English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Mayweather Sr. says Canelo-Lara was a bad fight

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Mayweather Sr. says Canelo-Lara was a bad fight

Re: Mayweather Sr. says Canelo-Lara was a bad fight

Lara stunk the joint out bad. The cocky Cuban thought he won because those knocks Angulo gave him has him believing he's still fighting in the amateurs! He needs a brain scan to make sure his brain box is all okay.

I didn't think it was a bad fight by any means. It was tactical but competitive. Not every fight has to have sustained action for it to be entertaining. This was about who could impose their particular skill sets on the other and was very intriguing.

Now with that said, do I want to see a rematch? No and that's because if they fought 100 times I don't think we'd see anything different than what we saw in those 12 rounds. A rematch would look no different and we would see exactly the same fight with the same debate as to who won and who lost afterward. Both fighters need to go a different direction in their respective careers.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I didn't think it was a bad fight by any means. It was tactical but competitive. Not every fight has to have sustained action for it to be entertaining. This was about who could impose their particular skill sets on the other and was very intriguing.

Now with that said, do I want to see a rematch? No and that's because if they fought 100 times I don't think we'd see anything different than what we saw in those 12 rounds. A rematch would look no different and we would see exactly the same fight with the same debate as to who won and who lost afterward. Both fighters need to go a different direction in their respective careers.
    If bootlegged Pops Joy May-taught shoulder rolling is not in the fight, it is a stinker and a sinker, let PJM tell you.

The bout went as expected, though. The red-headed hype cannot fight and Lara didn't wanna fight. And didn't have to. Canelo is HYPE! He is a boxing broken red light. WTF! When is this light gonna turn green? NEVER!

"RUN da muthapucka!" Hehehe! That is what Tio Mamoy said.

For a gimmick, people love to dream. And believe the weakest is supreme.

It must be the gimmick of Canelo's red hair that is keeping him hot. Because fighting, he can NOT. And that is no knock! When it comes to skills, he needs a whooooooooooooole lotta mor' time on da darn CLOCK!

He ain't gettin' bettah! OMFG! Put his arse in boxing dry dock. His con job of boxing, somebodee and dey sidepiece outta be tired of seeing him hock.

Dude is getting PAID! The only tickets for him, should be for him to see the judge for those tickets put onto his car by a meter maid. Holla!

The styles were incompatible- Lara was not going to stand still and slug- he doesn't have the chin or power to do that with Canelo, and Canelo evidently doesn't have the skills to close off the ring, or otherwise force Lara to stop. As Oubob said, it was about who could make it their style of fight. For 12 rounds though, neither really managed to impose their style on the other for long- both had their spells, and I thought Lara edged it with a few more good spells.

The fight wasn't as violent as Canelo's and casual fans might have liked, because Lara is too skilled to allow that to happen. I'd imagine Canelo's people will be taking the safe options from now though, and put him in with people who cannot run, because Alvarez cannot chase.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    The styles were incompatible- Lara was not going to stand still and slug- he doesn't have the chin or power to do that with Canelo, and Canelo evidently doesn't have the skills to close off the ring, or otherwise force Lara to stop. As Oubob said, it was about who could make it their style of fight. For 12 rounds though, neither really managed to impose their style on the other for long- both had their spells, and I thought Lara edged it with a few more good spells.

The fight wasn't as violent as Canelo's and casual fans might have liked, because Lara is too skilled to allow that to happen. I'd imagine Canelo's people will be taking the safe options from now though, and put him in with people who cannot run, because Alvarez cannot chase.
    They have chosen to put him in with James Kirkland in November. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    They have chosen to put him in with James Kirkland in November. Holla!
    Hadn't heard that!

Should be an opportunity for Canelo to showcase what he does best though- stand and fight. He can land combos against a stationary target like Kirkland, and he should manage to outbox him without too. It will be another big test for Canelo though- we've seen he can't manage pure boxers very well; we'll see how he does against a serious slugger. Kirkland can make it competitive, but I think Canelo has the skills on him in this one.

This is what I wanted to see. Canelo test him self after his loss to Joy Jr. Kirkland can bang but he can be hit. If he catches Canelo he may tumble but it's a two way street in this fight because both got the power in their fists.

A long and bloody 12 rounder, both strong willed fighters who will come in shape. 155 or 156 I wonder.