English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Boxing Results: Juan Manuel Lopez stopped by Francisco Vargas

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Boxing Results: Juan Manuel Lopez stopped by Francisco Vargas

Re: Boxing Results: Juan Manuel Lopez stopped by Francisco Vargas

Juan-ma looking shot. He gives it his all and should take a looooooong break, imo.

Vargas was sharp and JuanMa was shot. But JuanMa was still dangerous. He was hoping to catch Vargas like he caught Ponce in his last fight but Vargas slugged smartly keep his punches tight and moving ever so slightly to keep JuanMa from landing clean.

By the way, lets give some major props to JuanMa's corner. JuanMa took a battering in round 3 but was throwing back. He could have come out for round 4 and badly wanted to come out. Many times, corner's will hold out hope until the end and not protect their fighter as is their first responsibility. The corner saw too much risk. Could JuanMa have come out and landed a hayemaker to change the course of the fight? It was possible. But was it worth the risk? Not by any means. He took a lot of hard punches and had taken a lot of hard punches in previous fights. Kudos to the corner for pulling the plug when their guy still had a chance making the calculated decision that the risk was too great. They saved JuanMa from eating many more power shots that he did not need to absorb.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Vargas was sharp and JuanMa was shot. But JuanMa was still dangerous. He was hoping to catch Vargas like he caught Ponce in his last fight but Vargas slugged smartly keep his punches tight and moving ever so slightly to keep JuanMa from landing clean.

By the way, lets give some major props to JuanMa's corner. JuanMa took a battering in round 3 but was throwing back. He could have come out for round 4 and badly wanted to come out. Many times, corner's will hold out hope until the end and not protect their fighter as is their first responsibility. The corner saw too much risk. Could JuanMa have come out and landed a hayemaker to change the course of the fight? It was possible. But was it worth the risk? Not by any means. He took a lot of hard punches and had taken a lot of hard punches in previous fights. Kudos to the corner for pulling the plug when their guy still had a chance making the calculated decision that the risk was too great. They saved JuanMa from eating many more power shots that he did not need to absorb.
    Optical illusions and tricks of the trade to get paid are everywhere. Especially in our sport. JuanMa was in collusion with that corner. He and it made the decision after the second round that he was going to punch drill and go for da kill. And if he didn't get it, he gave the fans one of heckuva thrill and their fill. So it would be no round four, and he'd mosey on down the hill.

You can believe of not. JuanMa is at the end of the rainbow. And he's taking the gold and the pot. And doesn't care if you know. Hehe! Holla!

Could be the case, RG but damn does he take alot of punishment in the process.
    Last edited by flackoguapo; 07-14-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Optical illusions and tricks of the trade to get paid are everywhere. Especially in our sport. JuanMa was in collusion with that corner. He and it made the decision after the second round that he was going to punch drill and go for da kill. And if he didn't get it, he gave the fans one of heckuva thrill and their fill. So it would be no round four, and he'd mosey on down the hill.

You can believe of not. JuanMa is at the end of the rainbow. And he's taking the gold and the pot. And doesn't care if you know. Hehe! Holla!
    I don't believe JuanMa was in collusion with the corner. He has a ton of heart and has displayed that throughout his entire career.

If JuanMa had said himself after the 3rd I'm done, it would have been totally understandable. He had taken a lot of punches in that round and was badly hurt at the end of it. Add that to all the punches he had taken in previous fights, a decision by him to halt the action at that point would have been completely understandable with zero shame.

He wanted to go, there is no question. His corner did their job (like many times does not happen in this sport) and did not make the fighter have to make that choice. The corner stopped the fight. Kudos to them for making the right call and not making JuanMa take unnecessary punishment in what appeared to be a dire situation.

JuanMa is at the end of the rainbow. I hope he calls it a career. He provided a lot of thrills but those thrills came at an expense.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I don't believe JuanMa was in collusion with the corner. He has a ton of heart and has displayed that throughout his entire career.

If JuanMa had said himself after the 3rd I'm done, it would have been totally understandable. He had taken a lot of punches in that round and was badly hurt at the end of it. Add that to all the punches he had taken in previous fights, a decision by him to halt the action at that point would have been completely understandable with zero shame.

He wanted to go, there is no question. His corner did their job (like many times does not happen in this sport) and did not make the fighter have to make that choice. The corner stopped the fight. Kudos to them for making the right call and not making JuanMa take unnecessary punishment in what appeared to be a dire situation.

JuanMa is at the end of the rainbow. I hope he calls it a career. He provided a lot of thrills but those thrills came at an expense.
    There are optical illusions and tricks of the trade everywhere. Fighters like JuanMa are stealth and super sneaky with QUITTING. He signal to the corner to stop the fight. And boxers latently do it all the time because they are nowadays likely paid in advance. It use to be a time when fighters were paid after the dance. And they used to get ripped off big time. Especially for not going at least half the rounds.

Belief is free. JuanMa planned to quit after round three.

I'm not the only boxer in this Universe. The other pugs and former ones will tell you how some fighters use the corner to quit. So that they can blame it on the rain. They are Milli Vanilli in full effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk. Holla!

Oubobcat, you should know by now better than to disagree with the all knowing Radam G. RG is in da know and fans like you and me just don't know.
    Seriously this was the only fight I saw from this card before the link I was watching broke bad on me. JuanMa will be back at some point I think but if that was his last fight it was a thriller. JuanMa was throwing bombs when he should have been holding on. JuanMa will not be remembered as the smartest boxer of his time, he will not live to to the early promise he once showed. He will be remembered as one of the most exciting fighters of his time, never in a bad fight. Too bad that Gamboa fight did not take place when it should have. It would have been spectacular.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by the Roast View Post
    Oubobcat, you should know by now better than to disagree with the all knowing Radam G. RG is in da know and fans like you and me just don't know.
    Seriously this was the only fight I saw from this card before the link I was watching broke bad on me. JuanMa will be back at some point I think but if that was his last fight it was a thriller. JuanMa was throwing bombs when he should have been holding on. JuanMa will not be remembered as the smartest boxer of his time, he will not live to to the early promise he once showed. He will be remembered as one of the most exciting fighters of his time, never in a bad fight. Too bad that Gamboa fight did not take place when it should have. It would have been spectacular.
    He will be back and will quit again. And when his career is finish, he will admit to it, PROUDLY! Cameras have not been in the right position to catch him yet, as they were to catch Erik Morales against Da Manny and even Miguel Cotto against Margarito back in the day, to name two.

I can go to Daily Motion and/or Youtube and pull up tons of fighters signaling to their cornerpersons to halt the fights. Holla!