English Español
Advertisement
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fight Countdown- Vasyl Lomachenko vs Gary Russell Jr

Advanced Users

Re: Fight Countdown- Vasyl Lomachenko vs Gary Russell Jr

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yeah, it sure seems to happen a lot doesn't it?

Lol I just googled Bane...LMFAO!!!!!! You are too funny...

In any case, I think it speaks volumes to how outdated traditional boxing training methods are. Most fighters still train like Jack Dempsey, which is ridiculous considering all the new equipment and stuff we have out there.

Every other sport has evolved with the times in its preparatory methods. Even boxing' combat cousin MMA is ahead of the curve. Boxing seems to lag behind.

Either way, MMAidana will fight hard. And he will do damage...by hook or by crook.

Russell? He will not be intimidated by the moment. There was a method to their madness, apparently. We will see if it pays off.

Who's that in your picture by the way?
    Wow, The Shadow, you throw me off. The special forces of the world's warriors, warmongers, and armies, and superstars in many other sports come to train with "the preparatory methods" of old skool pugilism. In elite combat nothing has change under the sun, but the players.

All the above use the same precedures that all the JACKS used: Jack Dempsey, Jack Johnson, Black Jack, Jack "Nonpareil" Dempsey and Jack Sharkey, to name a few boksing Jacks.

What they don't and didn't use is this New Jack ($h¡±) training.

The precedures of training with that old skool boksing use is ace important. This machine training syet is for that Jive-turkey Big Screen Russian that Big Screen Rocky put down.

Elite combating humans and nature have a pure synchronization. This is why they run outside to feel, breath and taste the rising sunlight, the roaming moonlight, the whirling wind, the stirring up of dust and dirt and the sweat that is caused by them.

Exercising and training machines cannot imitate Mother Nature. And you know when any type of momma ain't happy and straight, nobody is. Name me one great New Jack using-those-machine-syet great. NONE!

Every boxer that started using exclusively New Jack has gone down in flames. Watch these latest of Trainer Ronny Shields's "Plex Gym."

The red-headed hype is going to tear Lara's arse up.

New Jack training and New Jack substituting of supplements, roids and PEDs for the real thang [$¡¢] are for the whack and an weak-arse attack. Not the smack-an-arse MACK.

Those on dat syet and New Jack training and fad dieting will not champion last as long as the late, greats Bob FitzSimmons, Archie "Old Mongoose" Moore and the very live-dawg "The Alien" B-Hop. Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Yeah, it sure seems to happen a lot doesn't it?

Lol I just googled Bane...LMFAO!!!!!! You are too funny...

In any case, I think it speaks volumes to how outdated traditional boxing training methods are. Most fighters still train like Jack Dempsey, which is ridiculous considering all the new equipment and stuff we have out there.

Every other sport has evolved with the times in its preparatory methods. Even boxing' combat cousin MMA is ahead of the curve. Boxing seems to lag behind.

Either way, MMAidana will fight hard. And he will do damage...by hook or by crook.

Russell? He will not be intimidated by the moment. There was a method to their madness, apparently. We will see if it pays off.

Who's that in your picture by the way?

I would never argue with the triumvate wisdom of the holy trinity of boxing knowledge that flows from three or our most highly respected authorities of the sweet science ( Grimm, RG, and Deepwater)

I totally agree that the traditional methods of training which have been surreptitiously handed down from one era to another are still valid today.

the rules of combative sports obey the natural range of movement the body is capable of.

for example the spine can turn about 90 degrees in both directions maybe a little further if the hips are supple enough.
    And this is only one of many considerations that were worked out through much trial and error when all the various disciplines were first conceived such as Judo, Karate, wrestling, boxing etc....

In wrestling there is a move known as the grapevine, it's the same move used exactly the same way the Greeks used it 2400 years ago. it's the same move you always see being performed by those ancient roman statues depicting a wrestling match.

These moves work because the physiology of mankind has not changed enough to warrant any necessary adjustments due to the turning range and limitations of the joints within the human physique.

But that doesn't mean that wrestling hasn't absorbed some new techniques and training methods.
    I was watching a dual match between Iowa State and Oklahoma not too long ago and saw how everything we were taught several decades ago has been turned on it's head.

These guys,..... who represent the best collegiate wrestlers in the nation were breaking all the rules. Exposing their backs to the canvas, grabbing guys with upper body locks from a weak foundation.... I mean everything we were taught not to do..... they were doing.....and doing it with success.

I'm not saying that the new training methods are better, such as cross training or incorporating various forms of an aerobic training that has been popularly called "muscle confusion", ....using electronic stimulus, weight machines and combining all that with established disciplines like yoga, and Pilates.

I think that similarly to the way boxers have changed the overall style of boxing by incorporating many styles that have been used throughout history. Training has been advanced by supplementing traditional techniques with other resources like automated weight resistance.... the use of various exercise machines that isolate certain muscle groups. and by adding new workout routines that have been scientifically proven by trial and error to be beneficial to the athlete....

I don't think just because a training regime is "NEW" there has to be something faulty with it.

"New" often means better, as opposed to the conception that all new things are simply a useless fad..

The fossberry flop changed forever how high jumpers jump.

Modern techniques will never supplant traditional methods of training but they can act as a supplement to traditional training to enhance what already exists.
    Last edited by brownsugar; 06-18-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Advanced Users

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I would never argue with the triumvate wisdom of the holy trinity of boxing knowledge that flows from three or our most highly respected authorities of the sweet science ( Grimm, RG, and Deepwater)

I totally agree that the traditional methods of training which have been surreptitiously handed down from one era to another are still valid today.

the rules of combative sports obey the natural range of movement the body is capable of.

for example the spine can turn about 90 degrees in both directions maybe a little further if the hips are supple enough.
    And this is only one of many considerations that were worked out through much trial and error when all the various disciplines were first conceived such as Judo, Karate, wrestling, boxing etc....

In wrestling there is a move known as the grapevine, it's the same move used exactly the same way the Greeks used it 2400 years ago. it's the same move you always see being performed by those ancient roman statues depicting a wrestling match.

These moves work because the physiology of mankind has not changed enough to warrant any necessary adjustments due to the turning range and limitations of the joints within the human physique.

But that doesn't mean that wrestling hasn't absorbed some new techniques and training methods.
    I was watching a dual match between Iowa State and Oklahoma not too long ago and saw how everything we were taught several decades ago has been turned on it's head.

These guys,..... who represent the best collegiate wrestlers in the nation were breaking all the rules. Exposing their backs to the canvas, grabbing guys with upper body locks from a weak foundation.... I mean everything we were taught not to do..... they were doing.....and doing it with success.

I'm not saying that the new training methods are better, such as cross training or incorporating various forms of an aerobic training that has been popularly called "muscle confusion", ....using electronic stimulus, weight machines and combining all that with established disciplines like yoga, and Pilates.

I think that similarly to the way boxers have changed the overall style of boxing by incorporating many styles that have been used throughout history. Training has been advanced by supplementing traditional techniques with other resources like automated weight resistance.... the use of various exercise machines that isolate certain muscle groups. and by adding new workout routines that have been scientifically proven by trial and error to be beneficial to the athlete....

I don't think just because a training regime is "NEW" there has to be something faulty with it.

"New" often means better, as opposed to the conception that all new things are simply a useless fad..

The Fossberry flop changed forever how high jumpers jump.

Modern techniques will never supplant traditional methods of training but they can act as a supplement to traditional training to enhance what already exists.
    I read you lot and clear, but style of and way of are about letting in a way of performance over the traditional style of and way of. And that is what the "Fosbury hop" is about. Not for the way high jumping training was done to achieve that style.

Dick Fosbury, the inventor of it, did not change the old skool ways of training for high jumping. Or come with jive manmade so alleged superman equipment that was going to get you there.

Don't forget Jack Johnson brought in side-to-side, in-and-out angling footwork to the game. Plus he brought that leaning back from punches and shooting uppercuts and twisting the wrist to turn the punch over, thus increasing SHOCK snap, crackle, pop power.

But "Ole Smoke" didn't change the way that he worked out. And almost 50 years late GOAT Ali refused New Jack and did it like Old Jack.

And over 50 years later, "Smokin'" Joe Frazier also did it like "Ole Smoke" and Jack Dempsey. SJF put it on the GOAT Ali from the old skool way.

What I'm hollering to The Shadow bout is that don't believe the hype of New Jack. It is just trying to take your money. Mother Nature gets your arse in righteous form with less injuries and harm on a shoestring budget. And like I said, there are consequences to pay, when you don't do it her way.

You haven't notice how many injuries these New Jack jokers have.

Just dig how Holy and Lights Out started get injuries all the time back in the day when they went to that New Jack jive.

And holla at how many problems that Doc Wladimir had when he was New Jacking. Old Skool the late correction fault Great Boxing Guru Manny Steward saved the doc's career and made him great. Holla!

Absolutely Radam.

Roman gladiators trained in ways very familiar to the ways in which boxers train. Combat sports are combat sports at the end of the day, and if something worked once, it always will. I have no doubt that, with the way science is going these days, we can supplement training methods with our new knowledge of the human body, but at the end of the day, the tried and tested ways will still always get the job done.

I hear Robert Guerrero has started using 'Crossfit' in his camps, though it could just be promotional nonsense. If there ever was a jumped up jack s**t school of training, that was it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I have a frame of reference for VLO.... Although he's only been a pro for a short while I can more easily quantify and calculate where I think he will compare with the rest of the division based on his performance against Salido.

On the other hand I have no frame of reference. No trial of adversity against a world class opponent with which I can compare Russell.

Trying to evaluate Russell is like taking target practice at the shooting gallery in the dark.
    He looks amazing on film but so does every other new prospect who hasn't been tested.

He's been severely hurt early in his career but survived
    I'm going to make an educated guess that VLO could handle Russell's best shot better than Russell could handle VLO's best shot.

The normally quiet and sedate Russell has felt emboldened to take a few verbal shots at VLO by calling him a stepping stone.
    Mayweather used to do that but he was already destroying future hall of famers by the time he was 21 years of age and only 17 fights into his pro career...his trash talk was delivered like an oracle of prophetic utterance.

Russell is nowhere close to having enough credibility on his record to be that disrespectful.

I hope Russell has enough talent to make this an interesting and competitive fight and I can barely contain my anticipation for watching two young prime lions go fang to fang in a championship bout.

But at this point in their careers VLO has proven more to the boxing world than Russell ... Russell still has a lot to prove.
    After this fight there will be no more secrets.
    However at this time I have to favor VLO for the win.

Prove me wrong Russell!
    World Class Post.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by flackoguapo View Post
    When's it's " plus " a number it means they are the underdog and you get paid out that number for every 100 bucks u bet. So +140 means that of you bet 100 dollars on GR you get back your 100 plus 140. So the opposite is minus/- ... if a guy is a -200 favorite your have to bet 200 dollars To win 100 dollars, Since they are the favorite you get paid less for your bet.

Someone else can explain it with better detail probably but that's pretty much the get down...I think.
    Yes, when you win you ALWAYS get your money back PLUS your winnings. Guys, go to bestbetting.com, they show the three options for reading the lines. Fractional, Decimal and American are the three they feature. The way stated above is 'American'.

Quote Originally Posted by dino da vinci View Post
    Yes, when you win you ALWAYS get your money back PLUS your winnings. Guys, go to bestbetting.com, they show the three options for reading the lines. Fractional, Decimal and American are the three they feature. The way stated above is 'American'.
    Thanks!!