English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HERE THEY ARE: TSS' OFFICIAL PxP RATINGS

HERE THEY ARE: TSS' OFFICIAL PxP RATINGS

THE FIRST OFFICIAL TSS POUND-FOR-POUND RATINGS

Well, here they are. The following ratings are OUR new pound-for-pound ratings for active fighters, compiled from a collection of your votes. There really were no surprises. Floyd Mayweather received the most first-place votes and the most total points. Gennady Golovkin, who finished in fifth place, was the only fighter who received at least one vote for each of the 10 slots available. Golovkin also received more first place votes than the second-place finisher, Andre Ward (who garnered the most second-place votes of any fighter on the list.) I'd like to post our second PxP list in five weeks, on Monday, August 18. I will remind all of you about two weeks before to start sending in your list. I will include upcoming and recent action of any of the men on our new ratings.

And now, love 'em or not, here they are, compiled from YOUR votes, TSS' Active Fighter Pound-for-Pound Ratings:

1. Floyd Mayweather
    2. Andre Ward
    3. Manny Pacquiao
    4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    5. Gennady Golovkin
    6. Wladimir Klitschko
    7. Bernard Hopkins
    8. Juan Manuel Marquez
    9. Timothy Bradley
    10. Mikey Garcia

Others Receiving Votes: Sergey Kovalev, Vasyl Lomachenko, Carl Froch, Miguel Cotto, Danny Garcia, Erislandy Lara, Abner Mares, Nonito Donaire, Roman Gonzales, Demetrius Andrade, Terence Crawford, Takashi Uchiyama, Leo Santa Cruz, Keith Thurman, Saul Alvarez

I will be talking about these ratings on my SiriusXM show today (Monday, July 14), between 6-8pm (ET). Two of my guests will be Showtime's Steve Farhood & outstanding writer/author, Springs Toledo.

Thanks for doing this with me. You guys are the BEST!

-Randy G.

Re: HERE THEY ARE: TSS' OFFICIAL PxP RATINGS

Great List. Really appreciate it, Commish!

I need to watch more GGG fights! I know he's the real deal but Idk what it is that makes me feel like he can struggle real bad with certain match-ups. Maybe Idk what I'm watching but I will do some studying and really look into his fights.

Canelo Alvarez can learn a lot from GGG about cutting the ring off on an opponent. Watch GGG. I think you'll love what you see.

-Randy G.

Well done Commish.

I can not remember the last time GGG even lost a round. That is how dominate he has been.

Also, I wanted to put JMM on my top ten list but just could not as I am convinced he is a PED user.

Dominance--not losing rounds--is much of what the mythical, fictional PxP List is all about, amayseng. You're so right about GGG. How about Wladimir Klitschko? When was the last time he even lost a round?

JMM & PEDs? Hmm.

-Randy G.

Thanks Commish for putting this together. There was a lot of input from a lot of very knowledgeable boxing people. As far as pound for pound lists out there, to me with all the input that went into it is the most complete and researched list available.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Thanks Commish for putting this together. There was a lot of input from a lot of very knowledgeable boxing people. As far as pound for pound lists out there, to me with all the input that went into it is the most complete and researched list available.
    I believe that, oubobcat. A lot of thought from so many of you went into the list. It will be interesting to see the subtle changes from month to month.

When doing the next one, this one can always be used as a reference.

Who will rise? Who will drop? Who will be added? Who will be eliminated?

On Monday, August 18, our next set comes out. Keep watching the list!

-Randy G.

Surprised that Da Manny is ahead of Rigo. If they were both the same size and fought a 12 rounder, Pac would not win a round and probably get stopped late.

Good job. I would trade Garcia for Froch in that 10 slot but it's a solid list. All time p4p list soon?

Administrator

I don't have an ounce of problem with this list. All the usual suspects are here. Had some of the guys who missed the cut received inclusion it would have been fine as well.