English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Re: Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    I think Brownsugar that Floyd is battling something more than a want to be like every one else. He is a living legend on the big stage fighting to prove to everyone else that he's not human.

By taking Maidana again he is further bolstering his legend because he will not lose. Why are you all giving Maidana a chance in this fight? I've watched the fight over many times and Maidana barely has a look in.

If you were to be scoring in Maidana's favour, you could only at most give him 3 or 4 of the 12 rounds. Floyd will win this fight comfortably. Maidana's style will get pulses racing for a few early rounds but that's all!
    Maidana is a live dog... Rob Garcia has shown he can be taught new tricks. Like jabbing more and avoiding the Mayweather right hand ( better than most ).
    I appreciate your opinion Skibbz but even you have to admit the first fight was a bit of a challenge.

I think Brownsugar that Floyd is battling something more than a want to be like every one else. He is a living legend on the big stage fighting to prove to everyone else that he's not human.

By taking Maidana again he is further bolstering his legend because he will not lose. Why are you all giving Maidana a chance in this fight? I've watched the fight over many times and Maidana barely has a look in.

If you were to be scoring in Maidana's favour, you could only at most give him 3 or 4 of the 12 rounds. Floyd will win this fight comfortably. Maidana's style will get pulses racing for a few early rounds but that's all!
    3 or 4 of the 12 rounds you have to be kidding.

Watch the first 6 rounds and tell me which guy you would have rather been.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Maidana is a live dog... Rob Garcia has shown he can be taught new tricks. Like jabbing more and avoiding the Mayweather right hand ( better than most ).
    I appreciate your opinion Skibbz but even you have to admit the first fight was a bit of a challenge.
    A challenge in the sense that he had to allow the steam to cool before turning up his own heat. Team Chino did it wrong, they took it straight to the crescendo with no build up. Had Maidana been able to keep the steam going for 12 rounds then you can call it a challenge. The output and pressure wasn't maintained into the second half of the fight and Floyd was picking him apart with 50% of his punches landing all throughout the fight from the first round.

Floyd was so smart, he kept hitting him to the body at every opportunity then sitting back and goading the hot head forward. His concentration kept him from slipping, even whilst Maidana was landing repeated illegal shots to the back of the head and had a cut over his right eye. Maidana was too crude in his approach and spent his energy too early in the fight, with compliments from the Mayweather body shots.

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    3 or 4 of the 12 rounds you have to be kidding.

Watch the first 6 rounds and tell me which guy you would have rather been.
    I would have given Maidana a maximum of 4 rounds. After round 6 he was a dead horse. Floyd went to the body and took Maidana's wind. He gave him further oppurtunity to spend himself and the one dimensional brute did it because he doesn't think inside the ring.

You build up to a crescendo, you don't start at one. 12 rounds isn't a drag race and you have to pace yourself and maintain your defence no matter how brutish your style. Even sluggers have to take care not to get whacked to the body because your energy will go, and remember that when you miss a shot to the body it takes almost as much as when you take a shot to the body.

A challenge in the sense that he had to allow the steam to cool before turning up his own heat. Team Chino did it wrong, they took it straight to the crescendo with no build up. Had Maidana been able to keep the steam going for 12 rounds then you can call it a challenge. The output and pressure wasn't maintained into the second half of the fight and Floyd was picking him apart with 50% of his punches landing all throughout the fight from the first round.

Floyd was so smart, he kept hitting him to the body at every opportunity then sitting back and goading the hot head forward. His concentration kept him from slipping, even whilst Maidana was landing repeated illegal shots to the back of the head and had a cut over his right eye. Maidana was too crude in his approach and spent his energy too early in the fight, with compliments from the Mayweather body shots.

I would have given Maidana a maximum of 4 rounds. After round 6 he was a dead horse. Floyd went to the body and took Maidana's wind. He gave him further oppurtunity to spend himself and the one dimensional brute did it because he doesn't think inside the ring.

You build up to a crescendo, you don't start at one. 12 rounds isn't a drag race and you have to pace yourself and maintain your defence no matter how brutish your style. Even sluggers have to take care not to get whacked to the body because your energy will go, and remember that when you miss a shot to the body it takes almost as much as when you take a shot to the body.

You get no argument from me Skibbz.... I agree totally ... But a lot of people didn't see it this way and if Maidana can get more moments like this ....technically he could score the upset of the century....

Some guys just can't get a break, huh?

First they said Maidana was robbed. Then it turned into, "Floyd won't fight him again, he was too tough."

Once rematch rumors emerged, out of thin air, the narrative became, "he's going to give him rehydration clauses," as if the dude can possibly get any heavier than he was before.

Now that the fight is official, lo and behold, guys are calling it a cherry pick, saying "oh, he's just going to run around and pot shoot him."

But I thought his legs were gone?

Some guys just can't get a break.

The Argentinian bad a$$ is going to get tortured. I am very fastidious with my words. And "torture" is the only one that comes to mind. This will be completely different. Watch carefully. Different pace, different punch output, different endurance, different performance.

Like Radam said in another thread, I don't know why people are so silent about it. I just don't know. (Maybe there's a confidentiality agreement?) This dude probably coulda sat with Floyd Landis on stage 17!

"When you're that good that you're able to take a great fighter and make him look as if he's a journeyman," Mike Tyson says of the widespread criticism of Floyd Mayweather, "you're going to build animosity because that's just a human trait and that's what this country produces."

Say what, Mike?

"When you're that good that you're able to take a great fighter and make him look as if he's a journeyman, you're going to build animosity because that's just a human trait and that's what this country produces."

Now that Maidana won't be able to duplicate that performance, I guarantee a myriad of others excuses will surface.

"He was demoralized because he couldn't wear his gloves."

"Vegas was in his pocket!"

"They probably dehydrated him!"

Some guys just can't catch a break...

Post Scriptum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCRhzrSRA0 (x = one small dose of synthetic test + elevated hematocrit)

http://youtu.be/YUTvaU5fXO4

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    You get no argument from me Skibbz.... I agree totally ... But a lot of people didn't see it this way and if Maidana can get more moments like this ....technically he could score the upset of the century....
    Yes, excellent analysis from Skibbz.

Sure, Maidana hit Floyd more. But did he score more? That's the real question.

Last I checked, rabbit shots, low blows and hitting arms and elbows aren't scoring blows.

I mean, sure, I would've rather been Maidana in terms of damage sustained.

With close to a hundred rabbit punches, a dozen blows to the balls, busting somebody open with butt, Muay Thai-knee, tackling, biting, and hitting your man with that Ronda Rousey armbar, you're bound to leave a mark.

Especially when the guy you're facing is naturally three weight classes below you inside that ring (165 super middleweight vs. 147 welterweight).

By comparison, all he took was a few forearms and gloved punches from a guy with eight knuckles on his miniature hands.

(To Maidana's credit, that's how you fight Floyd. It's up to the ref to enforce the rules. I'm sure Maidana would've hit him with that Guile kick from Street Fighter 2, had he known how to do so.)

That said, it's a boxing match, not a street fight.

And within the rules of boxing -- scoring clean punches, defense, ring generalship and effective aggression (when dfense renders aggression INeffective it > in the scoring department) -- this was a par-for-the-course, though tougher-than-expected, 8-9 rounds for Floyd.

Mayweather won that fight handily.