English Espaņol
Advertisement

Thread: Canelo vs Lara Prediction Video

Canelo vs Lara Prediction Video

This is the first time I'm posting a prediction video in a long time and I changed the format a little. I'd love to get some feedback on what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

I know this is a website where we sell a service, and if you sign up that's great, but that isn't the point of this post. I don't want anyone to get the feeling that we're pushing a product. Just looking for some honest feedback from informed fight fans.

Re: Canelo vs Lara Prediction Video

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWalters View Post
    This is the first time I'm posting a prediction video in a long time and I changed the format a little. I'd love to get some feedback on what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

I know this is a website where we sell a service, and if you sign up that's great, but that isn't the point of this post. I don't want anyone to get the feeling that we're pushing a product. Just looking for some honest feedback from informed fight fans.

Hi. Canelo might win if it is close on the scorecards but I disagree with why you picked Canelo to win. I think Lara has some key advantages. AS of now I pick Lara.

Some feedback:

1) The messy shelf with the paperback books,spoon/fork trophy and gym shorts? is kind of distracting. Next video clean it up please.

2) I agree that Canelo is strong and has a good punch. I disagree Canelo has a strength advantage over Lara though and even if he did have a strength advantage it isn't that important. I would say Angulo was stronger then both Canelo and Lara.

3)I disagree when you say that Lara doesn't throw combos, he does throw combos. Sometimes he uses he legs and throws counter pot shots but he throws combos in there.

4)Canelo has a high KO % but you have to look at he first half of his career. His opponents were not murderer's row. More like street vendors and cab drivers.

5) Using Angulo to highlight Canelo's combos and conditioning is an incorrect thing to do. Angulo was damaged goods, both mentally from quitting against Lara and physically with his damaged eye from Lara. Lara basically ruined Angulo , you will have a lot more in the tank when you don't have to worry about incoming punches. Angulo didn't throw any punches that I can remember against Canelo.

6) a better common opponent to use to compare both fighters is Trout. Trout gave Canelo all he could handle using his boxing skills and lra basically shut Trout out using his skills. If Canelo had trouble with Trouts boxing what do you think he will do against Lra's boxing which is much better?

I give Canelo a lot of credit for accepting this fight. It might be close or not but either way I expect a good fight from both guys. Canelo can lose and if its close still have respect and move up to 160.Lara doesn't have too many options if he loses the fight.At this point in time I favor Lara. A live under dog with good value.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Hi. Canelo might win if it is close on the scorecards but I disagree with why you picked Canelo to win. I think Lara has some key advantages. AS of now I pick Lara.

Some feedback:

1) The messy shelf with the paperback books,spoon/fork trophy and gym shorts? is kind of distracting. Next video clean it up please.

2) I agree that Canelo is strong and has a good punch. I disagree Canelo has a strength advantage over Lara though and even if he did have a strength advantage it isn't that important. I would say Angulo was stronger then both Canelo and Lara.

3)I disagree when you say that Lara doesn't throw combos, he does throw combos. Sometimes he uses he legs and throws counter pot shots but he throws combos in there.

4)Canelo has a high KO % but you have to look at he first half of his career. His opponents were not murderer's row. More like street vendors and cab drivers.

5) Using Angulo to highlight Canelo's combos and conditioning is an incorrect thing to do. Angulo was damaged goods, both mentally from quitting against Lara and physically with his damaged eye from Lara. Lara basically ruined Angulo , you will have a lot more in the tank when you don't have to worry about incoming punches. Angulo didn't throw any punches that I can remember against Canelo.

6) a better common opponent to use to compare both fighters is Trout. Trout gave Canelo all he could handle using his boxing skills and lra basically shut Trout out using his skills. If Canelo had trouble with Trouts boxing what do you think he will do against Lra's boxing which is much better?

I give Canelo a lot of credit for accepting this fight. It might be close or not but either way I expect a good fight from both guys. Canelo can lose and if its close still have respect and move up to 160.Lara doesn't have too many options if he loses the fight.At this point in time I favor Lara. A live under dog with good value.
    D2 killed IT! I'm riding shotgun with him. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWalters View Post

Couldn't you just summarise your prediction and fight breakdown in a post, even if it's quite a long one? I'm not sure many will be holding their attention to that video for over a quarter of an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    D2 killed IT! I'm riding shotgun with him. Holla!
    Ditto that.

Angulo is next to useless as a point of comparison. It's been agreed before that he hardly turned up to that fight. There in body but absent in soul- I never saw any will to win from Angulo at any point in that fight.

I too, favour Lara, and have since the fight was made. I don't know why he's an underdog? Canelo's been matched very intelligently so far in his career, and he will come up against someone now over whom he has little advantage in speed, power, strength or boxing ability (I say Lara outboxes Canelo all night). Canelo may get some early rounds in, but as the fight goes on, things will only swing in Lara's favour. Whatever's in Canelo's box of tricks will be used up early in the fight, and Lara will get the upper hand and keep it.

All credit to the Mexican if he wins though, that will shut me right up.