English Español
Advertisement
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BC Predictions: GGG's First Loss?

Advanced Users

Re: BC Predictions: GGG's First Loss?

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    Haha why super draw RG? I think its a great fight and I really want to see how someone bigger handles Golovkins power and physically. I would not put it past "The Alien" to do some un-worldly things to get into GGG's psyche.
    Because it is just like a person who doesn't want a hug. You hug him/her anyway. He/she will get frustrated. And try to slap you in the mug.

B-Hop will do to 3g what has never happened to the 3g -- tie him up, walk him, talk to him and hit him. And do the same thing again and again. And get the easy win.

Controlling the flow of someone who has never been controlled frustrates the hebejeebeez outta him/her. The person doesn't like to be hugged and slugged. He is to use to jabbin' and stabbin,' pluggin' and muggin.' You take that away from him, he will be lethargic and buggin.'

The old master B-Hop would do da do on 3g. Frustrate him and beat him black and blue. B-Hop's punches would rain on him like fresh-morning dew. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Because it is just like a person who doesn't want a hug. You hug him/her anyway. He/she will get frustrated. And try to slap you in the mug.

B-Hop will do to 3g what has never happened to the 3g -- tie him up, walk him, talk to him and hit him. And do the same thing again and again. And get the easy win.

Controlling the flow of someone who has never been controlled frustrates the hebejeebeez outta him/her. The person doesn't like to be hugged and slugged. He is to use to jabbin' and stabbin,' pluggin' and muggin.' You take that away from him, he will be lethargic and buggin.'

The old master B-Hop would do da do on 3g. Frustrate him and beat him black and blue. B-Hop's punches would rain on him like fresh-morning dew. Holla!
    GGG would not allow it

Advanced Users

He has no way of stopping it. Holla!

Advanced Users

Other then not fighting B-Hop. Because the old master B-Hop is going to clinch and pinch. Then turn and burn. Ride and hide. Slice and dice. Grab and stab. Jab and treat 3g like a rat in the lab. Chop him apart. And take his heart. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Other then not fighting B-Hop. Because the old master B-Hop is going to clinch and pinch. Then turn and burn. Ride and hide. Slice and dice. Grab and stab. Jab and treat 3g like a rat in the lab. Chop him apart. And take his heart. Holla!
    That is exactly what would happen. This is like a prophecy right there. Oh man, I wrote something eerily similar about what he would do to Kovalev. You just did it far more eloquently. LOL.

Just like you say, GGG has no way of stopping it. In fact, I predict the Monday morning papers - should the fight occur - will look something like this:

***Ageless Hopkins Reduces Feared Boxer To Cartoonish Caricature***

Going into the fight, experts predicted The Good Boy would lay waste to The Old Man. Instead, ageless wonder Bernard Hopkins beat young prodigy Gennady Golovkin like he was his daddy.

Painting up yet another boxing masterpiece, Hopkins turned another page in his ever-growing history book as he utterly outclassed a game, but overwhelmed opponent in Golovkin in a dominant 12-round decision that has become par for the course for "The Alien" as Hopkins nears his fifties.

"Don't y'all get it?! I'm an Alien," Hopkins said before quickly digressing. "I eat different foods. It's that inner city guile. Shaytan can't **** with this. I eat Whole Foods. Organic. It's like an odometer. From 1957. NO miles. Straight off the lot. I'm special. I wasn't ever gonna let a white boy beat me. I'm different. Y'all know 2 Chain? I'm 2 Chain. Not saying that I'm different in the different sense. Just saying I'm special. And different."

In what was often an ugly affair, Hopkins dug deep into his veteran bag of trick that continually frustrated the Kazakh star throughout the fight.

As Golovkin would mount an attack, Hopkins would repeatedly tie him up in close, strike his testicles away from the referee while unleashing unconventional, but lethal one-two combinations of the trademark straight right lead with the bald head behind it.

During the short spells when Golovkin tried to set up his offense, the elusive veteran would either be out of the way or in close, pounding away on the rib cage and kidneys of the frustrated phenom.

"Golovkin is a special athlete but the game plan was very, very simple," trainer Naazim Richardson said. "I told X to pop the chain, tip his hat, launch that short Joe Louis with that GOAT behind him - the Billy GOAT."

The game plan worked to perfection. According to the referee, there were eight accidental headbutts in the fight. While each butt left Golovkin marked, neither had any bearing on the outcome. Golovkin looked lethargic throughout the bout as his punch output mysteriously dropped by 150% from his last fight against the best available challenger in Brian Magee.

"Are you serious?" an incredulous Golovkin asked after the fight. "You said this was old man. My promoter lie to me. My trainer lie to me. But he's a good boy. But boring boy too. He teach me valuable lesson today."

What the fight lacked in aesthetic splendor, it more than made up for in drama. Officially boasting a record of 32-0 (29KO), Golovkin, a KO machine with 347 consecutive knockouts, according to promoter Tom Loeffler, was favored to dominate Hopkins.

Following the script, Golovkin charged forward in trademark fashion, looking to corner the old man and unleash his devastating body blows on Hopkins. Each time Golovkin cornered the old wizard, the crowd would erupt in excitement.

Stunningly, instead of succumbing to the knockout power, Hopkins would either spin out or move in close and tag the younger champion with punishing body blows of his own.

"I keep telling y'all, y'all are missing out on something special. A special athlete," Richardson said. "Like I told X, once he get to frustratin', ain't gon' be no gas when he push the pedal. X did the right thing. He needed to give them angles, slide to them sides, hit him with that razor blade and stab him in his heart. You see, a Rubik's Cube ain't sh*t without them colors. Once you take away them colors, what we really got? You got a square that you can turn. And that's what we did."

Round after round, Hopkins took it to Golovkin, who landed combinations and answered every time the Kazakh mustered any kind of offense. By the fifth round, it became obvious Golovkin had virtually no chance to win and by the end, the scorecards were academic: 118-110 times three.

While the Hopkins camp went to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate, mass hysteria broke out on various boxing forums with reports of mass suicides and server breakdowns. Many media members swooned while others joined in a collective act of seppuku harakiri in protest of the outcome.

Guest moderator of top internet boxing forum Thesweetscience.com and former world champion Radam G reported near-fatal fainting on his watch, though he said he didn't understand why the outcome came as such a surprise.

"I told you he would jab, stab and grab all night. B-Hop is one of many pugs -- who's finally getting publicized in modern history -- who could fight into their late years. The game is full of optical illusions! Theatre of the unexpected. B-Hop stealth stabbed his arse to death. And now, GGG is out of breath. Holla!" Radam _____ ______ said.

The former pugilist and now current college professor, gold miner, boxing trainer, movie star and equity trader reported at least five readers were taken to intensive care from shock and/or heartbreak.

Amazingly, in the wake of the victory, many still refused to believe what had taken place.

"He was not going to allow it. It's a fix. It has to be," UK boxing fan Grey Man said. "There's no way GGG would allow Hopkins to do what he did. I'm going to the pub to get me a Guinness."

Poster supreme Brownsugar expressed surprise as well. "Golovkin is no Marcos Maidana who crouches over in a neat hunchback with his elbow pointed to the heavens before dropping a devastating right hand on top of the unprotected skull," the superb poet said. "His offence is more refined, educated. It's like a missel being launched, enhanced by modern technology with the lethal swiftness of a torpedo. I didn't see Hopkins dealing with that though it shouldn't surprise me anymore at this point."

TSS legend The Roast offered a different perspective.

"I passed out," he said. "That's what Hopkinzzz does. He puts me to sleep. By the third round, I was out cold. The only reason I lasted that long was because of my avatar."

In the wake of the sudden shakeup of the boxing landscape, Team 3G now finds themselves going back to the drawing board while many lucrative opportunities await Hopkins instead.

With Hopkins seemingly never running out of seven-figure paydays to collect, one familiar face, who currently rules a familiar division, released an interesting audio statement shortly after the fight.

"Miguel Cotto saw what happened tonight and Miguel Cotto was very impressed," WBC and lineal middleweight champion said. "Bernard is a good fighter and he has earned his position. But he means nothing to me. I would like to taste my victory on him."

"Bring it," Hopkins said. "I'll stomp on his flag again."

With yet another myth busted, the legend lives on.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 07-09-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Unless we are talking of a dream fight, the possibility of GGG facing Bernard Hopkins is the same as Brazil winning the world cup now they're out. Nil. Is this a fantasy forums???

GGG would knock the Alien's big shiny head back into orbit. He'll be way too strong for the old bastard to handle. The same goes for Kovalev.

GGG doesn't struggle with guys that fight in close- that's just fine for him. He'll not allow himself to be tied up for 12 rounds by a 50 year old man. He has trouble against southpaws that fight from range- it takes him a little longer to find the mark and break them down, and he gets hit much more, but he finds them nonetheless.

Hopkins may give GGG trouble for a few early rounds, but sooner or later those heavy hands will start turning the tide. Hopkins doesn't have the powers of recovery that he may have had in his youth. Whether he likes it or not, he'll not be able to keep a young strong guy off him for 12. Not one with the technical skill and mental will of GGG.

I'm assuming this is taking place at 160. As Skibbz says, its a fantasy fight, and it's a fantasy to believe that the Alien is invulnerable.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    GGG would knock the Alien's big shiny head back into orbit. He'll be way too strong for the old bastard to handle. The same goes for Kovalev.
    Hehehe! Funny as heck! But the fight never happens. If it could, it would be close. And at light heavyweight. Three g would be fat ggg and easy pitting. Holla!

I admire what Hopkins has done as much as anybody. But he stands no chance against Golovkin

Hopkins knows as well as anyone that styles make fights. Since his loss to Dawson (a bad style for Hopkins), he has fought Tavoris Cloud, Karo Murat and Beibut Shumenov. All had styles Hopkins could handle and glaring flaws he could expose. Guess who else has a style and flaws that Hopkins can handle. Adonis Stevenson.

Golovkin is a ferocious puncher. We all know that. But he is also a very skilled fighter. Golovkin knows how to set up his punches. He possesses an excellent jab that when it lands has the effect of a power punch. And may be the most dedicated body puncher in the sport. If the fight does get into the middle to late rounds, his constant body assault takes the steam from his opponents punches, takes their legs and eventually breaks them down completely.

Golovkin does not any glaring flaws the fighter above, including Stevenson, have inside the ring.

I just don't think Hopkins at his age could stand in with Golovkin. And honestly, its not a fight I'd really like to see happen.