5. Golovkin
    6. Klitschko
    7. Ward
    8. Lomachenko
    9. Canelo
    10. Cotto

Re: Our Very Own PxP Ratings...a TSS Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Now the Commish is handing out homework assignments. I always used to do these the night before. I still owe Editor Mike my all-time top ten. OK, I better get a choppin'.

@Radam. The Man says he needs ten and you give him five? Are you sure you're not that brilliant/insane Filipino kid that sat next to me in 5th grade at Our Lady of Loreto? The one who, had he answered the questions that were asked of him in their entirety, would of helped both our grades?

Lol...There you are, Mr. Moderator...You teased us with five PxP fighters. Now give us 6-10.

By the way, several of you have in-boxed & e-mailed me with your PxP list. I got 'em. Thank you.

Tell some of your friends. And colleagues. And relatives.

Let the fans speak!

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    I received an in-box note from someone this morning whose name I won't mention. Basically, the note said that they were embarrassed to post their PxP list because of fear of possible ridicule or rejection from other posters. They said they'd rather give the list to me without everyone else seeing it.

I get it. I understand.

It's the reason thousands of people read these posts daily, but only dozens will post something. It's that fear of being made fun of, the fear of being laughed AT, rather than WITH. The person who in-boxed me said they'd rather just give me their PxP list without having it--in their words, "scrutinized, analyzed and criticized by everybody."

Again, I get it. I understand.

However, your list is important--just as important as anybody else's. We want your list. We NEED your list. Don't hold back. Compile your list and, if you are like the person who in-boxed me, apprehensive about putting your list out there for everyone to see, in-box me with your list. I will keep it to myself. I will look at it and compile it with the rest. I'll respect you for sending it. I'll thank you for sending it.

Brownsugar, I totally understand where you are coming from. It's that fluctuation which bothers you. You can do a list today, then, if asked two days later to recite the 10 names you crafted, you'd probably have the same names--in a different order.

But listen to this: As I think you know, I worked for Ring Magazine once upon a time. The Ring. "The Bible of Boxing." When I was in high school, I wanted to one day work for The Ring. I wanted to write for them. I wanted to work for their founder and the guy who started doing ratings--Nat Fleischer. Well, I never got to work for Nat, but I did get to work for The Ring. At first, I was its Associate Editor under Bert R. Sugar, then, after Sugar left, it's Editor-in-Chief. Me! This Long Island high school kid who clamored to work for The Ring was now its Editor-in-Chief. I actually sat at the helm of The Ring!

Yet, in the time I spent as Editor-in-Chief and in the years which have followed, I have NEVER put together my own listing All-Time lists: The Greatest Fighters of All Time. The Greatest Heavyweights of All Time. All the other E-I-C's of The Ring have done so. I haven't. Why?

I couldn't put together the same list twice. However, I don't believe any of us can. That's for a Top-10. Do you think Bert Sugar, in his listing of the Top 100 Fighters of All Time, ever put the same list together twice, without writing it down? Even with his amazing, photographic memory, he didn't. Nobody can. So many of the names are interchangeable. That's what makes these lists so unique.

In my upcoming book, "Glove Affair," I am finally going to be publishing my lists. Many of them. It's about time I did.

Brownsugar, in-box me your ratings or e-mail them to me at either rgboxing@yahoo.com or fightclubrandy@gmail.com. I will keep your ratings to myself. I'll only compile them for TSS. Write your list down and send it to me. I don't care if the list you send me today differs from the one you compile tomorrow. Ratings are always changing. So are your thoughts and feelings. Today's ratings will probably not be like the ratings you do tomorrow...and the day after...and the day after.

So give me your list. Give it to me out here in front of the world of TSS posters or give it to me via my TSS in-box or e-mail. All of you. Do those PxP Lists NOW. Write 'em down and send 'em to me.

I can hardly wait to see what our final list looks like. OUR list. Not theirs. OURS! TSS' list, compiled by you.

Thanks for responding.

-Randy G.
    Sure .....no problem .... I'll just post it when I get off work.

Administrator

The da Vinci Dozen

1. Floyd
    2. Andre
    3. W.K.
    4. Pac
    5. Rigondeaux
    6. Cotto
    7. GGG
    8. Takashi Uchiyama
    9. Mikey Garcia
    10. Froch

11. Lucas Matthysse
    12. Nonito Donaire
    13. JMM

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    The da Vinci Dozen

1. Floyd
    2. Andre
    3. W.K.
    4. Pac
    5. Rigondeaux
    6. Cotto
    7. GGG
    8. Takashi Uchiyama
    9. Mikey Garcia
    10. Froch

11. Lucas Matthysse
    12. Nonito Donaire
    13. JMM
    OMG! He holla for 10, but you give him 13 -- a dozen and one. Hehehe!

Maybe you are the other kid who the nuns slapped around in the Jesuit prison -- I mean boarding school in Hong Kong.

6. 3g, 7. Mickey G, 8. V-Lo, 9. M-Co, 10. Doc Wlad K. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 07-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Advanced Users

BTW, where is The Shadow? Is he taking an extended 4th of July vacation? Or is he gone to Brazil for the final football games? The Netherlands [Holland] will win it all. Hehe!

Somewhereee out THEREEEE/Beneath the great big SKY! Holla at us, TS. Call home E-T. Haha! Holla!

My pound 4 pound list is based on how I interpret skills. Remember, the pound 4 pound list should be based on one's skill set irrespective of size; i.e., Manny Pacquiao's skills matched up against Wladimir Klitschko's if they were both the same size mythically. My pound 4 pound list is as follows:

1. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    3. Andre Ward
    4. Bernard Hopkins
    5. Wladimir Klitschko
    6. Terence Crawford
    7. Demetrius Andrade
    8. Erislandy Lara
    9. Miguel Cotto
    10. Manny Pacquiao

Should the #1 boxer lb4lb have lost 5-6 rounds in his most recent fight while winning a close decision? I dont believe so. #1 should be the guy with the least question. A guy who shuts fighters down round for round without barely being challenged. Stacked up against each other skill wise, if they were the same size, who would be most dominate, below is my list.

1. Ward
    2. Hopkins
    3. Pac
    4. GGG
    5. Floyd
    6. Rigo
    7. V-lo
    8. Kovalev
    9. M. Garcia
    10. Wlad

The times they-are-a-weak, as witnessed by P4P; most of the names are due to lack of special fighters, rather than being special themselves. And the special ones don't make it easy; Mayweather and Pacquiao are starting to feel a bit OT, and Ward does alot of things except fight. Oh well, with my favourite P4P-player Pongsaklek Wonjongkam retired, I'll have to go with this - based on skills and achievements.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
    2. Andre Ward
    3. Manny Pacquiao
    4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    5. Wladimir Klitschko
    6. Miguel Cotto
    7. Gennady Golovkin
    8. Roman Gonzalez
    9. Carl Froch
    10. Danny Garcia

Of course, Golovkin, Rigo and Loma can/will all end up top 3 on this list if they can get the fights that merits it. Based on skills alone, I definitely think Lomachenko deserves a spot among the 10. But on the other hand, I've seen guys in the gym that deserves it when shadowboxing vs a mirror. They have to prove themselves with some consistency vs elite opposition out of pure principle. Frochs inclusion hurts the snob in me, but admittedly, the man has taken them all on - and beaten almost everyone. Congratulations, Carl. And Garcia - well, the same goes for him.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    The times they-are-a-weak, as witnessed by P4P; most of the names are due to lack of special fighters, rather than being special themselves. And the special ones don't make it easy; Mayweather and Pacquiao are starting to feel a bit OT, and Ward does alot of things except fight. Oh well, with my favourite P4P-player Pongsaklek Wonjongkam retired, I'll have to go with this - based on skills and achievements.

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
    2. Andre Ward
    3. Manny Pacquiao
    4. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    5. Wladimir Klitschko
    6. Miguel Cotto
    7. Gennady Golovkin
    8. Roman Gonzalez
    9. Carl Froch
    10. Danny Garcia

Of course, Golovkin, Rigo and Loma can/will all end up top 3 on this list if they can get the fights that merits it. Based on skills alone, I definitely think Lomachenko deserves a spot among the 10. But on the other hand, I've seen guys in the gym that deserves it when shadowboxing vs a mirror. They have to prove themselves with some consistency vs elite opposition out of pure principle. Frochs inclusion hurts the snob in me, but admittedly, the man has taken them all on - and beaten almost everyone. Congratulations, Carl. And Garcia - well, the same goes for him.
    We're on the same page with Froch. Nobody is going to confuse him with being a bigger version of Duran. That said, he's a throwback to another time, aaaaaaand he's still getting better in spots.

What people don't understand is there are times (albeit not often) a fighter can have a great training camp*, wake-up the day of the fight feeling like 10,000,000 dollars and proceed to go out and be flat. Having less than a great performance can end one of three ways. You got to respect the ones that find ways to win when they're experiencing a less than career performance.

*Of course most fighters don't get a training camp, they get a 'gym' camp. But the idea is the same.