English Español
Advertisement
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

Re: I might go out on a limb and pick gamboa

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    For the record, I am going Crawford by decision though a late stoppage would not surprise me.

Crawford's not only quick and athletic but just so much more technically sound than Gamboa. I think things arn't going to go Gamboa's way early and he will not know how to adjust to Crawford's speed and better skill. Personally, I see Crawford putting on a very dominant performance.
    If I am wrong with my pick and Crawford pulls it out Crawford then moves up to 140. Algeiri vs Crawford?

For the record, I am going Crawford by decision though a late stoppage would not surprise me.

Crawford's not only quick and athletic but just so much more technically sound than Gamboa. I think things arn't going to go Gamboa's way early and he will not know how to adjust to Crawford's speed and better skill. Personally, I see Crawford putting on a very dominant performance.
    That's what I've always imagined happening Oubob, however if we see the Gamboa that fought Salido, things could easily go differently.

Having two guys, so athletic, so skilled, in the ring together- anything can happen.

I always like to make a prediction though, so I'll back Crawford for a UD.

Administrator

I'm on the other side of this one OU. The more skilled guy in the ring will be the Cuban. If there's a stoppage, it's the Cuban getting Crawford out of there.

What a sensational fight. I got my pick wrong but who cares.

Heart by both guys. For the first four rounds I was feeling confident in my prediction , YG showed boxing skill ,power, and footwork. Crawford looked unable to keep up with the smaller man. Crawford made an adjustment and Bam! The fight changes.
    Crawford was hurt ,held his ground and closed the show.
    YG should of kept Mayweather sr as a trainer for his defensive technique .
    Oh well. I lost my prediction but boxing won tonight. Good job Bud . Keep your head up Gamboa.
    TC vs Algieri next.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by Shoulder Roll Defense View Post
    As many of you know, I have been high on TC for quite some time. He isn't a gold medalist, but he defeated some very good amateurs in Danny Garcia and Mikey Garcia. Crawford wins this fight by unanimous decision. More times than not, "a good big man beats a good little man." Crawford has the size advantage and just as much skill as Gamboa. He will fight tall behind his jab and switch from orthodox to southpaw consistently on Saturday. Gamboa will be in trouble if he didn't get quality sparring against southpaws because Crawford is just as effective fighting out the southpaw stance as he is the orthodox stance. The kid has pound for pound talent and the world will take notice on Saturday.
    Good thing that T-Craw didn't follow your plan. He pursued Gamboa and fought him small, as I predicted. Size once again didn't matter. Skills pay the bills. Not fighting what myths claim.

T-Craw would have lost going backward and doing a lot of silly tall-man moving.

A forward bumrush and pressue cooking got him the edge. Good win for T-Craw. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 06-29-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Holy Moly.

Cudos to all that got it right.

I was wrong. I certainly thought Gamboa would get this one.

Administrator

Well that was certainly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Well that was certainly expensive.
    Yes it was. After a few rounds went by and Crawford turned southpaw and got tagged I said it was money in the bank. Went outside for a minute ,came back in and I knew the whole thing just went belly up. Gamboa and his cojones put it all on the line and was too risky.

Administrator

@Deep. Didn't watch it. DR said Gamboa hurt him late in the fight. Was it no big deal, or was there a window?

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Yes it was. After a few rounds went by and Crawford turned southpaw and got tagged I said it was money in the bank. Went outside for a minute ,came back in and I knew the whole thing just went belly up. Gamboa and his cojones put it all on the line and was too risky.
    Exactly.

I was thinking – perhaps hoping - that Gamboa would (call on his superior skills and experience and) address his defensive issues; so that there was a clear advantage for him.

Instead he turned out to be what I predicted for Crawford, who must on top of the world with this win, and streak.