English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Re: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Fres does not deserve a title shot of any kind by any streatch of the imagination. I saw him fight on a Bobby Hitz card a two years ago against a bum. He didn't look good.
    I don't know what Chagaev has been doing since he got pounded by Wlad.
    What a feeble fight this is. For shame WBA, for shame.

Re: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Whew! What a relief it is to know that the "Rumble in Russia" may yet take place!

If the fight had been cancelled because Oquendo did not have a passport/visa, he definitely would have been the frontrunner for "Putz of the Year." It's a (dis)honor he may win yet. How do you go through a training camp of several weeks, knowing you will be fighting in a foreign country, and not taske care of your passport/visa requirements?

In May, I announced a fight in Buffalo, NY. My wife and I headed to Canada prior to the fight. We knew for weeks we'd be going to Canada. We also knew our passports had expired. So, what did we do? We renewed them. We went into NYC, paid a fee and renewed them. Duh! That was a very difficult thing to do! Why couldn't Oquendo and his "team" do the same thing?

Hopefully, this "title" fight will happen this weekend.

Boxing should not be deprived of such a great event!

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Whew! What a relief it is to know that the "Rumble in Russia" may yet take place!

If the fight had been cancelled because Oquendo did not have a passport/visa, he definitely would have been the frontrunner for "Putz of the Year." It's a (dis)honor he may win yet. How do you go through a training camp of several weeks, knowing you will be fighting in a foreign country, and not taske care of your passport/visa requirements?

In May, I announced a fight in Buffalo, NY. My wife and I headed to Canada prior to the fight. We knew for weeks we'd be going to Canada. We also knew our passports had expired. So, what did we do? We renewed them. We went into NYC, paid a fee and renewed them. Duh! That was a very difficult thing to do! Why couldn't Oquendo and his "team" do the same thing?

Hopefully, this "title" fight will happen this weekend.

Boxing should not be deprived of such a great event!

-Randy G.
    Sidewalk pug Fres O was/is looking for a way out of the fight. The best way is the passport excuse. Boxers use it all the time. How simple is it to get a valid, renewed passporte and visa? "It doesn't take a rocket scientist"

Matter of fact, this rocket scientist that it doesn't take was a pug himself. What an irony? Holla!

I see Chagaev ended up winning. From the response on twitter, sounds like it was a shockingly tactical and dull fight.

Oh and guess who was at the fight and made sure that everyone know he was present. David Haye. Hmmm, wonder why he made the trip to be at this fight?