English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Hybrid View

Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Floyd has taken to Twitter, and made it official: for his next fight, taking place Sept. 13 at the MGM, his fighting home, he will again fight Marcos Maidana.
    Maidana, a rugged Argentine, gave the 46-0 Floyd a run for his proverbial money when they clashed May 3, and he had Floyd on his heels. Some were asking if Floyd's legs had started to go a bit, if his reflexes had dimmed when the judges announced a decision, a majority nod for Mayweather.
    Bum rushing the skilled pugilist, hitting him, high, low and even behind the head, the 35-4 Maidana gave Floyd the stiffest test of any man, since Jose Luis Castillo back in 2002. For that, he's been granted the license to try and do even better this time around.
    "#Mayhem. Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 September 13, 2014 MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Live on Showtime PPV," the Tweet read.
    Predictably, I think, fan reaction was mixed. Many fight fans would like to see Floyd take on, stop me if you've heard this before, Manny Pacquiao…or Shawn Porter…or Keith Thurman…or Peter Quillin. Many of those negative nellies think that Floyd was "letting" Maidana have some success early on in their tangle and that when he decided to use his legs and brain, he took rounds with relative ease. Maidana has no hope of winning, they say. Me, I think the kid should be rewarded for exceeding expectations…and I think the possibility exists that at 37, Floyd, who turns 38 in Feb., has started to slide. I saw him get caught with some punches that he didn't expect to, as if the reflexes that were present a couple years ago were no longer A plus grade.
    Talk to me. You like? Dislike? Can Maidana get the W in a rematch..or will Floyd have a much easier time against the rumbler in this rematch?
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV

Re: Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Floyd will have Chino in a pair of pillow gloves. Floyd will also demand that the NSAC appoints a referee that will not let Chino get away with any borderline rough stuff while Floyd uses his illegal elbow. Floyd will cruise to an easy UD12 Chino will have at least 2 points deducted while getting warned numerous times.
    Golden Boy will be the promoter in association with Mayweather Promotions.

Re: Floyd Tweets Out The News; It's Official, Mayweather-Maidana II Is A Go

Some guys just can't get a break, huh?

First they said Maidana was robbed. Then it turned into, "Floyd won't fight him again, he was too tough."

Once rematch rumors emerged, out of thin air, the narrative became, "he's going to give him rehydration clauses," as if the dude can possibly get any heavier than he was before.

Now that the fight is official, lo and behold, guys are calling it a cherry pick, saying "oh, he's just going to run around and pot shoot him."

But I thought his legs were gone?

Some guys just can't get a break.

The Argentinian bad a$$ is going to get tortured. I am very fastidious with my words. And "torture" is the only one that comes to mind. This will be completely different. Watch carefully. Different pace, different punch output, different endurance, different performance.

Like Radam said in another thread, I don't know why people are so silent about it. I just don't know. (Maybe there's a confidentiality agreement?) This dude probably coulda sat with Floyd Landis on stage 17!

"When you're that good that you're able to take a great fighter and make him look as if he's a journeyman," Mike Tyson says of the widespread criticism of Floyd Mayweather, "you're going to build animosity because that's just a human trait and that's what this country produces."

Say what, Mike?

"When you're that good that you're able to take a great fighter and make him look as if he's a journeyman, you're going to build animosity because that's just a human trait and that's what this country produces."

Now that Maidana won't be able to duplicate that performance, I guarantee a myriad of others excuses will surface.

"He was demoralized because he couldn't wear his gloves."

"Vegas was in his pocket!"

"They probably dehydrated him!"

Some guys just can't catch a break...

Post Scriptum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCRhzrSRA0 (x = one small dose of synthetic test + elevated hematocrit)

http://youtu.be/YUTvaU5fXO4