English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canelo Angry At Lara Talk, Says This Fight Is Personal

Re: Canelo Angry At Lara Talk, Says This Fight Is Personal

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    A little fire never hurt anyone it is good to see Canelo having some emotion seeing as that he got humiliated by Floyd.

I agree with everyone above, this fight will not sell well after numerous PPV's this summer,

For the hardcore fan this is a great matchup. For the casual viewer it is probably forgotten already.

Although as a hardcore fan I will not be buying it. B-sug is correct, we are still in a recession and gas is $3.85 a gallon, a ridiculous amount among other necessities so I will have to catch the rerun of this one.

Agreed. I hope to see Canelo with the willingness to change up the gameplan if he is getting out-boxed. Some sense of desperation and urge that seemed to be lacking against $May

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Agreed. I hope to see Canelo with the willingness to change up the gameplan if he is getting out-boxed. Some sense of desperation and urge that seemed to be lacking against $May
    Exactly, against Floyd he toed the line and got his ears boxed off.

If he gets into this same rut with Lara he will need to push the pace and try to throw combos while Lara is throwing, try to out fire Lara which I think he can do. However, I just dont know if Canelo has the boxing IQ to make adjustments.

Although Canelo looked fantastic against Angulo, Angulo was throwing the oddest arm pussy punches I have ever seen. It was almost like the fight was fixed and Angulo was afraid to hit Canelo. Very strange

I'm with you 100% on this one amayseng.

If Canelo stands still and boxes, in the way he attempted to with Floyd, the result will be a similar embarrassment unless he can force some serious trading to take place.

I too believe he has the physical attributes to do that, but he has yet to prove he can do it against a truly elite fighter.

Not saying he can't: he just hasn't proven it; so I'll go with what I know, stick to the facts of the matter, and back Lara.

Administrator

If an opponent signs a contract attesting to the fact that he plans on showing up on a predetermined evening with the sole intent of punching you in head, shouldn't that be personal enough?