English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few Last Thoughts On Canelo's Win.

Re: A Few Last Thoughts On Canelo's Win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yeah, you're right. One guy moves but he makes you pay.

I don't think it was the Angulo fight in the back of his mind because he fought the exact same way. It's just so hardwired into his boxing makeup to flee.

(He did the same thing over and over and Canelo fought smart. The fight was right there for him. It was right there for both!

For Canelo, whenever Lara would exit to his right - which is all Lara does when he goes to the ropes - Canelo would hit him with a left to the body and a straight right up top on Lara's way out. It was there for Canelo all night. Left to the body, straight right up top.

For Lara, had he just countered him, he would've won rounds convincingly.)

It wasn't head movement that caused Canelo to miss, Lara would usually make him miss by sidestepping. And he seemed content to embarrass him that way, which is kinda what the Cubans do.

Kinda like how street ballets will cross you over and "break your ankles" but that doesn't put points on the board.

Canelo would charge forward with a Tyson-esque overhand right, Lara would not slip it but sidestep while Canelo would be completely off balance.

In slow motion, Lara could have just stopped and punished him. Bn this mind was so preoccupied with defense and moving that before Canelo could compose himself and reset, Lara would be halfway, if not all the way, across the ring as if to say "look at this fool, he's not in my league."

Canelo only landed like 24 head shots but those body shots were hard and he did bust Lara open with an awesome lead left uppercut.

That was actually a close round I thought Lara did better in but with him landing a power punch that opened a cut, I gave that round to Canelo.

Lara still seems to think that all scoring blows are the same, like in the amateurs.
    Yep, of course it’s easy for me to sit behind the keyboard and criticize, but yes had Canelo found range with less committed and perhaps probing punches he would have saved balance and power for the left hook to the head that Lara was so open for each time he exited left.

Unfortunately Canelo never got that in and/or dropped Lara.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    If he would have thrown more punches, he would have gotten KTFO! Canelo's game halted him from throwing more punches urge him to move like Usain Bolt. Holla!
    Stop defending fellow southpaws . . . And stirring the pot.

Canelo was a little too tight to time this lefty on the move, but it can be done . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBJoQp7aH4

Check the 7 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    If he would have thrown more punches, he would have gotten KTFO! Canelo's game halted him from throwing more punches urge him to move like Usain Bolt. Holla!
    Whoops your comments are pro-Canelo.

Sorry . . I misread it the other way.

Hey, we're on the same side.

Peace.