English Español
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Dawson is ready for the second chapter of his career

Re: Chad Dawson is ready for the second chapter of his career

Chad is going to have to make a lot of changes and adjustments: In his training, in his outlook and in his attitude towards those around him and towards the media.

Certainly, Dawson's comeback fight will not be any indicator. We'll just have to wait until He faces some "live" opposition.

-Randy G.

Every time I see a picture of Chad I just have an image of him KO'd. I can't help it and it although it may not represent him as a fighter, his chin has come under scrutiny and did not pass the test. I see the KO in his eyes....

Dawson was mentally fragile coming into that Stevenson fight. He'd just been taking apart by Andre Ward. He seemingly had a multitude of excuses and was blaming everyone else but himself for what happened in the ring.

Then came the one punch KO at the hands of Stevenson. So the question now is where is Dawson mentally heading into this next stage of his career.

We may know a little more Saturday if not a lot more. Talent wise, he is an excellent boxer who possesses speed and skill coming from a southpaw stance. If somehow he can be rebuilt, well he has a chance to make some noise at Light Heavyweight.

But can he be rebuilt? I am not sure but we will find out soon enough.

Dawson is in a tough spot. There isn't much to gain for any of the divisions big names by fighting Chad. He's already been KOed in his last two fights. Dawson may have to drop down to the ESPN level and take on a young undefeated fighter in his hometown. Try to get on a roll before looking for title fights and big money.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Every time I see a picture of Chad I just have an image of him KO'd. I can't help it and it although it may not represent him as a fighter, his chin has come under scrutiny and did not pass the test. I see the KO in his eyes....
    Lol I was thinking something similar!! I'm looking at him and I do not like what I see. I see the KO in his eyes too. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Lol I was thinking something similar!! I'm looking at him and I do not like what I see. I see the KO in his eyes too. Haha.
    Yes he has that certain look doesn't he? If you expect to be KO'd....

Well really have to wonder after the weigh in how seriously Dawson is taking this fight or his career. He came in at 182 and lets just say did not look very cut. Not a good way to start the road back...

This is a nice comeback fight for "Bad" Chad. He needs perhaps a few "confidence builders" like this fight.

George Blades is just not sharp enough to beat Chad Dawson. He was diced by Jean Pascal & pounded on by Jose Luis Herrera & Zsolt Erdei. Dawson should have the same easy time with him.

This is a nice step back for Dawson. By no means, though, is it a barometer of how much he has it together mentally.

-Randy G.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Yes he has that certain look doesn't he? If you expect to be KO'd....
    Did you see how he looked on the scale? UGH! I'm gonna find a before/after shot...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast