like Stiverne vs Some Bum. If Stiverne doesnt take this fight his career will suffer a set back that would be impossible to recover from at his age..... beginning with being stripped of the title........the show must go on...i know you didnt ask me but thats my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Do you think the injury is legit because their options are fight Wilder or have to vacate? Maybe King is trying to milk it to the last drop and hope TIME will bring a scenario, any scenario, where he can have an easier title defense. But if not Wilder, who? I cant put it past King to put Stiverne in there with a cab driver, but who will televise that? A WBC Heavyweight title fight and it might not even be TV worthy? All speculation for now......
    I tend to give fighters the benefit of the doubt on injuries unless presented with hard evidence to the contrary. I do believe the injury here is legit.

If King tried to pull of an easier defense for Stiverne, I think you are right and that it would be tough to secure a US tv date. Some may say ESPN but they bought Klitschko-Leapai and would probably be weary of buying another heavyweight title fight that has mismatch written all over it

When the smoke and speculation clear, I do think you will see Stiverne and Wilder in the ring with each other later this year.

Also do not forget that Wlad K. really wants that green belt to add to his collection. Will team WK give Wilder a few million reasons to step aside? The WBC will allow that to happen. A lot of chess pieces are being moved around behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Also do not forget that Wlad K. really wants that green belt to add to his collection. Will team WK give Wilder a few million reasons to step aside? The WBC will allow that to happen. A lot of chess pieces are being moved around behind the scenes.
    You do make a good point there and that could be possible. Wlad does see to want that belt. He could wait for the whole Wilder-Stiverne situation to sort itself out though too and target the winner. The ball would really be Wlad's court. If he wants the fight ASAP, he has the resources to get what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Niether showtime or hbo will accept any substitutes.... You cant dangle a carrot like Wilder vs Stiverne then pull a bait and switch like Stiverne vs Some Bum. If Stiverne doesnt take this fight his career will suffer a set back that would be impossible to recover from at his age..... beginning with being stripped of the title........the show must go on...i know you didnt ask me but thats my humble opinion.
    100% agree. Corn flakes don't taste as good once you've seen or had frosted flakes. Wilder vs Stiverne is too tempting for networks. And My posts are for all to respond to Bsuge! I like the bait and switch comment tho. Lol