English Español
Advertisement
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner - A Problem?

Administrator

Re: Adrien Broner - A Problem?

Crudely indecent.
    Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.
    Marked by a lack of good breeding; boorish. See synonyms at common.
    Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious: the huge vulgar houses and cars of the newly rich.

Remindja of anyone?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    He can't have Haymon sort him a path around them forever.
    Unless of course he becomes a six-time champion! Then it won't matter how he got there! (Where's the sarcastic button on this keyboard thingy?).

Advanced Users

I was trying to stay outta da mix, but I have to protect my idols' nine and six. "Domestic abuse" is a paradoxical slogan/term/whatever that is used to many times for a buzz of domestic jive of exaggeration. And it is mostly slanted toward men beating da hebejeebeez outta women.

Well! GOAT Ali and Rev. (Big) George were not women beaters. They were just women eaters. Hehehe! Women went upside their heads and broke their heats. And tried to break their pocket books.

The GOAT and the Rev. couldn't match the late, great SRR with a batch of a thousand-and-one stank hos. Now enough of that. I have to bite off the Commish, and steal his label of Bonehead -- I mean Broner -- and roll.

"Unforgivable Immaturity" could not have carried the spit bucket for "Unforgivable Blackness."

With that said, A-Bron is an idiot, not a racist. He hasn't done or said anything racist. He is just "Da Can Man." The bozo of our time.

"Anybody CAN get summm [$¡¢]," is his call in the wild world of whup @$$. "Ur Amer'Man, Afri'Can, Dominee'can, Porda'ri'Can, Messi'Can...Dey all CAN! Cause I'm da CAN man!"

Let the dude be "Da Problem" and "Da Can Man."

Smithy, an American trainer over here in the P-Islands tells me "the theatre of the unexpected" grapevine is buzzing about sneak talks being underway for A-Bron dancing with Big Apple C-Al. Now that will be a fight to see. The highly academic educated New Yorker taking on the Cincinnati ex-convict " Da Can Man."

I bet this fight will never be made. Another wild rumor. Dang wild rumors make better imaginery matches than the real dawgs.

Whatever happened to TSS FighterforJC. Dude used to post computer matches up in this Universe. All at once, he acted like an atom and splitted. Holla!

Administrator

@Rad. He made some crazy comment how some journalists should be murdered, or have something or other slashed, if I recall correctly. He was asked to apologize for that very unChristianlike (Very Crusades Christianlike?) remark, refused to and was booted.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    @Rad. He made some crazy comment how some journalists should be murdered, or have something or other slashed, if I recall correctly. He was asked to apologize for that very unChristianlike (Very Crusades Christianlike?) remark, refused to and was booted.
    He was being hyperbolic. Hehehe! Dude is mildly trifling in comparison to how those of Amerkano Fox TV journalists get down about Prez O and anybody else they hate or have difference with.

A-Bron is an impulsive clown with a personality disorder. And he is not in a mental ward or the slammer because he is a money-producing machine -- not a wrecking one. He is a good laugh, not a mass or serial killer. Or even a dropshot. And he is bringing mad paychecks to fighters who would never get that type of money.

He and Chris Algeiri can pull off a Sonny Liston-Floyd Patterson-like first. The first time that both fighters got a purse of over a million dollars a piece fighting one another in the light welterweight division. The 140lbs division has not been a mint division for pugs.

Only four or five fighters have truthfully made million-dollar purses fighting at 140lbs. As the old timers say and said: "It ain't no glamour division of money making."

Even the late, great "Homicide Hank" passed it by. And holla at Roberto Duran, Sugar Shane Mosley and not-to-long-ago Robert "The Cali Ghost" Guerrero And A-Bone, himself. They zoomed by that division for higher money. They all followed the money. And and all da ev'ybodee and dey momma will be following the moolah-making bozo A-Bron. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Crudely indecent.
    Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.
    Marked by a lack of good breeding; boorish. See synonyms at common.
    Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious: the huge vulgar houses and cars of the newly rich.

Remindja of anyone?
    Sounds like something straight out of the mouth of Howard Cosell. As Muhammad Ali once said after Cosell let loose with with of his bombastic verbal soliloquies, "If that means I'm pretty, Howard, then you're right!"

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    I was trying to stay outta da mix, but I have to protect my idols' nine and six. "Domestic abuse" is a paradoxical slogan/term/whatever that is used to many times for a buzz of domestic jive of exaggeration. And it is mostly slanted toward men beating da hebejeebeez outta women.

Well! GOAT Ali and Rev. (Big) George were not women beaters. They were just women eaters. Hehehe! Women went upside their heads and broke their heats. And tried to break their pocket books.

The GOAT and the Rev. couldn't match the late, great SRR with a batch of a thousand-and-one stank hos. Now enough of that. I have to bite off the Commish, and steal his label of Bonehead -- I mean Broner -- and roll.

"Unforgivable Immaturity" could not have carried the spit bucket for "Unforgivable Blackness."

With that said, A-Bron is an idiot, not a racist. He hasn't done or said anything racist. He is just "Da Can Man." The bozo of our time.

"Anybody CAN get summm [$¡¢]," is his call in the wild world of whup @$$. "Ur Amer'Man, Afri'Can, Dominee'can, Porda'ri'Can, Messi'Can...Dey all CAN! Cause I'm da CAN man!"

Let the dude be "Da Problem" and "Da Can Man."

Smithy, an American trainer over here in the P-Islands tells me "the theatre of the unexpected" grapevine is buzzing about sneak talks being underway for A-Bron dancing with Big Apple C-Al. Now that will be a fight to see. The highly academic educated New Yorker taking on the Cincinnati ex-convict " Da Can Man."

I bet this fight will never be made. Another wild rumor. Dang wild rumors make better imaginery matches than the real dawgs.

Whatever happened to TSS FighterforJC. Dude used to post computer matches up in this Universe. All at once, he acted like an atom and splitted. Holla!

C-Al v Adrien Broner. Hmm. Interesting. When I had C-Al on the show two days after his upset over Ruslan Provodnikov, we had talked about him fighting Manny Pacquiao in Macau. There was no mention of C-Al facing "The Problem."

Gonna' have to give him a call.

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    Thanks for your response Commish... I have the utmost respect for you and all the posters on the TSS regardless of our differences in opinion.
    You don't strike me as someone who is a racist and I hope my post didn't make you feel that way.

I knew my comments might ruffle a few feathers and I view that as healthy interaction.

Yet I don't feel I was being disrespectful..

if this were another site and I had just stepped in to browse the comments...... and viewed the language, syntax and raw vitriolic hatred being used towards a fighter whose only crime is using profanity on TV... being sexually indiscriminate and being misguided/immature (among other petty things of this nature) I would have thought I logged onto a hate group.

And that's OK we are all entitled to voice our opinions.
    I did reference some things some things that may have seemed uncomfortable to hear at first.

But that's not the end result or sole reason for my post.

I wrote it to share my perspective.

Both Ali and Robinson were involved in domestic abuse. But its not what we remember them for. Everybody knows someone who went to jail...but we don't say welcome home thug ...when they come home.

Jake lamotta , Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston, George Forman, Ron Lyle, Monzon, Duran... ... These guys were real thugs ...all bad seeds who used boxing as a way to obtain a better life.

Its common knowledge that a large percentage of fighters had their brush with the law but we don't lynch them in the court of public opinion. Or label them by some crime they committed before they got on the right path.

I'm not asking to censor criticism... We know Broner is a hot mess.....But with all of the great minds on this site where is the perspective???

Without it ......it might as well be the early in 1900's again when Jack Johnson fought for the title.
    Actually, I loved your post, Brownsugar. That's what good journalism does: it evokes a response. Yours certainly did. Keep 'em coming.

As for thugs, I can write a book entitled, "Great Fighters Acting Bad." I'd fill three volumes!

Enjoy the fights tonight. I'm sure we will have a lot to be punching in tomorrow!

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    Actually, I loved your post, Brownsugar. That's what good journalism does: it evokes a response. Yours certainly did. Keep 'em coming.

As for thugs, I can write a book entitled, "Great Fighters Acting Bad." I'd fill three volumes!

Enjoy the fights tonight. I'm sure we will have a lot to be punching in tomorrow!

-Randy G.
    Thanks...you as well.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
    C-Al v Adrien Broner. Hmm. Interesting. When I had C-Al on the show two days after his upset over Ruslan Provodnikov, we had talked about him fighting Manny Pacquiao in Macau. There was no mention of C-Al facing "The Problem."

Gonna' have to give him a call.

-Randy G.
    The grapevine is buzzing. And it is in the same red-light district of our seedy, shady, sleazy, sneaky sport. And you know a lot of time, the fighters are the last to know about negotiations.

It would not surprise me if C-Al and A-Bron haven't heard a word.

BTW, I meant to holla at your show last week. But I got the USA mainland-P-Islands's times difference jived up. We are 12 hours ahead of you U.S. East Coast mainlanders.I got you jived up with the U.S. West Coast and called three hours late. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 06-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.