English Español
Advertisement
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anthony Joshua and Hype in the Heavyweight Divison

Re: Anthony Joshua and Hype in the Heavyweight Divison

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    David Haye vs Tarver brought to you by people who hate boxing fans and only want to make some $
    Oh man.. I wouldn't be surprised... David is angling for a big fight with the winner (or loser) of the Fury Chisora fight coming up.. I don't mind David Haye, but all this coming and going with injuries or not.. He shouldn't expect to be at the head of the pack when it comes to the fights.

That being said.. I'd pay nice to see the Hayemaker and the Bronze Bomber go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post
    Oh man.. I wouldn't be surprised... David is angling for a big fight with the winner (or loser) of the Fury Chisora fight coming up.. I don't mind David Haye, but all this coming and going with injuries or not.. He shouldn't expect to be at the head of the pack when it comes to the fights.

That being said.. I'd pay nice to see the Hayemaker and the Bronze Bomber go at it.
    I actually feel bad for the big lug Fury for having Haye pull out on him twice. Time and money wasted. Fury will have a field day ripping Haye apart about avoiding him by way of retirement only to come back and fight Tarver. I don't expect to see fury ever give Haye a fight unless its for a title. Haye and Wilder had a good spar. It looks like Haye did a number on him but I only saw a clip. Its on you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbz View Post

David Haye vs. Antonio Tarver. Sounds crazy when it first rolls off the tongue but definitely not so when you think about it.

Tarver is angling for a big fight at heavyweight. More importantly to him, a big payday.

If Haye comes back, he would do so probably against an opponent with name recognition to help sell the event. Tarver would certainly fit that bill.

Yep, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this one happen.

One other possibility for Tarver...the winner of Stiverne-Wilder. Not saying I like it but I think its a strong possibility given Tarver's connections and lack of names in the heavyweight division in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    I actually feel bad for the big lug Fury for having Haye pull out on him twice. Time and money wasted. Fury will have a field day ripping Haye apart about avoiding him by way of retirement only to come back and fight Tarver. I don't expect to see fury ever give Haye a fight unless its for a title. Haye and Wilder had a good spar. It looks like Haye did a number on him but I only saw a clip. Its on you tube.
    Yeah I was the same I was hoping for that fight to happen too but Mr David Haye wriggled his way out some way some how...

I saw the video a while back, I don't think Wilder could handle much of the top level competition Haye's fought in his career, would have been interesting to see Wilder Valuev..

If Haye comes back then I'll only be interested in seeing him take on and hopefully take out the best. Haye was a beast in his 'haye-day' and I fancy a prime Haye's chances against anyone in the division. I want to see him demolish the best heavyweights Britain has to offer first of all, and follow it up by defeating Wilder, for whom he's more than a match.