English Español
Advertisement
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Advanced Users

Re: World Cup 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Both are as bad and seedy as each other, only one has a bigger rug to hide it under. They even hold fake matches which syndicates bet millions on... They hire the stadium, pay officials and then fix commentary for 90 minutes. Although there's not a single soul on the pitch! Makes me laugh sometimes...
    Hehehe! And both have munchers. OMFG! Luis Suarez could be a long-lost relative of "Iron" Mike Tyson or Dracula or somebody. These blokes love to bit folks. Holla!

Indeed it is 3 times now. Hahaha I think he may be RG, he's got a bad habit he can't let go..

If he did it on the street once he would face jail, twice and he'd be going down for a few years. Three times and he's on a one way ride to the looney bin. What are the chances he comes off with a light telling off and then is bought for over £100m in the next few weeks?

Hey Skibbz, After i played college ball I noticed a real difference in using quality balls rather then using cheaper ones I seemed to play with growing up. I didn't really notice too much in highschool for some reason but anyway, do you have a reccomendation on which brands make good balls. Anybody else that knows the info is welcome! World cup has me pumped up and I been hittin the pitch but I want my own ball to get my shot right since its not too smooth right now!

If you can get your hands on a mitre training ball you're set. If not then nike match balls are good. Try to get all weather balls if you can as they're the most durable. Size 5 ofcourse!

A smaller size 3 ball will help you with technique too, especially skills and juggling/kick ups. Have fun!

Robben dived and cost Mexico there chance to progress! Great fighting by the Mexican players they dominated the first half and held their own defensively and offensively in the second. Unfortunate that they're out they were great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Robben dived and cost Mexico there chance to progress! Great fighting by the Mexican players they dominated the first half and held their own defensively and offensively in the second. Unfortunate that they're out they were great to watch.
    No way was that a dive, though granted he did go down easily. There were 3/4 incidents before then that should have resulted in a penalty- and the ref let justice prevail against the heavy tackles of the Mexican players.

It was a great performance from the Mexicans, but they choked right at the end. I thought it was very evenly matched up till the last 20 minutes when Holland really started to push.

So, with 8 teams to go in a so far entertaining World Cup, it's prediction time.

On one half.

Germany-France: Germany
    Brazil-Colombia: Brazil

Brazil-Germany: Germany

On the other half:

Argentina-Belgium: Argentina
    Netherlands (Holland, really)-Costa Rica: Holland

Argentina-Holland: ah, tough call between the finalists from '78, but in the end with a reverse outcome

And so, the final will be a all-european replay of '74...and against all common sense, I think the fourth time is the lucky time for Holland. They gave the world 'totaalvoetball'. They're worth it.

Advanced Users

All the P-Islands are watching. And we are riding, sliding and high-fiving to victory with Netherlands/Holland. Pinoy PRIDE have us pulling for midfielder Jonathan de Guzman -- a Jamaican-Pinoy. Holla!

What a game. Brazil played very well and Columbia seemed intimidated before the first goal. James is a real future talent. What a sensational strike by Luiz. Indescribable skill.

So far so right Grimm, i wouldn't bet against your predictions.

Although.. Holland haven't looked fantastic through out the tournament and have defended very sloppily allowing weaker sides to put one or two in their net.. Costa Rica have flare and play at a real high tempo. It's going to be a great game tomorrow night.