English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Boxing Odds – Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Ruslan Chagaev is coming off a win for the PABA heavyweight and vacant WBA continental heavyweight titles and now has the chance for more. The vacant WBA world heavyweight title will be on the line at the Ahmat Arena, Grozny, Russia on July 6 as Ruslan Chagaev will face Fres Oquendo.
    Fres Oquendo opened as a +700 dog with the Boxing odds while Ruslan Chagaev was a -1000 chalk. The bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.
    Fres Oquendo
    The 41 year old Fres Oquendo stands at 6 feet 2 inches tall with a reach of 80 inches and fights out of an orthodox stance. Oquendo is a native of Puerto Rico and now resides in Chicago. Oquendo has a career record of 37 wins, 7 losses, and 0 draws. Out of Oquendo's 37 career wins a total of 24 have come by knockout with just 2 out of his 7 losses coming by knockout. Oquendo is the 12th ranked American heavyweight and is ranked 33rd in the world. Oquendo is coming off a technical knockout win over Galen Brown is the 2nd round of an 8 round bout that took place on May 10, 2014 at Memorial Hall in Kansas City, KS, USA.
    Ruslan Chagaev
    The 35 year old Ruslan Chagaev stands at 5 feet 11 inches tall with a reach of 74 inches and fights out of a southpaw stance. Chagaev has a career record of 32 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw. Chagaev has a total of 20 knockouts out of his 32 career wins. He has suffered 1 knockout loss. Chagaev is a native of Uzbekistan and now resides in Germany and is the 21st ranked heavyweight in the world. Chagaev is coming off a 12 round unanimous decision win over Jovo Pudar for the PABA and vacant WBA continental heavyweight titles on October 5, 2013 in a bout that took place in Moscow.
    The Pick
    Chagaev is in good form and should be primed for a strong showing as momentum is on his side. We respect Oquendo's career but Chagaev is the better choice and gets the call!
    WATCH RELATED VIDEOS ON BOXINGCHANNEL.TV

Re: Boxing Odds – Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Leave it to the sanctioning bodies to find ways for promoters to make deposits into the sanctioning body’s account. On July 6, in Grozny, Russia, Ruslan Chagaev will face perennial contender Fres Oquendo. We use the term “perennial contender” for a guy who’s been around a long time and who usually loses his big fights. Well, Chagaev will face Oquendo for what the WBA is calling a championship bout. In case you’re keeping score, the bout is for the WBA’s vacant “regular” heavyweight title. What is the “regular” heavyweight title? Is that like vanilla ice cream and vanilla “lite.” And low-fat vanilla. And sugar-free vanilla? What is the the “regular” heavyweight champion? The “regular” heavyweight champion is a title for sale by a sanctioning body. It’s money, in this case rubles. Lots of them. FYI. The WBA Heavyweight Champion, just the plain ‘ol heavyweight champion, is a guy named Wladimir Klitschko. In June, 2009, Klitschko and Chagaev fought. Klitschko dominated, cut, dropped and battered Chagaev on the way to winning on a ninth-round TKO. So much for holding a WBA Heavyweight Title belt (should Chagaev beat Oquendo) while Klitschko is the real title holder.

Titles for sale, anyone?

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Re: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Wow! Hehehe! Alternate reality at its best. WTF! I'm riding shotgun with the Commish. On getting a sanction fee, these crooks will make any type of title belt to fish. Holla!

Re: Boxing Odds : Fres Oquendo vs. Ruslan Chagaev for WBA World Heavyweight Title July 6 in Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Wow! Hehehe! Alternate reality at its best. WTF! I'm riding shotgun with the Commish. On getting a sanction fee, these crooks will make any type of title belt to fish. Holla!
    Yep. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Soon the divisional ratings will be 9 champions and one legit contender!

-Randy G.

I agree .... I almost bought a WBC "General Purpose Multi-Gender Universal" belt at Walmart today. The belt was designed for all weights, sexes, and skill levels.

I have difficulty going to sleep at night and will be be taping the Oquendo-Chaegev bout for medicinal purposes. Same effect as store bought sleeping pills like Ambien, but none of the toxic side effects.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I agree .... I almost bought a WBC "General Purpose Multi-Gender Universal" belt at Walmart today. The belt was designed for all weights, sexes, and skill levels.

I have difficulty going to sleep at night and will be be taping the Oquendo-Chaegev bout for medicinal purposes. Same effect as store bought sleeping pills like Ambien, but none of the toxic side effects.
    Hehehe! Good one! Holla!

Very good, Brownsugar. But, who knows, I have a feeling we're sleeping on this Chagaev-Oquendo bout. This could well turn into 2014's "Fight of the Year"--the "Rumble in Russia."

This one pits the ruthlessness of Chagaev against the experience, heart and all-around skill level of Oquendo.

As I will be watching on tape delay, please don't text me with the result if you hear before I get a chance to watch. It's the fight I have been hoping for since last Summer.

The WBA should be proud of what they are giving to boxing here.

Hail to the NEW WBA "regular" heavyweight champ, whoever he may be this weekend!

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Very good, Brownsugar. But, who knows, I have a feeling we're sleeping on this Chagaev-Oquendo bout. This could well turn into 2014's "Fight of the Year"--the "Rumble in Russia."

This one pits the ruthlessness of Chagaev against the experience, heart and all-around skill level of Oquendo.

As I will be watching on tape delay, please don't text me with the result if you hear before I get a chance to watch. It's the fight I have been hoping for since last Summer.

The WBA should be proud of what they are giving to boxing here.

Hail to the NEW WBA "regular" heavyweight champ, whoever he may be this weekend!

-Randy G.
    Commish I would never do anything to deprive you of your boxing enjoyment...lol

Well I hope I am not ruining anyone's weekend but apparently Oquendo is out of this fight. Apparently he could not obtain a passport in time.

But don't be all down, the promoters are scrambling and trying to get a replacement in for the show to go on. And yes they are even trying to find someone that will satisfy the WBA (ranked or unranked by the WBA) to continue to call this a championship fight. And my stomach turns...

I need to stop checking boxing news today. So apparently now there are reports that Fres Oquendo is on his way overseas. We may still yet get the long awaited Chagaev-Oquendo showdown after all. What a relief this is (I say sarcastically).

Okay now time to stop checking the news and head out for some fireworks.