English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Where will Kell Brook go this year?

Where will Kell Brook go this year?

This August, Kell Brook faces the biggest challenge of his career, in the steam rolling Shawn Porter.

Should Kell win, the elites of the welterweight division will be open to him. He would be in the mix for great fights from Thurman to Mayweather.

Should he lose, it's back to England, to build it back up again.

I have a feeling Kell will pull it off this one off. It'll be a big upset, and Brook will burst onto the global scene. Brook's elite boxing skills and destructive power will give Porter a taste of something he's never had before. This will be the first time that Porter's faced someone with skill set and hunger of Brook, and he'll find himself lacking what it takes to get Brook out of there.

I say Brook by SD.

What do you think will go down this August? And where do you see the victor going from there?

Re: Where will Kell Brook go this year?

I don't think if he loses there will be any building up to do. Eddie has fed him a host of non-contenders and now he's finally ready to pounce onto the world stage. If he loses, a fighter with his skill and professionalism will simply not fade into the mist. He is there and his promoter has invested too much in him to simply drop him down the bottom of the ladder.

The Porter Brook match up is incredible. We have two really talented and hungry fighters from both sides of the pond eager to scrap it out. It's a long time coming yet but it's going to be great. I think it will come down to who is more prepared on the night, both physically and mentally.

They both have the attributes in skill, power and conditioning to win the fight. It will come to down will, and the ability to fight on the biggest stage of their lives.

Porter will come with his newly tried and tested bulldozing style. Brook will have to be on his A game and play the matador, boxing the bull's ears off and forcing a fight more dependent on skill rather than raw power where Porter has the clear advantage.

Both guys are head strong so it will likely go the distance, I think Porter may get the hometown advantage if the fight is close or not overly in favour of Brook. It's up to Brook to come and dominate, he knows it and it's up to him to put on that display.

Porter will have to take on someone like Thurman should he win or lose in my opinion. For Brook I see Amir Khan if he wins or loses, the domestic purse will be fat and is already ripe waiting to be plucked.

I don't think if he loses there will be any building up to do. Eddie has fed him a host of non-contenders and now he's finally ready to pounce onto the world stage. If he loses, a fighter with his skill and professionalism will simply not fade into the mist. He is there and his promoter has invested too much in him to simply drop him down the bottom of the ladder.

The Porter Brook match up is incredible. We have two really talented and hungry fighters from both sides of the pond eager to scrap it out. It's a long time coming yet but it's going to be great. I think it will come down to who is more prepared on the night, both physically and mentally.

They both have the attributes in skill, power and conditioning to win the fight. It will come to down will, and the ability to fight on the biggest stage of their lives.

Porter will come with his newly tried and tested bulldozing style. Brook will have to be on his A game and play the matador, boxing the bull's ears off and forcing a fight more dependent on skill rather than raw power where Porter has the clear advantage.

Both guys are head strong so it will likely go the distance, I think Porter may get the hometown advantage if the fight is close or not overly in favour of Brook. It's up to Brook to come and dominate, he knows it and it's up to him to put on that display.

Porter will have to take on someone like Thurman should he win or lose in my opinion. For Brook I see Amir Khan if he wins or loses, the domestic purse will be fat and is already ripe waiting to be plucked.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    This August, Kell Brook faces the biggest challenge of his career, in the steam rolling Shawn Porter.

Should Kell win, the elites of the welterweight division will be open to him. He would be in the mix for great fights from Thurman to Mayweather.

Should he lose, it's back to England, to build it back up again.

I have a feeling Kell will pull it off this one off. It'll be a big upset, and Brook will burst onto the global scene. Brook's elite boxing skills and destructive power will give Porter a taste of something he's never had before. This will be the first time that Porter's faced someone with skill set and hunger of Brook, and he'll find himself lacking what it takes to get Brook out of there.

I say Brook by SD.

What do you think will go down this August? And where do you see the victor going from there?
    I believe this will be a one sided win for Porter. I see him dominating and getting a mid-round stoppage.

Porter has improved a lot as a fighter. If Brook thinks he is getting the guy that fought Julio Diaz a few years ago, he is in for a rude awakening.

Porter is a strong Welterweight. He fought a good portion of his career at Junior Middleweight before coming down to Welterweight.

Porter is aggressive but its controlled aggression. He doesn't just rush in, he will jab. He cuts off the ring well. And when he gets inside, he works and works and works even if the opponent is trying to latch onto him.

To me, Brook is a solid fighter that was beaten inferior opposition on the way up the ladder. But he doesn't do anything that stands out and makes a lot of amateurish mistakes in the ring that he hasn't paid for too much yet because of the level of opponent he has faced.

Brook pulls back often in a straight line with his hands down. Its a bad habit and has yet to be corrected. That in itself could be disastrous against an aggressive fighter that will follow him and be throwing at the same time. His left hand is also often held low and when he jabs has a bad tendency of bringing that left back very slowly and being very open to a counter from an experienced fighter.

I also think experience plays a big factor in this fight. Porter has more experience against better fighters and has come out on top in those fights. He knows he can go a hard twelve rounds. Brook does not know he can and maybe pacing himself and holding back in this fight with that on his mind.

I will say one of the things I love about this fight is the variance of opinions as to the result. There are a lot of fans that think Brook is the real deal. And a lot who think Porter is the real deal. It will make for some fun discussion and debate leading up to this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by oubobcat View Post
    I believe this will be a one sided win for Porter. I see him dominating and getting a mid-round stoppage.

Porter has improved a lot as a fighter. If Brook thinks he is getting the guy that fought Julio Diaz a few years ago, he is in for a rude awakening.

Porter is a strong Welterweight. He fought a good portion of his career at Junior Middleweight before coming down to Welterweight.

Porter is aggressive but its controlled aggression. He doesn't just rush in, he will jab. He cuts off the ring well. And when he gets inside, he works and works and works even if the opponent is trying to latch onto him.

To me, Brook is a solid fighter that was beaten inferior opposition on the way up the ladder. But he doesn't do anything that stands out and makes a lot of amateurish mistakes in the ring that he hasn't paid for too much yet because of the level of opponent he has faced.

Brook pulls back often in a straight line with his hands down. Its a bad habit and has yet to be corrected. That in itself could be disastrous against an aggressive fighter that will follow him and be throwing at the same time. His left hand is also often held low and when he jabs has a bad tendency of bringing that left back very slowly and being very open to a counter from an experienced fighter.

I also think experience plays a big factor in this fight. Porter has more experience against better fighters and has come out on top in those fights. He knows he can go a hard twelve rounds. Brook does not know he can and maybe pacing himself and holding back in this fight with that on his mind.

I will say one of the things I love about this fight is the variance of opinions as to the result. There are a lot of fans that think Brook is the real deal. And a lot who think Porter is the real deal. It will make for some fun discussion and debate leading up to this fight.
    I can tell you that Brook is by no means taking Porter lightly and has the utmost respect for the man who's belt he's going to try to take. The reason for him risking his neck with those type of defensive faults is that he knows his opponent can't make him pay. It's to impress the crowd and not the man that knows his boxing. When he is in the ring with a class opponent, his own class will ride high.

I think personally both guys are the real deal, it will just come down to which one of the pair wills themselves to victory!

Brook is going to have to have confidence in his power and movement, and stay loose; in order to catch Porter.

Because - as it is stated here in some posts - Porter has a bulldozing powerful light middleweight style that is usually hard to deal with unless you can its respect.

And that usually only happens if you can hurt the guy.

I like both guys though.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcentre View Post
    Brook is going to have to have confidence in his power and movement, and stay loose; in order to catch Porter.

Because - as it is stated here in some posts - Porter has a bulldozing powerful light middleweight style that is usually hard to deal with unless you can its respect.

And that usually only happens if you can hurt the guy.

I like both guys though.
    They're both fantastically skilled. Neither guy is lacking in any department, except maybe Brook in reputation, but this fight will remedy that.

Brook has the boxing skills to tame the beast, and the power to hurt him.

Similarly, Porter has the sheer strength to give anyone problems, and the skills to give the best of boxers a headache.

You can't be lacking in either boxing ability or power when you're facing Porter. We saw that with Paulie- if you can stick and move but you can't hurt the guy, then you're in for a tough time.

This is one of my most highly anticipated bouts of the year, I can't wait!
    Last edited by thegreyman; 06-19-2014 at 01:08 PM.