English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Ivan Calderon attended the IBHOF as a visitor this time but he expects to go back as an inductee

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Ivan Calderon attended the IBHOF as a visitor this time but he expects to go back as an inductee

Re: Ivan Calderon attended the IBHOF as a visitor this time but he expects to go back as an inductee

I enjoyed meeting, interviewing, and becoming friends with this sensational former champion. He was an incredibly gifted fighter who--in my mind--is a lock for induction when his time arrives. He could box and he could rumble. He made something like 18 title defenses.

I look forward to sitting proudly in the crowd when the day comes that this outstanding young man is enshrined alongside the greats in boxing history.

-Randy G.

Re: Ivan Calderon attended the IBHOF as a visitor this time but he expects to go back as an inductee

I was also fortunate enough to meet Calderon at the Hall of Fame. He was very personable with all the fans that approached him that weekend. I walked away very impressed with him as a person.

His career is not talked about enough. He was a ring technician and a fighter admired by many purists, myself included. Because of the weight class he fought at, he was never really given the full recognition for his accomplishments as I think he deserved.

Calderon is unquestionably a future Hall of Famer.