English Español
Advertisement
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Society the Problem? Or Broner

Society the Problem? Or Broner

I think the problem is society more so than Broner. Broner is not the first criminal thug, low life athlete with little intelligence and less dignity and he will not be the last either.

The problem lies with society allowing such a fool to continue to receive attention to feed his narcissism. The first of his antics years ago should have banned him from continued ignorance. However, the network heads continued to allow his ignorance to flourish fight after fight. It is quite alarming.

The Commish has been imploring the network guys to NOT allow Broner to speak or interact outside of just fighting in the ring.

He is correct, classless and negative influences as Broner should be stricken from the minds of fans and more importantly children and youth who need positive examples.

Broner does not warrant any of this attention, however society is in need of a lesson on who should be visible to the public..

Just like all other walks of life he should be fined and suspended to such a degree that he will have no choice but to shut up and act right, or no longer receive a payday and the privilege of participating in this fantastic sport.

Re: Society the Problem? Or Broner

Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I think the problem is society more so than Broner. Broner is not the first criminal thug, low life athlete with little intelligence and less dignity and he will not be the last either.

The problem lies with society allowing such a fool to continue to receive attention to feed his narcissism. The first of his antics years ago should have banned him from continued ignorance. However, the network heads continued to allow his ignorance to flourish fight after fight. It is quite alarming.

The Commish has been imploring the network guys to NOT allow Broner to speak or interact outside of just fighting in the ring.

He is correct, classless and negative influences as Broner should be stricken from the minds of fans and more importantly children and youth who need positive examples.

Broner does not warrant any of this attention, however society is in need of a lesson on who should be visible to the public..

Just like all other walks of life he should be fined and suspended to such a degree that he will have no choice but to shut up and act right, or no longer receive a payday and the privilege of participating in this fantastic sport.

Whew! After reading your first paragraph, I was already out of my seat saying, "Okay, here we go. Amayseng is saying it's OUR fault for not understanding what message the wonderful Adrian Broner is trying to send to all of us. But, I read on. I'm glad I did.

Adrian Broner is a lucky young man. A VERY lucky young man. He is being given an opportunity to become wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, and to achieve fame that most of us look at from a distance and even envy.

But, in a classless, uneducated and negative way, he throws everything at us, thinking he's either entertaining us or angering us, but never giving his actions much thought.

I have already had preliminary talks with some of the TV powers-that-be. They seem very receptive to the idea of putting Broner on camera, but taking away a microphone from in front of his face.

This week, my letter to Steve Espinoza will go out. We'll see what he says. Inevitably, it will be his call whether or not we have to endure Broner's actions any longer. If we do, we still have another choice.

Don't watch.

-Randy G.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Whew! After reading your first paragraph, I was already out of my seat saying, "Okay, here we go. Amayseng is saying it's OUR fault for not understanding what message the wonderful Adrian Broner is trying to send to all of us. But, I read on. I'm glad I did.

Adrian Broner is a lucky young man. A VERY lucky young man. He is being given an opportunity to become wealthy beyond his wildest dreams, and to achieve fame that most of us look at from a distance and even envy.

But, in a classless, uneducated and negative way, he throws everything at us, thinking he's either entertaining us or angering us, but never giving his actions much thought.

I have already had preliminary talks with some of the TV powers-that-be. They seem very receptive to the idea of putting Broner on camera, but taking away a microphone from in front of his face.

This week, my letter to Steve Espinoza will go out. We'll see what he says. Inevitably, it will be his call whether or not we have to endure Broner's actions any longer. If we do, we still have another choice.

Don't watch.

-Randy G.
    Of course the television big wigs will silent Broner by taking the mike away. I remember in my rugrat and tiny kiddie days that they did that to Leon "Neon" Spinks because he had a speech impediment. WTF! OMG!

Broner can be put on five-second delays. But no way should the mike be taken from him. It would give the impression of singling him out for unforgivable black balling of television's yesteryears. And it won't look right. It is now and always have been -- except in some of the racist Southern U.S. mainland States -- tradition for all pugs to speak into the mike after the fight.

One would just be showing how much juice and mad power that Broner has by changing up tradition because he is "Unforgivable Immatureness."

Let it go! Let it go! Let it go! Leeeeet it gooooo! It would just be urnuther [sic] LUV T-K-O! And another black eye for the thousand eyes of boxing. And it will cause boxing to look as if it has halted giving all kinds a chance -- good or bad romance. And for making money is everybodee's and dey momma's -- nothing else -- reasons to dance. Holla!

Put Larry merchant in front of Broner and let's watch the fireworks.

By the way society is beyond help. Look at the daytime lineup of Maury's who's the daddy DNA test show. The kardashian people,tmz ,celebrity wife swap, etc etc. Turning on the tv and watching the news is disturbing .

morality is almost extinct.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    By the way society is beyond help. Look at the daytime lineup of Maury's who's the daddy DNA test show. The kardashian people,tmz ,celebrity wife swap, etc etc. Turning on the tv and watching the news is disturbing .

Amen! Amen! I've never watch that U.S. mainland TV trash, but hearing about it is enough for me. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Amen! Amen! I've never watch that U.S. mainland TV trash, but hearing about it is enough for me. Holla!
    Did you see the Jimmy Young technique I've been working on in the other thread? Would love to get your opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post

Bingo, I originally had written about the Kardashian's in my post but erased it.

The Kardashians are all what is wrong with America. The fact these soulless people are celebrated is disgusting.

And there lies the problem, society itself is allowing it.

In my personal opinion its counter productive to censor one fighter. Broner may be a product of his generation but he's not some subhuman beast. If Showtime had simply set the standards or informed Broner of what his limitation were when he initially began headlining and supporting some of showtime's most successful shows he would have never went overboard in his last fight.

But they never had a problem with Broners antics due to the fact he consistently produced high ratings.

Broner is not going to do anything that will hinder his ability to earn a dollar. Personally I like to watch the ring walks and post fight interviews. ...whether the fighter is one of my favorites or not.
    If a fighter is getting his hair brushed by his biological father who through mutual consent agreed to do so .... Tell me why that would that be the source of moral indignation and outrage?

If Showtime is not going to set standards for all of their clients than any individual action taken against Broner alone is strictly discriminatory. Its imposing the application of a set of standards that only apply to one person.

Crawford's corner was using profanity... Is the profanity used by Crawford's corner more righteous than the profanity used by Broner?.

What about when the profanity is spoken in Russian or Spanish? is it OK because only a small percentage of the american population can interpret it.

Where do we draw the line and who gets to be the judge.?

It's interesting because people don't normally get to impose their own personal moral standards against an individual for actions that aren't even illegal.

TV has been wallowing in filth and depravity for decades. And on the internet Hundreds of thousands of teens down load nude videos and recorded sex sessions everyday.

Children can't pray in school and are barred from having prayer meetings.
    Planned parenthood can pass out condoms to our daughters without their parents permission.
    School counselors can teach our sons how to have gay sex and we are concerned with how Broner gets his hair brushed.

I respectfully suggest that Broner is the least of our concerns. Tell Broner what he can and what he can't do and hit him with a fine or a suspension if he doesn't conform.

To censor Broner may provide some people with a sense of satisfaction but it deprives the rest of us who want to see you the show in its entirety.

It treats the symptom but has absolutely no affect on revising media standards.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Did you see the Jimmy Young technique I've been working on in the other thread? Would love to get your opinion on it.
    I saw it. And all I can say about Jimmy Young is that he was the slickest uncrown world title-belt champion arch master boxer who I ever saw in real life.

He was near perfect jabbing, stabbing and uppercutting to the belly and the mug and then he knew how to hug [clinch] you, throw your timing off and then again making you dizzy and confused by check hooking and sneak right-cross zookie zooking. And of course, causing opponents to lose their bearings, as he pit and razor-sharp hit, and outta you knock da $h¡±. Hehe! Holla!