English Español
Advertisement
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Re: World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Living costs + deal I could negotiate with paper. Hotels are $300/night. Ridiculous. The group stage doesn't get as much attention as the closing stages. And thanks, Skibbz!

Who's your favorite??
    A few friends of mine are in Brazil now, they told me a pint of some not so good beer is £20! Absolute rip off but apparently the atmosphere is incredible and so are the people, so I'm sure you're going to have a ball.

Fair enough although us footie fans watch most games we have the time to, nothing beats the World Cup in national sports, not even the Olympics or WSB!

I'm supporting England... We're not going to reach the quarters... Who dares believe?

I think it'll be Argentina or Germany who win it, Brazil Belgium and Holland all have a fair shot but they won't do it I don't think. Off to my local watering spot for a few warm up pints..

I can't believe we lost to Italy... Oh the tears.

I'm covering the World Cup live, Skibbz! I got my tix to Rio, FIFA got us an overpriced crappy place by Copacabana and we have credentials. Starting July 4th!
    Lucky you! You'll have a fantastic time I'm sure.

Are you a football fan Shadow? Who are you picking to win the WC? Do you follow the English Premier League at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    I can't believe we lost to Italy... Oh the tears.
    We played quite well, and Italy played better. We'll beat Uruguay though. Believe!

Come on England!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Lucky you! You'll have a fantastic time I'm sure.

Are you a football fan Shadow? Who are you picking to win the WC? Do you follow the English Premier League at all?
    Heck yeah, Greyman! I've played decent level before. Was a striker though I later played the center mid. Not great or anything but I was offered a scholarship by a Division I team in Brooklyn, NY back in 2004.

I do follow the Premier League! My nephew plays for Denmark and almost signed with a Premier League team last year before signing with a a French team. He wants to play for Arsenal so I do follow it. I don't follow it as much as I used to but I have to get up to date so I can churn out some decent articles lol.

Do you follow football and the PL? You wouldn't happen to be from the UK too would you?

Thanks for your nice message, brother!

Germany handed Portugal and Ronaldo a serious thrashing. 4-0. Brazil Mexico tonight should be an entertaining game.. Going with the home town team!

Heck yeah, Greyman! I've played decent level before. Was a striker though I later played the center mid. Not great or anything but I was offered a scholarship by a Division I team in Brooklyn, NY back in 2004.

I do follow the Premier League! My nephew plays for Denmark and almost signed with a Premier League team last year before signing with a a French team. He wants to play for Arsenal so I do follow it. I don't follow it as much as I used to but I have to get up to date so I can churn out some decent articles lol.

Do you follow football and the PL? You wouldn't happen to be from the UK too would you?

Thanks for your nice message, brother!
    Sure am! I'm from London myself, and Chelsea fan.

Just looked up the details of MLS- you must have a seriously good touch to have been offered a place as centre-mid in the top flight of US football.

How come you never took them up on the offer? You could have been PLAYING in Brazil by now, let alone reporting!

Belgium just ground out a 2-1 victory against Algeria. Disappointing performance from Belgium: the fantastic squad they have don't seemed to have gelled together so well.

At least Fellaini's hair managed to get on the scorecards.

What a strike by Cahill for Australia today. Right out the top draw.

Australia almost beat the Dutch! Great game and great fight for the Ozzie's.

Spain losing 2-0 to Chile!!! The champions could be the first team to get kicked out of the competition.. Incredible!