English Español
Advertisement
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    @Deep. Didn't watch it. DR said Gamboa hurt him late in the fight. Was it no big deal, or was there a window?
    Gamboa did hurt him. I think that's what did Gamboa in. Instead of boxing smart and using his footwork like he did earlier he went for the kill and got caught again and again while he was off balance. If Gamboa played defense for a round or two who knows. He got pissed about slipping around the ring and went super aggressive.
    That snake 50 cent was no where to be seen after the fight. I thought mayweather Sr. was brought in to work on defense but I guess that wasn't true. Very exciting fight .

  2. #52
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,204

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Gamboa had too many liabilities heading into this fight.

    No matter how physically gifted a fighter is, every athlete' abilities are subject to errosion when they're not exercised regularly.

    Gamboa was as sharp as a boxer can be for only having two fights in two and a half years.
    He's one of those fighters who is so physically gifted in addition to being endowed with a plethora skill sets ..... even if he drops a notch in his ability to execute, his deep resevior of talent is usually enough to carry him to victory.

    On the other hand boxing is not just a physical game. The mental process of strategic warfare can be as rigorous as a game of chess.

    At the highest level, boxing is always a game of chess and the participants must be willing to invest in the intelligence gathering process of synthesizing the data received and applying it in real time.

    This is where Crawford excels. Even though he's not the most physically gifted fighter he more than makes up for any deficit in athletic ability with his ability to strategize and focus on the inevitable middle and end game.

    People call it heart... courage... or guts when Gamboa goes into a slugging spree.
    And sometime " no strategy " can actually be part of a greater strategy if a boxer goes buck wild, standing toe-to-toe unexpectedly during key moments when going crazy actually works.

    But to me its more like throwing a tantrum. First he started looking at the canvas repeatedly as if to blame the soggy swamplike surface as a reason for getting hit ..... to following Crawford, hands down, in an emotionally charged attempt to get even in the hopes of landing a hail Mary.

    This is not boxing.
    Its fighting.

    You don't fight a man who is out-boxing you with ease.

    Crawford had difficulty with the slippery canvas as well. But he internalized it rather than acknowledge to the enemy that he was having any issues. The mental pressure Crawford applied was as critical as his sharp southpaw jab and his body assault.

    In a fit rage Gamboa discarded his technical ability in exchange for the opportunity to go out in a brief blaze of glory.

    If Gamboa would have just kept his cool, ...... took the time and made the effort to pick his shots and wait for the openings....it would have been a less exciting fight but he could have potentially edged Crawford out.

    Instead Gamboa lost his composure and went straight from using plan "a" (boxing) to plan "d" (slugging).

    Unless Gamboa makes an effort to focus on his boxing skills and not losing composure, his career is going to continue to be a disappointment.
    T-Craw had none of the slips. That canvas was a home-cooking design to give T-Craw the edge. And he knew it from the get go. You have ice skaters in Omaha, but none in Cuba. T-Craw knows all about ice skating and faking a slip or two. It is call feinting and setting a trap. Dude has probably been hanging out at the ice-skating ring in Omaha his own life.

    I didn't just jump off the turnip wagon. The canvas is the first thing that good mangers and trainers check or design for an edge. T-Craw had a wonderful designer. And TsOTT was in full effect.

    I wanna see T-Craw put a beat down like that on da G-Cuban outside of Omaha, Neb. in a boxing ring instead of an ice ring. I know what time it is. That was a darn ice ring perpetrating a fraud of a squared jungle. Hehehe!

    No optical illusions will impress me. T-Craw is darn good. But he got assistance from local corruption. Holla!

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Gamboa had too many liabilities heading into this fight.

    No matter how physically gifted a fighter is, every athlete' abilities are subject to errosion when they're not exercised regularly.

    Gamboa was as sharp as a boxer can be for only having two fights in two and a half years.
    He's one of those fighters who is so physically gifted in addition to being endowed with a plethora skill sets ..... even if he drops a notch in his ability to execute, his deep resevior of talent is usually enough to carry him to victory.

    On the other hand boxing is not just a physical game. The mental process of strategic warfare can be as rigorous as a game of chess.

    At the highest level, boxing is always a game of chess and the participants must be willing to invest in the intelligence gathering process of synthesizing the data received and applying it in real time.

    This is where Crawford excels. Even though he's not the most physically gifted fighter he more than makes up for any deficit in athletic ability with his ability to strategize and focus on the inevitable middle and end game.

    People call it heart... courage... or guts when Gamboa goes into a slugging spree.
    And sometime " no strategy " can actually be part of a greater strategy if a boxer goes buck wild, standing toe-to-toe unexpectedly during key moments when going crazy actually works.

    But to me its more like throwing a tantrum. First he started looking at the canvas repeatedly as if to blame the soggy swamplike surface as a reason for getting hit ..... to following Crawford, hands down, in an emotionally charged attempt to get even in the hopes of landing a hail Mary.

    This is not boxing.
    Its fighting.

    You don't fight a man who is out-boxing you with ease.

    Crawford had difficulty with the slippery canvas as well. But he internalized it rather than acknowledge to the enemy that he was having any issues. The mental pressure Crawford applied was as critical as his sharp southpaw jab and his body assault.

    In a fit rage Gamboa discarded his technical ability in exchange for the opportunity to go out in a brief blaze of glory.

    If Gamboa would have just kept his cool, ...... took the time and made the effort to pick his shots and wait for the openings....it would have been a less exciting fight but he could have potentially edged Crawford out.

    Instead Gamboa lost his composure and went straight from using plan "a" (boxing) to plan "d" (slugging).

    Unless Gamboa makes an effort to focus on his boxing skills and not losing composure, his career is going to continue to be a disappointment.
    Gamboa was used to as a pro being in control. When opponents saw this speed, they tended to go into a shell and stop throwing fearing what would come back. When Gamboa dominated early, he thought he had Crawford and Crawford was going to go into that shell to allow Gamboa to coast.

    But Crawford adjusted to Gamboa's speed, made an adjustment himself going southpaw and starting exposing some of Gamboa's defensive weaknesses. But what Gamboa could not get over was the fact that a fighter actually started fighting harder after seeing his speed and tasting his punches. Gamboa did not know how to respond and started just winging bombs hoping one would land. He could not believe someone kept pressing and throwing after seeing his speed and power.

    Crawford beat Gamboa up mentally before putting the final physical beatdown on him inside the ring.

  4. #54
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,204

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    Gamboa was used to as a pro being in control. When opponents saw this speed, they tended to go into a shell and stop throwing fearing what would come back. When Gamboa dominated early, he thought he had Crawford and Crawford was going to go into that shell to allow Gamboa to coast.

    But Crawford adjusted to Gamboa's speed, made an adjustment himself going southpaw and starting exposing some of Gamboa's defensive weaknesses. But what Gamboa could not get over was the fact that a fighter actually started fighting harder after seeing his speed and tasting his punches. Gamboa did not know how to respond and started just winging bombs hoping one would land. He could not believe someone kept pressing and throwing after seeing his speed and power.

    Crawford beat Gamboa up mentally before putting the final physical beatdown on him inside the ring.
    True dat! He mentally beat him up with the help of the slipping canvas and Gamboa's ring rust. I'm not buying this Superman image of T-Craw.

    T-Craw was also very vulnerable to many situations that the G-Cuban couldn't exploit because of ones of the oldest tricks of the trades -- adjusting the ring's canvas and/or the ropes to be adverse to your opponent.

    Ask "Big" (Rev.) George Foreman about Team GOAT Ali back in da day of "The Rumble in The Jungle? Holla!

  5. #55

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    It must be said that Gamboa, late in the fight, sensed Crawford was vulnerable and then when he believed he had Crawford hurt he simply rushed in (like an amateur) not only with his hands down - but he didn’t consider defence at all, and that was after being knocked down earlier (and effectively shown he was open and vulnerable).

    Ismael, whom I think was back in his corner for the fight, will be deeply embarrassed about that.

    At his level he should have those things ironed out, and I certainly based my prediction on him doing that.

    Very disappointing to see him lose like that.

  6. #56
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Thanks Deep.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,562

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    It must be said that Gamboa, late in the fight, sensed Crawford was vulnerable and then when he believed he had Crawford hurt he simply rushed in (like an amateur) not only with his hands down - but he didn’t consider defence at all, and that was after being knocked down earlier (and effectively shown he was open and vulnerable).

    Ismael, whom I think was back in his corner for the fight, will be deeply embarrassed about that.

    At his level he should have those things ironed out, and I certainly based my prediction on him doing that.

    Very disappointing to see him lose like that.
    I agree Storm I picked up on Gamboa's right hand coming back near his waist in like round 3 and I told my girl mark my words he is gonna get caught in just a matter of time.

    What was impressive out of Gamboa despite some flaws and TC beating him up was Gamboa's heart.

    The more hurt he got the more aggressive and determined he got to fight fire with fire. Sure he should have

    D'd up more, but Gamboa showed he has heart, and balls for fighting back with fury.


    Get Gamboa a fight in four months, iron out that rust and I would love to see these two again down the road.

    It was a great fight, very entertaining and intense.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,562

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    T-Craw had none of the slips. That canvas was a home-cooking design to give T-Craw the edge. And he knew it from the get go. You have ice skaters in Omaha, but none in Cuba. T-Craw knows all about ice skating and faking a slip or two. It is call feinting and setting a trap. Dude has probably been hanging out at the ice-skating ring in Omaha his own life.

    I didn't just jump off the turnip wagon. The canvas is the first thing that good mangers and trainers check or design for an edge. T-Craw had a wonderful designer. And TsOTT was in full effect.

    I wanna see T-Craw put a beat down like that on da G-Cuban outside of Omaha, Neb. in a boxing ring instead of an ice ring. I know what time it is. That was a darn ice ring perpetrating a fraud of a squared jungle. Hehehe!

    No optical illusions will impress me. T-Craw is darn good. But he got assistance from local corruption. Holla!

    I remember saying out loud I hope Gamboa doesnt roll an ankle on that canvas, he was all over the place for a few rounds, the Ref should have called time and brought out a damn mop

  9. #59
    Advanced Users
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,204

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by amayseng View Post
    I remember saying out loud I hope Gamboa doesnt roll an ankle on that canvas, he was all over the place for a few rounds, the Ref should have called time and brought out a damn mop
    The Gamboa corner or 50¢ should have complained. The ref has to be urged. The canvas was soft, soggy and bouncy. It was deliverly designed that way to get a slugfest. And not a dance contest.

    Plus, Gamboa was rusty and not at his best. All the Nebraska powers that be were that T-Craw would get the conquest. Holla!

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,562

    Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

    Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    The Gamboa corner or 50¢ should have complained. The ref has to be urged. The canvas was soft, soggy and bouncy. It was deliverly designed that way to get a slugfest. And not a dance contest.

    Plus, Gamboa was rusty and not at his best. All the Nebraska powers that be were that T-Craw would get the conquest. Holla!
    Yep, that is the corner's job

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •