English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The da Vinci 2014 World Cup Challenge 'Select the Winner & Enjoy a Dinner'

Re: The da Vinci 2014 World Cup Challenge 'Select the Winner & Enjoy a Dinner'

That was a heart breaker to say the least. At guess its another four year wait for us US soccer fans.

All these games are being decided late. Its crazy, the WC started off with tons of goals now its more late game winners! great games!

Administrator

I'm running out of teams to root for. Go CR.

Its down to 4. Greyman, Skibbz, Brownsugar and The Shadow

Advanced Users

DDV has riden to over a thousand posts on this Thread that he started. Congrats! He numero dos to start a Thread on "Random Topics" that rides over a thousands. Holla!

Administrator

Interesting thing. I'm in Costa Rica now and was here the day the national team was eliminated. So of course they were depressed and disheartened that their team lost in penalty kicks and didn't get to advance to the semifinal round, right? No, they partied like they won the World Cup! And I'm thinking, sure it's nice that they took what was positive out of the tourney, going much further than most thought they would. But it begs the question, what will this place look like if they ever actually win it?

That was too easy. Who had Brazil? I'm happy to say you're out because my team thrashed yours! 7-1! It could have been 10-0 had the Germans not had a momentary lapse and a few of their players were more clinical in front of goal.

German masterclass, unforgettable performance by them. Brazilians were dire in their play. They conceded 4 goals in 6 minutes. Rueful performance, Brazil capitulated in front of 50,000 of their own fans. Great game.

Who's to meet Germany in the final?!

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    That was too easy. Who had Brazil? I'm happy to say you're out because my team thrashed yours! 7-1! It could have been 10-0 had the Germans not had a momentary lapse and a few of their players were more clinical in front of goal.

German masterclass, unforgettable performance by them. Brazilians were dire in their play. They conceded 4 goals in 6 minutes. Rueful performance, Brazil capitulated in front of 50,000 of their own fans. Great game.

Who's to meet Germany in the final?!
    That was a historic beating. Wow. If Brazil had a towel to throw in they would have. Funny watching the Brazilian fans actually cheer for Germany towards the end.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    That was a historic beating. Wow. If Brazil had a towel to throw in they would have. Funny watching the Brazilian fans actually cheer for Germany towards the end.
    True football-loving fans to the max. Not the least thoughts of rioting. Just accepting fate and knowing how to chillax. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    They would have roped their towels together and lined up to hang themselves! 7 goals conceded in a semi final is beyond belief.. It was brilliant from the Brazilian fans, almost goading the Germans to batter them more, reminds me a bit of Brandon Rios and his Me Gusta.