English Español
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OMFG! Whaddup With Stanks --I Mean Yanks -- Joining The Jihad of Terrorists?

Re: OMFG! Whaddup With Stanks --I Mean Yanks -- Joining The Jihad of Terrorists?

I spent some time over there...I don't even know where to start.

Most of us are very lucky to live in places where these acts of barbarity are almost incomprehensible. But Iraq was not always like this. I'll tell you what. It doesn't take much for the veneer of civilization to be torn away. Decent men start to behave like savages. Cruelty becomes the norm...

Things fall apart, the center cannot hold..

I remember a meeting in Babil. A senior DoD official was talking to a group of local women. Shiite. About 200 people. He asked them how many had lost a loved one, a son, brother, husband or father, to Saddam...nearly every hand in the room went up. Saddam's intelligence services would kidnap a man, torture him to death, and the dump his body in front of his own front door. When his relatives would go out to collect the body, they would be shot by snipers positioned down the street. So the bodies would just sit in front of the house, rotting in the sun.

This would drive any person mad.

The whole country is filled with people who have lived like this for more than a generation. We cannot comprehend what it is like.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled with passionate intensity...

I pray for the families of the hostages.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Advanced Users

Re: OMFG! Whaddup With Stanks --I Mean Yanks -- Joining The Jihad of Terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
    I spent some time over there...I don't even know where to start.

Most of us are very lucky to live in places where these acts of barbarity are almost incomprehensible. But Iraq was not always like this. I'll tell you what. It doesn't take much for the veneer of civilization to be torn away. Decent men start to behave like savages. Cruelty becomes the norm...

Things fall apart, the center cannot hold..

I remember a meeting in Babil. A senior DoD official was talking to a group of local women. Shiite. About 200 people. He asked them how many had lost a loved one, a son, brother, husband or father, to Saddam...nearly every hand in the room went up. Saddam's intelligence services would kidnap a man, torture him to death, and the dump his body in front of his own front door. When his relatives would go out to collect the body, they would be shot by snipers positioned down the street. So the bodies would just sit in front of the house, rotting in the sun.

This would drive any person mad.

The whole country is filled with people who have lived like this for more than a generation. We cannot comprehend what it is like.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are filled with passionate intensity...

I pray for the families of the hostages.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
    Informative copy and nice poem. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Radam G View Post
    Informative copy and nice poem. Holla!
    Thanks RG. It's The Second Coming, WB Yeats. Originally written in the aftermath of the First World War, but it felt so applicable to Iraq. BS's post about the roots of the conflict brought it back to mind.

Full piece is here:
    http://www.potw.org/archive/potw351.html

Advanced Users

Thanks RG. It's The Second Coming, WB Yeats. Originally written in the aftermath of the First World War, but it felt so applicable to Iraq. BS's post about the roots of the conflict brought it back to mind.

Full piece is here:
    Thanks for the whole poem.

Wow! But I have to say that the scumbag ISIS is worse than the Nazis. Wow! Did you see how the sickos burn that Jordanian pilot alive? SAD! SAD! Just SAD! Holla!

Advanced Users

The ISILites are dying like roaches sprayed by RAID. The terrorist crackpots brought it on themselves. Holla!

Full piece is here:
    Yeats is a brilliant poet, I must admit I'm not a massive fan of poetry but Yeats is special.

Thanks for sharing what you said, mere anarchy has been loosed upon the world indeed.

Advanced Users

Just imagine the scumbag ISIS would even cut off the head of the "Greatest Of All Times" Muhammad Ali. And this is because ISIS does consider The Sufi sect -- what GOAT Ali is a part of -- to be real Muslims. Holla!
    Last edited by Radam G; 05-28-2015 at 08:10 PM.