English Español
Advertisement
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner - A Problem?

Administrator

Re: Adrien Broner - A Problem?

@Shadow. 1-10 is 10-100.

AB has been given every possible advantage and he still hasn't looked incredible. I'm trying to help you. Abort. You're trying to argue a very good fighter into a great fighter category. I could give you better fighters to work with. Stop, or at some point you'll be posting under the name moonbeam, or something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    @Shadow. 1-10 is 10-100.

AB has been given every possible advantage and he still hasn't looked incredible. I'm trying to help you. Abort. You're trying to argue a very good fighter into a great fighter category. I could give you better fighters to work with. Stop, or at some point you'll be posting under the name moonbeam, or something or other.
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. 1-10 or 10-100. I took the 10% and applied it to the hundreds because 2% out 10 don't make a whole number.

In other words, his interest level is so extreme, basic decimal metrics don't apply. LOL.

And no, I am not trying to argue he is a great fighter. If so the then we're missing the point. At no point did I call him great.

But he's not as bad as he's being written off to be. Especially considering -- in spite of how he may have done it -- he's accomplished something only other greats have. And I see the exact same asterisks with them as I see with him.

It may be an empty feat many others will duplicate a few years from now. But as of now, it's a select few. That doesn't mean I'm trying to argue he's a great fighter.

I keep saying I'm completely indifferent towards him. I think he's obnoxious, especially when he fights. When I study his sparring or fights, I mute him because his grunts sound like a chihuahua and his sh*t-talking is annoying.

I don't mind a loudmouth; he's just irksome. He'll go "you can't hit me" after he takes one flush.

Judging from this thread, you should be liking him a lot, though! 2% reply-to-view ratio is insane. Just compare with the other high-scoring threads. (That is world-class empirical data right there.)

Like I said, as far as his arsenal goes, he's got some elite stuff in his bag of tricks that I have yet to see anyone comment on that.

LOL no worries, I won't be posting under names like Moonlight and stuff. Unless, of course, The Shadow would cease to exist.

9 out of 10 posts about Broner are posts just to say how much of a bonehead he is. Those same people will not pay to watch him get beat up because that already happened against MM. Gavin Rees ,Ponce and Paulie already exposed him. No more Broner until he gets a decent win please.

Why don't you just enlighten us Shadow..

Sure AB is a very well practised fighter but it doesn't translate well when it matters. The guy wants the fame before the glory and hence he's already got it wrong. Whether he has elite stuff, whatever that eludes to, or not doesn't matter because it's rarely on display, and if it is it's against a tomato-CAN or a road sweeper.

When we see him against a real beast in the 140 or 147 division, regardless of that fighters style we will hopefully catch a glimpse of who Broner truly is. Once you boil away all the nonsense he puts on show will you get to the facts, whether he has it to compete at the highest level or not. So far, I believe he doesn't and he hasn't proven me wrong.

A beam of bright light has been cast on The Shadow, it is time we heard what this elite stuff Broner has that only you seem to be able to see!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. 1-10 or 10-100. I took the 10% and applied it to the hundreds because 2% out 10 don't make a whole number.

In other words, his interest level is so extreme, basic decimal metrics don't apply. LOL.

And no, I am not trying to argue he is a great fighter. If so the then we're missing the point. At no point did I call him great.

But he's not as bad as he's being written off to be. Especially considering -- in spite of how he may have done it -- he's accomplished something only other greats have. And I see the exact same asterisks with them as I see with him.

It may be an empty feat many others will duplicate a few years from now. But as of now, it's a select few. That doesn't mean I'm trying to argue he's a great fighter.

I keep saying I'm completely indifferent towards him. I think he's obnoxious, especially when he fights. When I study his sparring or fights, I mute him because his grunts sound like a chihuahua and his sh*t-talking is annoying.

I don't mind a loudmouth; he's just irksome. He'll go "you can't hit me" after he takes one flush.

Judging from this thread, you should be liking him a lot, though! 2% reply-to-view ratio is insane. Just compare with the other high-scoring threads. (That is world-class empirical data right there.)

Like I said, as far as his arsenal goes, he's got some elite stuff in his bag of tricks that I have yet to see anyone comment on that.

LOL no worries, I won't be posting under names like Moonlight and stuff. Unless, of course, The Shadow would cease to exist.
    Hahaha make your mind up Shadow- one minute he's going to be a 5 division champ and top 5 p4p, the next he's no good, and then he's got an 'elite bag of tricks' again!

I agree with Skibbz- it's time for you to give up the goods and break down Broner. You're his main proponent among the community here- you should start a new thread on him and give us a nice analysis of his pros and cons.

I've said what I think of his skills- now over to you.

Broner is far from great but his greatest strength is having AL haymon stack the deck in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Hahaha make your mind up Shadow- one minute he's going to be a 5 division champ and top 5 p4p, the next he's no good, and then he's got an 'elite bag of tricks' again!

I agree with Skibbz- it's time for you to give up the goods and break down Broner. You're his main proponent among the community here- you should start a new thread on him and give us a nice analysis of his pros and cons.

I've said what I think of his skills- now over to you.
    How exactly am I all over the place? Don't put words in my mouth dude. I'm quite offended by that statement. Especially coming from you.

SMFH.

I am clearly SEPARATING the PERSON from the BOXER. Obnoxious PERSON. Good BOXER. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp? If you're trying to find ammo to come at me, you gotta try a little harder than just grabbing stuff out of thin air.

You say I'm his chief supporter? Hardly. I'm one of the few who doesn't speak with bias on the issue.

@Skibbz, I'm not trying to "enlighten" anybody. All I did was pose the question, "what does he do well?" You actually listed some objectively but as it invariably does, it quickly degenerated into bashing the guy again.
    Last edited by The Shadow; 06-26-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Shadow I think these guys just want you to talk about the bag of tricks you see in him. Why do you think he will be p4P? Most guys do not see anything special about him what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    How exactly am I all over the place? Don't put words in my mouth dude. I'm quite offended by that statement. Especially coming from you.

SMFH.

I am clearly SEPARATING the PERSON from the BOXER. Obnoxious PERSON. Good BOXER. Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp? If you're trying to find ammo to come at me, you gotta try a little harder than just grabbing stuff out of thin air.

You say I'm his chief supporter? Hardly. I'm one of the few who doesn't speak with bias on the issue.

@Skibbz, I'm not trying to "enlighten" anybody. All I did was pose the question, "what does he do well?" You actually listed some objectively but as it invariably does, it quickly degenerated into bashing the guy again.

I don't have to put up with you guys trying to belittle me for stating facts and offering an assessment of his boxing ability. Just like you guys do. WTF!

It's so childish. As the Mod you shouldn't lower yourself to such pathetic behavior. I'm honestly disgusted.
    Hahaha I'm sorry you took it the wrong way Shadow, it just sounded like you'd have something interesting to say when it came to an analysis. We were just asking you to offer your breakdown... I think Skibbz and I just wanted to hear your opinion, since we've offered ours and you've held us in suspense for so long.

Stay cool Shadow, it's just some light hearted boxing discussion, nobody's having a dig at you personally