English Español
Advertisement

Thread: Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez - Final press conference

Advanced Users BoxingChannel.tv's Avatar

Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez - Final press conference

Re: Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez - Final press conference

Signs of things to come.

One of the first thing Sergio talks about is his knee brace.Instead of talking about his training or motivation he addresses this. “There are no issues with the sheath I will be using for my knee on fight night. Once the commission saw what it actually was I was using, they were completely OK with it.

Right after that he talks about how hard it is to come back from his injuries. “It was very hard for me to come back from this, (the knee and shoulder injury) but I have an excellent team behind me, and more than that I have my ego and that is what drove me to get back to where I was before the injuries occurred.

Well having an ego is a good thing if it reasonable but for him to say that not all Argentinians are looking forward to the world cup but all Argentinians are looking forward to watching him. That is a bit too much. I wonder who has more fans in his country, him or Messi ? “Not all Argentinians are looking forward to the World Cup, as not everyone is a soccer fan but I can assure you that everyone in Argentina is definitely looking forward to and paying attention to this fight.

I can tell you from first hand experience , all Argentinians are looking forward to soccer! My friend is the bartender at Nevada Smiths in NYC and in that place soccer is religion. He says it is packed to the rafters every day with everyone but especially Argentinians and Brazilians.

I am going with Cotto.

Quote Originally Posted by deepwater2 View Post
    Signs of things to come.

One of the first thing Sergio talks about is his knee brace.Instead of talking about his training or motivation he addresses this. “There are no issues with the sheath I will be using for my knee on fight night. Once the commission saw what it actually was I was using, they were completely OK with it.

Right after that he talks about how hard it is to come back from his injuries. “It was very hard for me to come back from this, (the knee and shoulder injury) but I have an excellent team behind me, and more than that I have my ego and that is what drove me to get back to where I was before the injuries occurred.

Well having an ego is a good thing if it reasonable but for him to say that not all Argentinians are looking forward to the world cup but all Argentinians are looking forward to watching him. That is a bit too much. I wonder who has more fans in his country, him or Messi ? “Not all Argentinians are looking forward to the World Cup, as not everyone is a soccer fan but I can assure you that everyone in Argentina is definitely looking forward to and paying attention to this fight.

I can tell you from first hand experience , all Argentinians are looking forward to soccer! My friend is the bartender at Nevada Smiths in NYC and in that place soccer is religion. He says it is packed to the rafters every day with everyone but especially Argentinians and Brazilians.

I am going with Cotto.
    Well Argentines do love their boxing but I think you're right they probably fancy football more. Still watching Sergio this weekend will be all the Argentines who will watch the World Cup you can be certain of it.

That was the most sedate and uneventful Final Press Conference I have ever seen.... My mind kept wandering to astounding symmetrical perfection of ring girls standing just behind them. Wow!!

Both boxers talked in a rush like they had somewhere else to be.... Cotto as usual, going bug eyed occasionally as if he'd never done any public speaking before.
    And Maravella, Speed talking his way through a brief and tidy little speech.

Sometimes fighters don't like to be in the company of their opponents due to the increasing build up of animosity and the desire to simply release the all the aggression they have stored up since the fight was signed.

Nervous energy all over the place like a chilly desert wind.

If this press confrontation was any indication of what to expect tomorrow.... even though there was no false displays of bravado,... no machismo filled declarations of savage intentions.

I think we're going to be treated to a deliciously appetizing serving of blood, guts, and glory tomorrow night.

I'll take that Brownsugar, both guys look like they're out to do real harm!

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    That was the most sedate and uneventful Final Press Conference I have ever seen.... My mind kept wandering to astounding symmetrical perfection of ring girls standing just behind them. Wow!!
    Agreed. I didn't realize there was a press conference until about 4 or 5 minutes in.